3069 (P)

3083 ®

3108 ®

3126 (S)

3158 (S)

3165 (S)

3205 (W)

2870 Javi Herrera?????

2871 Javier Herrera (I'm pretty sure on this one)

Doubles that need to be re-checked:

3067 Renyel Pinto

3068 Renyel Pinto

3073 Josh Rainwater

3075 Josh Rainwater

2875 Jason Hirsh

2877 Jason Hirsh

spreadsheet is almost complete.

Some front page changes (From Tony3's spreadsheet2):

Ed Rogers 1953 BAL

Matt Bruback 2202 BAL

Dustin Moseley 1868 ANA

Tommy Murphy 1872 ANA

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some more i noticed on page one (From Tony3's spreadsheet2 and the 2005 rookie audio list):

Brent Clevlen 2754 DET

John Stephens 2011 BOS

Preston Larrison 2336 DET

Andy Van Hekken 2053 DET

Chris Clapinski 1026 K.C.

Shane Costa 2763 K.C.

Danny Borrell 1558 NYY

David Parrish 1895 NYY

Marc Valdes 896 NYY

Brad Voyles 1268 NYY

Ryan Christenson 1603 SEA

Jeff Heaverlo 1732 SEA

Rett Johnson 2322 SEA

Adam Jones 2914 SEA

Scott Maynard 1839 SEA

Edgar Gonzalez 2280 TEX

Drew Meyer 2993 TEX

A.J. Murray 3022 TEX

Jason Arnold 1527 TOR

Kevin Frederick 1674 TOR

Vince Perkins 3059 TOR

Bubba Nelson 2380 CIN

Matt Anderson 0027 COL

Danny Ardoin 0991 COL

Scott Chiasson 1313 COL

David Cortes 2495 COL

Eddy Garabito 1678 COL

Chris Narveson 2379 COL

Jerome Gamble 2272 MIL

Anthony Gwynn (Tony Gwynn Jr.) 2843 MIL

Corey Hart 2559 MIL

Tommy Hawk 2860 MIL

Jeff Housman 2883 MIL

Clay Condrey 2098 PHI

Ryan Howard 2315 PHI

Franklin Perez 2397 PHI

Chris Roberson 3089 PHI

Carlos Rodriguez 3091 PHI

Robinson Tejeda 3177 PHI

Terry Jones 0441 PHI

Jorge Padilla 1890 PHI

Rhett Parrott 3048 STL

Travis Ishikawa 2892 S.F.

Tony Torcato 2034 S.F.

Alfredo Simon 3134 S.F.

Still missing the the audio players listed in the previous post except:

3022=A.J. Murray

Oh, I was going to post some of my finds on missing Cardinals players (Ryan, Rust, etc), but you just posted them

I still need Chris Lambert, which could be 2932. Or not!

On this spreadsheet, does it just have the ID# & Players (or do you list the team, position, etc)

If so, can you email it to me at wolfie2k33@hotmail.com

I've been putting them in my MVPedit (but having a trouble time finding which team a few of these guys play for)

Thanks and keep up the great work

Thanks

Oh, I was going to post some of my finds on missing Cardinals players (Ryan, Rust, etc), but you just posted them

I still need Chris Lambert, which could be 2932. Or not!

On this spreadsheet, does it just have the ID# & Players (or do you list the team, position, etc)

If so, can you email it to me at wolfie2k33@hotmail.com

I've been putting them in my MVPedit (but having a trouble time finding which team a few of these guys play for)

Thanks and keep up the great work

Thanks

I just have the players and their associated ID's for now. by this weekend, i will try to sort out their associated teams and maybe postitions.

2720- Don Boughy?

2760- Jesse Coors?

2805- Kiel Fisher

2853- Midre Hanson

2932- Mark Lamakia?

2971- Oscar Matzaramo?

2978- John McHendry

3069- Tony Pluta

3083- Chris Rekan? sounds a little like Rietsma but i doubt it is

3108- Nate Rataaun

3126- Chris Seben?

3158- Jason Stevens

3165- Kelly Shoppach

3205- John Wilkerson

Those will obviously need to be verified and those are all of the ones DMZ posted that we needed

3083 is Chris Resop

i dunno about 3165 being Kelly Shoppach as it doesnt match alphabetical oreder.

i thought it was Kelly Shoppach but i didn't enter it because of the alphabetical order as well. thanks TribeTime26 for going through those numbers. i will try to find the rest tommorrow if they aren't determined by then. i plan on adding the affiliations, or at least the mlb team, associated with each player on the spreadsheet. this project wasn't all that fun but we can almost see the light. credit will definately be given to those who contributed. thanks.

i thought it was Kelly Shoppach but i didn't enter it because of the alphabetical order as well. thanks TribeTime26 for going through those numbers. i will try to find the rest tommorrow if they aren't determined by then. i plan on adding the affiliations, or at least the mlb team, associated with each player on the spreadsheet. this project wasn't all that fun but we can almost see the light. credit will definately be given to those who contributed. thanks.

Hey DMZ/Hory & to the person that emailed me (didn't leave me MVPmods ID Name)

I'm currently working on a Team Roster Guide (spreadsheet) for each team's roster, which would include each of these names in this thread & IDs that you've found, Team & Affiliation, plus #, Position, Bat/Throw, Ht & Wt, Birthdate, as well as Career Pitching & Batting (just totals).

<b>I've already got 6 of AL teams done in 1/2 of day</B> I plan on working on it through the weekend.

I tried to go back and forth on MVPedit and Researching the Internet for each of the players & team and it was just taking too f'ing long. So, I'm quick w/ spreadsheets and figured it would be a good guide for people using MVPedit (who don't want to do the research).

Lata folks

Hey DMZ/Hory & to the person that emailed me (didn't leave me MVPmods ID Name)

I'm currently working on a Team Roster Guide (spreadsheet) for each team's roster, which would include each of these names in this thread & IDs that you've found, Team & Affiliation, plus #, Position, Bat/Throw, Ht & Wt, Birthdate, as well as Career Pitching & Batting (just totals).

<b>I've already got 6 of AL teams done in 1/2 of day</B> I plan on working on it through the weekend.

I tried to go back and forth on MVPedit and Researching the Internet for each of the players & team and it was just taking too f'ing long. So, I'm quick w/ spreadsheets and figured it would be a good guide for people using MVPedit (who don't want to do the research).

Lata folks

That sounds great; looking forward to the finished project. it sounds like it will help the roster modders out quite a bit and continue to help organize player id's with portrait updates from various members.

Hory, seems as if all the 2005 photos are now available on mlb.com. i didn't check them all, but the teams i looked at had the updated photos. i also noticed that there are players that were sent down already and are not on the 40 man roster or the spring training invitees but are found under player search. i collected all the pirates players who had their photo taken on media day using gettyimages as a guide. whoever was missing from the 40 man and spring invitees, i just player searched and found their updated photo. just wanted to give you a heads up on that one.

Tim Bittner ANA is 2715 not 2705 (Tim Bausher).

Also Brad Eldred (Big Country) 2793 is a Pirate minor leaguer, would you please put him on the list. thanks.

I went through the list one more time and also deciphered the doubles. here they are:

2877 Jason Hirsh

3067 Renyel Pinto

3068 Chad Pleiness

3073 Carlos Quentin ARI (one of the Baseball America's Top 100)

3075 Josh Rainwater

3108 Jae-Kuk Ryu

3126 Chris Seddon

I mistakenly imputed the same id numbers for the three doubles listed earlier and now there are no more doubles. nearly all of the players have been determined except the following 10 I.D.'s:

2875 (pretty sure it is Chris Hines but i couldn't find any info on the net).

I'll check on Chris Hines (I'm using about 5 sources for my Guide) If he exists he's gott be one them... :lol:

Sounds good, i decided to upload version 1.0 just to get the info out to those making portraits and rosters. thanks wolfy6finger.

The only Hines I find is Matthew & Carlos (formerly w/ Tampa Bay)

Could it be Carlos, not Chris

Edit - Carlos still w/ Tampa

Matthew w/ Minny AAA team

I saw Carlos Hines and Matthew Hines as well so i went back to listening and i'm nearly 100% positive that that stadium announcer said 'Chris Hines'. I had the same issue with #3158 Jason Stevens. I couldn't find him but found Jason Stevenson so i went back again but i did not hear the 'son' at the end of the name. maybe someday these players will pop up.

Could 3158 be Jason Stephens of the Yankees?

It could very well be, i didn't see a jason stephens on Baseball America, Minorleaguebaseball.com or any other site. On BA, i found a jay stephens that plays in the yankee organization. if that is jason stephens then i'll add that to the sheet. there is a good chance that some of these players are listed by nicknames on sites and that is why we haven't found them. if you are sure about stephens then i'll add him. thanks.

It could very well be, i didn't see a jason stephens on Baseball America, Minorleaguebaseball.com or any other site. On BA, i found a jay stephens that plays in the yankee organization. if that is jason stephens then i'll add that to the sheet. there is a good chance that some of these players are listed by nicknames on sites and that is why we haven't found them. if you are sure about stephens then i'll add him. thanks.

Here he is..

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=303&p=2&a...2%2f331552.html

Hey thanks hory, i added him to the spreadsheet. only nine players left. i also went through your first page list to add affiliations to some of these players. i noticed a few things that might need changed. Brian Bass 2703 plays for KC. Bryan Bass 2704 plays for BAL. I think you had both assigned 2703. i assigned those players alphabetically by last name then first. Also Brian McCann, ATL is 2976, which you have, but Brad McCann, FLA, is listed as the same number on the front page. Finally Jai Miller, FLA, could also be Jay Miller for, Greensboro, i think. you can make the choice on that one. one is a pitcher and the other a fielder.

i'm going to look into Javier Herrera 2871, which i'm sure it is and look at Javi Herrera 2870. i don't know if there are two herrera's and i think i should double check. thanks again.

i also found the teams for the following:

Matt Albers HOU

Jeff Allison FLA

Josh Anderson HOU

Stephen Andrade TOR

Ezequiel Astacio HOU

jay stephens is jason stephens who was drafted out of tallmadge high school in 03.

a yankee.

do you guys need help identifying which guys are on which teams? im unsure what stage you are at. its great to see the work here though.

jay stephens is jason stephens who was drafted out of tallmadge high school in 03.

a yankee.

do you guys need help identifying which guys are on which teams? im unsure what stage you are at. its great to see the work here though.

poonani, if there are any names that you can associate affiliations with please post them on this thread and i'll update the spreadsheet and i'm sure hory will update his list at the beginning of the thread. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks again. great name by the way, sounds like my father and his Vietnam stories. :D

Archived