emulators.

mcoll

See what you started mcoll?  hehe

Seriously though if I wanted to get back into 360 gaming, I would buy a modded latter version 360 from a reputable modder, a second monitor connected to my PC (my older DELL 20" CRT monitor is tremendous) and converter for the 360 to that monitor.  People sell burned games all the time, but I think the actual games are still available and probably dirt cheap on sites like ebay, half.com, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea the thing about emulators is that it requires a very powerful rig to use. On this circa 06 laptop, I can run PS1 game ala the better Resident Evil games, ect. But going to PS2 will get me around 5-15 FPS, at best. That didn't stop me from playing Fight Night Round 3 for a whole career though, but that took forever.

I have gotten a GameCube to work, or whatever the last real Nintendo Console was, no I don't count the Wii as a console, no I don't care. I was able to play the updated Resident Evil, but at very low FPS.

By any chance do you recall a long gone website called Emux.com? I got a lot of Roms there. It's been gone for over ten years now.

No I don't. I didn't really get into emulating till maybe around 2009ish? At that point it was mainly N.E.S games that I had as a kid. I never even dreamed until just a few years back, that I could play an emulation of old Arcade Games. Now, if only I could build a true sit down cabinet of Daytona USA or SEGA Rally, or Silent Scope! Damn, so many old awesome games from the early years of MMOs. When you opponent was in arms reach of you. Sure there was bickering and some harsh words, even fighting, but there was always respect. Back then, gaming was a "small" crowd of people, and we welcomed anyone who joined our ranks. Its mostly the same way now days, minus the respect sadly.

I don't really have an "official" site that I browse and haven't done so in a bit now. And again unfortunately when I had to reformat, I wasn't able to boot into Windows to save same of that on my thumb drives. There are a large number of sites that I recall. The ones that ring a bell as being "safe" are Emuparadise, Coolrom and DopeRoms. Some have roms that others don't. Some hold to some strange idea that even though these games classify as abandon ware that they are still copyright protected. I suppose that could be debatable, of which I am not versed enough in to have a legitimate point. If Nintendo and Sega would release the entire library of these systems (NES, Master, Genesis, SNES ect) both domestic and international, on a console, or even better on STEAM, I would pay more money than I could find in order to have these. But that isn't ever going to happen sadly.

Edited by Slydude3129

• 4 months later...