MVP not starting after Windows 7 9-8-15 Updates

Gordo

Hello!

I have a trouble.

maybe, this support is useful.

MVP BASEBALL did not start my PC suddenly either.

Similar Security Update is installed.

Should I delete this Security Update?

Or

What should I do?
Explained it in order; when give you it, is support.
My PC is Windows7.

access.png

security.png

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed that culprit update and did the registry fix.  Confirming that Kyleb's choice "Type 2 to set the driver's service to automatic, and then click OK" is the one to use.  Rebooting the PC after making this registry change is key.

I would also backup your registry just in case.  You simply right click on "Computer" in the left hand column and select export.  I would suggest naming it something like the date of the backup and regbak or something like that.  It will save it as a reg file to whatever location you choose.

Hey there.  I came over from the other support thread.  I got the 2005 edition of the game to work, but it couldn't load my old owner mode in that.  Would that possibly be because I replaced it with the 2015 mod owner mode?  If so, how do I get the 2015 version to run.  Just to clarify for everyone else on this thread, I installed it in May or June and it's been working perfectly up until the other day.  I have the exact same problem as listed in this thread.

mrmiller.... check in your Documents section for the sub-folders for mvp2005 and eamods08.  I think the 2015 TC mod is pulling saves from the eamods08 folder and mvp2005 pulls from the other, so switch what you need.

I checked in both documents and program files, but I couldn't find those subfolders.  All of the MVP 15 files seem to be in the right place.  A new problem seems to be that the game crashes when I try to play anything.  I don't know if that's because I moved the files from 2005 into a separate folder elsewhere on my computer because of the addition of the mod.  

I did find save game data for MVP2005 in another folder outside of the general MVP Baseball folder.  I don't know if that helps or not.

I don't know.  You're confusing me a bit.  "Documents" (which used to be mydocuments) houses the game saves, be they for season, or your options and what not.  We're not talking about the files for the actual game itself (which originally got installed to the Program Files folder).

Okay I see what you mean.  Attached is a diagram of what I have in "documents" right now.  There's no EAmods' MVP 08 though.  I don't remember seeing that for the 2015 mod or the original game when I initially installed it. 

However, the question still remains how do I get MVP 15 itself to work.  

My apologies for being confusing.  I'm no computer wizard.

Documents Diagram.png

Your MVP Baseball 2015 folder looks as if this is to where you installed the MVP 15 TC mod.  I don't know what the MVP Baseball 2005 data folder is.... it looks like something you've created.

Your "This PC/Documents" location suggests you're on Windows 10.  There are separate threads for Windows 10 and MVP 15 support discussions.  See those.  This thread is for what's in the original post.

Yes.  Provided you want to continue with it.   I would search <*.sav> with no brackets on your entire C drive to see where those saves are located since you can't find them.  If you're search comes through empty, then you really didn't save anything in game. 

You'll wanna take future concerns to the other proper thread at this point.

My windows 7 64 bit machine mustn't be a "magic" machine.  I did EVERYTHING in the #2 addendum and it shows the beginning little pic and then Windows kicks me out and there's NO exception...bare bones install or my 1971 season!!!

What's next guys???

BRobby05

No, it was the cause because I had been monkeying around with the stuff before I even wrote the above post.  After I had written that I made sure that all the updates had been uninstalled and the regedit was adjusted, I decided to try to uninstall and reinstall the bare bones game and use the patch #2 and I also restored my 1971 season and it works now.  I did notice that when I started to try to reinstall the updates that the sec. update for Power Point dated around Oct. 18th caused a problem that's all so far and I have about 44-46 to go yet.

I did notice about 3 weeks ago that the icon for the hex program became a red circle with a white "X" inside.  Does anybody know anything about that.  I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.

Thanks,

BRobby05

I think you're getting beyond the scope of this thread.  What hex program are you talking about?  Nothing here about a PPT update or other update problems. Maybe you should take this to the MVP15 or start a new thread so this doesn't get convoluted.

Actually it's the hdd program uploaded from here by Umachines in June 2005.  I was just checking to see why my icon all of a sudden got messed up about the same time as this update thing started.

I only other "update" that messed me up today was W7 64 bit update KB3086255...security update for same.

Thanks,

BRobby05

1st time I've ever posted ... and I just want to say thank you !!!!  Thank you, thank all of you for everything on this site!!!

This is just the latest example of all I am grateful for.  I hadn't played for a while and when the game didn't load, I spend a good 6 hours or so trying to figure out the problem.  I finally did what I should have done in the 1st place and looked in here to see if anyone else was having the same problems and wow... within 2 minutes I had the answer.  You guys are amazing!!!  Tried changing the value in the registry from 4 to 3.. and that was all it took. 

Downloaded the latest seasons I didn't already have and spent the rest of the day playing games with the Milwaukee Braves against the New Your Yankees...  one of my favorite things in the world to do... and impossible to do without all the fantastic, wonderful, marvelous and amazing work that so many of you have contributed to this site.

Thank you again... and bless you all for the 100's of hours of joy I have had because of all you have done!!

GR

• 9 months later...

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here, but firstly I wanted to say how exciting this is to see the game still heavily alive! I put so many hours into it on consoles and still play it frequently. I happened to get lucky and stumble across a PC version at a thrift store today and super stoked to go home and install it. I knew I'd run into problems with the installation since it's such an old game, but I was wondering if someone could help me get it to work.

I followed the instructions on other threads, and through the rabbit hole stumbled across this one and tried the directions in post #2 using all variations still having no luck. I've cleaned install multiple times as well with nothing else but the last patch installed. Every time I try running the game, I get a message to log in with administrative privileges, and when I do that, the game still doesn't boot up. I'm running a 64 bit version of Windows 10 with the very latest Anniversary update that came out the other day. If someone could give a suggestion on what I could try next, I'd greatly appreciate it. It would be fun to experience this with the MVP 2015 mod! Thank you for your help!

The problem is with Windows 10.  Check that thread out for the conversation had about it.  My 2c continues being install another HDD  to your PC, install W XP or 7 and run it from there.  I still haven't heard of a consistent, solid W10 workaround as of yet.

The problem is with Windows 10.  Check that thread out for the conversation had about it.  My 2c continues being install another HDD  to your PC, install W XP or 7 and run it from there.  I still haven't heard of a consistent, solid W10 workaround as of yet.

I have another tower with Windows 7 installed that I'll try my luck on! Thank you for the response, Legend!

• 6 months later...

Fellas,

I am at my wit's end.  I finally got MVP 2005 and purchased Windows 10 to upgrade from 8, using VMWare (I have a Mac).  After fooling with that for hours, I bought Windows 7.  After hours of hiccups, I FINALLY get loaded in.  But now, all that happens is that the game is in demo mode and goes super fast.  It won't allow me to go to the home screen.  I have been messing with this for days.  Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Archived