Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Gordo

MVP not starting after Windows 7 9-8-15 Updates

Human Stain...now that's a guy that's gonna go places. Certainly a draft pick to watch

Just as long as you have some towels nearby. :D

Human Stain...now that's a guy that's gonna go places. Certainly a draft pick to watch

I'm informing my scouts to keep a close eye on him. But there is word he may have trouble with the curve.

On a serious note, this is why I have stuck with XP for so long. Not knocking new OSs, but it always seems like the more they update them, the more problems they cause for older games. But also on that note, BRAVO gentlemen. Bravo! Well done solving this issue.

Edited by Slydude3129

Human Stain is the name of an original song one of my metal bands performs. I just liked it for a moniker. Yes, be sure to track this guy closely...ha ha...

I have another machine with XP on it, but the video card is junk, so....until I update that I am stuck on Windows 7. Everything is working well now and once again thanks for the great information found here. Batters Up!!!

If all you need for your XP machine is a decent vid card, you should be able to find a pretty good 4 GB card on ebay for $20 or so.

If all you need for your XP machine is a decent vid card, you should be able to find a pretty good 4 GB card on ebay for $20 or so.

I definitely recommend...THE POCKET ROCKET, THE NVIDIA GTX 750Ti, which requires NO ADDITIONAL POWER

sTitYa3.jpg

KC...how would one know that that is compatible with their system.  Aren't there certain motherboard and power supply requirements?

the 750 ti would be overkill for mvp, especially on an xp machine but it's the best that doesn't require power.  not all video cards need a power supply to them.  you can pretty much use about any video card you find on craigslist for as little as $10 and it'll play mvp just fine.  just about any upgrade over onboard graphics will be more than enough for mvp on an xp build.

Edited by Homer

Hello!

I have a trouble.

maybe, this support is useful.

MVP BASEBALL did not start my PC suddenly either.

Similar Security Update is installed.

Should I delete this Security Update?

Or

What should I do?
Explained it in order; when give you it, is support.
My PC is Windows7.

access.png

security.png

I installed that culprit update and did the registry fix.  Confirming that Kyleb's choice "Type 2 to set the driver's service to automatic, and then click OK" is the one to use.  Rebooting the PC after making this registry change is key.

I would also backup your registry just in case.  You simply right click on "Computer" in the left hand column and select export.  I would suggest naming it something like the date of the backup and regbak or something like that.  It will save it as a reg file to whatever location you choose.

Hey there.  I came over from the other support thread.  I got the 2005 edition of the game to work, but it couldn't load my old owner mode in that.  Would that possibly be because I replaced it with the 2015 mod owner mode?  If so, how do I get the 2015 version to run.  Just to clarify for everyone else on this thread, I installed it in May or June and it's been working perfectly up until the other day.  I have the exact same problem as listed in this thread.

Edited by mrmiller
Missing necessary information

mrmiller.... check in your Documents section for the sub-folders for mvp2005 and eamods08.  I think the 2015 TC mod is pulling saves from the eamods08 folder and mvp2005 pulls from the other, so switch what you need.

I checked in both documents and program files, but I couldn't find those subfolders.  All of the MVP 15 files seem to be in the right place.  A new problem seems to be that the game crashes when I try to play anything.  I don't know if that's because I moved the files from 2005 into a separate folder elsewhere on my computer because of the addition of the mod.  

I did find save game data for MVP2005 in another folder outside of the general MVP Baseball folder.  I don't know if that helps or not.