MLB2K16

BSU-FAN

Greetings. I figured I would let everyone know since I have already been receiving questions about it, I have in fact began work on a roster for the 2016 season. The new schedule for next year is already complete and I will began working on other updates throughout the winter and into spring as time allows. My goal will be the same as in years past with having a version ready for release by or before opening day.

I have seen there is a new gear update as well as some other mods which is awesome to see! I would like to encourage any modders that are interested in helping with portraits or faces for 2016 season to use this thread to organize our efforts. I will attempt to help as much as possible by providing cyberface/portrait ID's for new or missing players that are not currently in the most recent version of this roster released for the total conversion mod. This should make things easier to keep rosters compatible with faces or portrait packs moving forward. 

I am sill not exactly sure how much time or effort I will be putting into this years roster, so things like updated stats through 2015 will be based on free my free time and energy. With the game naturally losing interest, my goal is to make it relevant for one more year so I personally have to have a good playable baseball sim on PC for 2016.

I am nearing the point where I will probably break down and buy a PS4 just for The Show but 2K12's gameplay and mechanics still gives me the best and most realistic playable baseball sim with very realistic numbers. My stats for last year after manually playing 162 games were the most realistic I have ever seen...ALL manually generated stats were within the realm of reality and possibility minus my pitching staffs total number of walks over the whole season. However the number I had this year was a big improvement from prior years and was not too far from the realm of possibilty. This is something I will be focused on attempting to fix with this years' pitching ratings. I will also be looking into increasing the overall ratings of pitchers in general as things like batting averages and runs scored for teams are coming out higher than those in real life MLB. I am hoping to see more no-hitters as well given the fact we saw 7 last year alone in real life.   

Anything you are wanting to see included in this years' roster can be requested in this thread and I will do what I can to include or at the very least consider the recommendation. Also. if anyone can post information here on things like minor league team name changes or affiliation changes I would be more than appreciative as that would free up more of my time to edit other things. 

Thanks again for everyone's work and support to update MLB2K12.

Happy Holidays baseball fans!

-BsuFan

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see your going to work on the updates. I love MLB2K12 I think the graphics and game play are as realistic that we can get on pc. If we don't keep this going we won't have any game to play. Not really interested in buying a console just to play games. After a few years they become obsolete too because they want you to buy a new one . Its just a vicious cycle. So thanks again BSU-FAN for all your time and effort to keep this alive along with all the other modders on this site. Can't wait till April to PLAY BALL !! And GO TRIBE.

On 21/12/2015 at 2:09 AM, BSU-FAN said:

Greetings. I figured I would let everyone know since I have already been receiving questions about it, I have in fact began work on a roster for the 2016 season. The new schedule for next year is already complete and I will began working on other updates throughout the winter and into spring as time allows. My goal will be the same as in years past with having a version ready for release by or before opening day.

That's great news! Thank you for your efforts. Also an opening day roster is what most sports videogames come with out of the box, before any update is made, so that would be perfect to begin a franchise with.

About the Show: okay, it may be all pretty and stuff, but it doesn't have the heart and soul that we poured into 2K12 so, for me, it will always come after 2K12 :) 

3 hours ago, aceshigh said:

That's great news! Thank you for your efforts. Also an opening day roster is what most sports videogames come with out of the box, before any update is made, so that would be perfect to begin a franchise with.

About the Show: okay, it may be all pretty and stuff, but it doesn't have the heart and soul that we poured into 2K12 so, for me, it will always come after 2K12 :) 

You'd be surprised how the "Show faithful" were responding to seeing this game in it's modded form. A lot of people were pretty into it when I broadcasted this weekend.

greetings to the entire community and especially BSufan, thanking much time and effort which devotes working with the roster. I wonder if released at the same time the file roster of the franchise for the 2016 season.
I am currently working on a new cyberfaces for our 2k16, when to have ready I will go up. all together we can continue to give long life to MLB 2k12, thank you very much and blessings to all. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so now we are about a month out from pitchers and catchers reporting.  Yea!  Definitely getting the modding itch again.  I now have the style guides for the Syracuse Chiefs, Louisiville Bats, Norfolk Tides, and Yard Goats all of which need updated.  MLB has yet to update their new style guide pages for the major leagues.  When they do all I know is the Diamondback jerseys are going to be a royal pain in the ass to mod and to look at.  Padres will also need updated with sleeve logo tweaks for certain teams as more information becomes available.  Uni-watch usually publishes a great article on uniform changes at the beginning of the season.  2016 pressbox photos are usually taken the last week of February so hopefully I will have access to those shortly thereafter.  Looking forward to another year of modding!

Just chiming in to say thanks so much to the stellar modders that continue to do such great work.  The time and effort is so very appreciated!  ...and only true baseball minds could get it 'so right' each year.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Also, where do I put those .dds files you included with the 2016 titlepage stuff?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 2:35 AM, AltruiSisu said:

Just chiming in to say thanks so much to the stellar modders that continue to do such great work.  The time and effort is so very appreciated!  ...and only true baseball minds could get it 'so right' each year.

Also, where do I put those .dds files you included with the 2016 titlepage stuff?

I, too, would like to know where to put the .dds files.  Thanks.

On 1/16/2016 at 3:35 AM, AltruiSisu said:

13 minutes ago, tomk30816 said:

I, too, would like to know where to put the .dds files.  Thanks.

In the MLB2K12 general forum there is a  thread called Modding MLB2K12 Faq. There you will learn what to do.

Archived