MVP Baseball Monitor Resolution Recommendation

dennisjames71

Hey All,

I wanted to chime in with a possible solution to the crashing/monitor resolution issues that were discussed in regards to a recent Total Classics release.  This also applies to all installations for MVP Baseball however.

My personal story/solution started last Spring (in 2015) when I upgraded my PC monitors to a pair of 27" Samsung 2K Monitors.  I do everything from music editing, mixing, graphic arts work, and gaming with my main PC.  After I upgraded my monitors, I discovered that every single one of my MVP Baseball installs (which includes all of the Total Classics, the Modern Mods, The Asia Series, and the MVP Caribe games) were crashing all over the place.  The crashes would occur in varied stages of the games, the beginning of the 1st inning, the middle of the 3rd inning, of right before 1st pitch, et al.  It was maddening that all these installs that worked previously with my older 1080p monitors worked fine.  Current-gen PC games like the Call of Duty games and (at the time) NBA 2K15 worked perfectly fine with the new 2K monitors but all of the MVP Baseball games would crash.

Last Spring, KCcitystar posted a link for the 4gb patch:  http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Simply put, this patch which modifies your existing mvp2005.EXE file, SOLVED MY PROBLEM.  After applying that patch and the related .EXE file to my numerous MVP Baseball installations...every single one of them worked with ZERO crashes.  I am convinced that this extra "buffer memory" that is applied to the .EXE prevents crashes due to mods or resolution changes of any sort.  I typically play the MVP Baseball games at 1920 x 1200 as a personal choice and it's perfect to me.  

I highly recommend to use this patch if any user is having these resolution-based crashes with their game or any of the modifications.

I hope this info helps.

DENNIS

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2016 at 6:15 PM, dennisjames71 said:

Hey All,

I wanted to chime in with a possible solution to the crashing/monitor resolution issues that were discussed in regards to a recent Total Classics release.  This also applies to all installations for MVP Baseball however.

My personal story/solution started last Spring (in 2015) when I upgraded my PC monitors to a pair of 27" Samsung 2K Monitors.  I do everything from music editing, mixing, graphic arts work, and gaming with my main PC.  After I upgraded my monitors, I discovered that every single one of my MVP Baseball installs (which includes all of the Total Classics, the Modern Mods, The Asia Series, and the MVP Caribe games) were crashing all over the place.  The crashes would occur in varied stages of the games, the beginning of the 1st inning, the middle of the 3rd inning, of right before 1st pitch, et al.  It was maddening that all these installs that worked previously with my older 1080p monitors worked fine.  Current-gen PC games like the Call of Duty games and (at the time) NBA 2K15 worked perfectly fine with the new 2K monitors but all of the MVP Baseball games would crash.

Last Spring, KCcitystar posted a link for the 4gb patch:  http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Simply put, this patch which modifies your existing mvp2005.EXE file, SOLVED MY PROBLEM.  After applying that patch and the related .EXE file to my numerous MVP Baseball installations...every single one of them worked with ZERO crashes.  I am convinced that this extra "buffer memory" that is applied to the .EXE prevents crashes due to mods or resolution changes of any sort.  I typically play the MVP Baseball games at 1920 x 1200 as a personal choice and it's perfect to me.  

I highly recommend to use this patch if any user is having these resolution-based crashes with their game or any of the modifications.

I hope this info helps.

DENNIS

How do you play the game at 1920 x 1200? I do not see that option in game.

On 4/27/2016 at 6:24 PM, Homer said:

Remember though it just takes your game and stretches it.  It doesn't actually enable that resolution because it's hard coded in the game...unless of course someone cracked that problem and I missed it.

All the resolution patch does is increase the resolution the game is rendered in, not exactly give it a 16:9 resolution