Classic 2K Rosters

WithAuthority

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the latest;

1) This one has the ratings basically where we want them to create rosters with some sort of accuracy compared to 2k's rating method.

2) My next post likely will be a roster file for you to look at in REDitorII to get a feel for whats what and I will provide instructions on what needs to be done manually to get the roster working in-game. Things like assigning players to team's rosters is the main thing. I have some ideas on how to do this automatically but that could take some time for me to implement, so I will upload the file without it implemented, so with some manual intervention we can actually load the file in-game and make it playable.

MLB2K12 Ratings Generator v50.rar

that great, but don't fortget the working roster to work y need an schedule too. lol

i suggest for now for testing and stable reasons the 2012 one. 

Here is the first roster loadable in-game.

It's the 2015 season. You can load the roster file in-game and it is playable in exhibition and franchise modes. All crashes seemed to be ironed out with this file.

I did not finish assigning all the players yet to teams, but got most of the players I think. You can do that too in-game if you want to play with the roster.

I will explain instructions in another update. Once you get the hang of it, doesn't take too long to create a roster now.

I will be doing further enhancements, checking for bugs, and tuning ratings.

Please let me know what you think.

MLB2K12 RGv53.rar

No problem. It's fun.

Here's another file based on the 1964 season. I'm using this to test older seasons in franchise mode.

Only assigned some of the players to the correct team. The rest can be assigned to the correct teams in-game.

I'm streamlining the process of assigning players to teams. More work to do. Not including portraits and cyberfaces, when done with that should be able to create a season in about 2 hours or less.

All other players not including the MLB players from the particular season are generic. All players have generic or Create-a-player appearances that can be adjusted (except for faces..has to be done in REDitorII) in-game for MLB players.

Have to work on audio as well as some other things, etc.

Roster5TEST1964Bc.ROS

oops.

All players have generic or Create-a-player appearances that can be adjusted in-game (except for faces..has to be done in REDitorII for MLB players.)

Here's an updated 1964 file with players on the correct teams. Assigning players to teams has been made easier. I have noticed all crashes so far have been related to mis-assigning players to teams.

Will still crash once in awhile when simulating in franchise mode. Haven't narrowed the fix down yet.

Played some games kinda fun!

Roster5TEST1964D.ROS

These are the latest versions of the excel file. One with 2015 stats and the other with 1964 stats. Made a worksheet in each so assigning players to teams was more organized.

Will continue to work on some easy to follow instructions and layout.

Will at some point in the near future work on importing current stats, like 2016 stats.

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator 2015 v55.xlsx

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator 1964 v54.xlsx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it has been awhile with an update. working on releasing seasons. made progress to the point where creating rosters is pretty easy. if you have access, excel and reditor you can use these files to create seasons ( and individual players) yourself if you want. i will have to provide some better instructions when i get some time.

this is currently using the lahman database to load stats. i will make some efforts to start loading current season stats (baseball-reference, fangraphs).

i will post some samples seasons (1998, 2008, 2015) that are playable in exhibition and franchise modes. no crashes that i have seen with current testing.

samples

Roster2MLB1998.ROS

Roster2MLB2008.ROS

Roster2MLB2015.ROS

note i didn't alter player appearences in these samples. but they are ready to plug in cyberfaces and portraits if someone wants to tackle that.

i'm always tweaking the rating formulas but these are pretty on target with a few more tweaks needed.

it has been awhile with an update. working on releasing seasons. made progress to the point where creating rosters is pretty easy. if you have access, excel and reditor you can use these files to create seasons ( and individual players) yourself if you want. i will have to provide some better instructions when i get some time.

this is currently using the lahman database to load stats. i will make some efforts to start loading current season stats (baseball-reference, fangraphs).

i will post some samples seasons (1998, 2008, 2015) that are playable in exhibition and franchise modes. no crashes that i have seen with current testing.

samples

Roster2MLB1998.ROS

Roster2MLB2008.ROS

Roster2MLB2015.ROS

note i didn't alter player appearences in these samples. but they are ready to plug in cyberfaces and portraits if someone wants to tackle that.

i'm always tweaking the rating formulas but these are pretty on target with a few more tweaks needed.

Thanks so much for this. Can you PLEASE post MLB 1999, and 2000? The cyberfaces and uniforms are being created, but we need a roster to plug them into!

braves.JPG

your welcome! no problem.

here you go.... with some other samples.

i intend to refine these rosters at some point.

The 1927 roster will crash if you try to adjust the lineups for teams that didn't exist that year. That is being fixed. As of now, for years prior to 1998 the teams that didn't exist for the given year are left in the roster with fictional players. Working on refining the years prior to 1998; to see what is playable, etc. in franchise mode.

Roster2MLB1999.ROS

Roster2MLB2000.ROS

Roster1MLB1927.ROS

Roster1MLB1978.ROS

your welcome! no problem.

here you go.... with some other samples.

i intend to refine these rosters at some point.

The 1927 roster will crash if you try to adjust the lineups for teams that didn't exist that year. That is being fixed. As of now, for years prior to 1998 the teams that didn't exist for the given year are left in the roster with fictional players. Working on refining the years prior to 1998; to see what is playable, etc. in franchise mode.

Roster2MLB1999.ROS

Roster2MLB2000.ROS

Roster1MLB1927.ROS

Roster1MLB1978.ROS

Thank you! What we are working on right now is 1999. What in your view needs refining most?

your welcome!

the ratings i think need refining thou they are pretty close to where i think they should be.  i think that will require playing the game to see results.

the ratings can be updated anytime, even after you plug in portraits and cyberfaces. Just copying and pasting from excel into reditor will likely be enough to update them. i can do that if you send me the file or i could tell you how to that. i will release all the files to do it after some more work on them.

your welcome!

the ratings i think need refining thou they are pretty close to where i think they should be.  i think that will require playing the game to see results.

the ratings can be updated anytime, even after you plug in portraits and cyberfaces. Just copying and pasting from excel into reditor will likely be enough to update them. i can do that if you send me the file or i could tell you how to that. i will release all the files to do it after some more work on them.

Great. I am obviously planning on working on the rosters for the 1999 mod, but I was just wondering whether or not I should start now on that roster, or let you 'refine' it as you said ,and then get started. The best way to test the accuracy of the ratings is through simming seasons in season mode, and comparing the results. Either way this helps a ton

i think you could start with that one. wait about 2 weeks and i should have gone through most of any changes to the ratings. any changes will be of the minor variety (example might slightly adjust the contact rating, etc.). we can just copy my changes into your roster. if you have reditor takes about 5 minutes to copy over.

Archived