Classic 2K Rosters

WithAuthority

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doing some play testing. gameplay is going well and do not see any major issues for exhibition or franchise mode. fixed a bunch of things, like left vs right, etc.

not sure when i will release 1998; i am deciding that on a day to day basis now.

i

unfortunately i believe reditor ii doesn't support 2k10 so there's no way to import the data into the game without major work.

the excel file though can be translated into mlb2k11 or mvp.

i've identified the last few modifications i need to make and then we are ready to roll. not exactly sure how long it will take me but shouldn't be too long...a matter of days versus weeks. the wait should be worth it in terms of gameplay and the ability to generate rosters pretty rapidly, minus portraits, etc.

the ones i posted yesterday (v2) are updated. that should be it for any major changes.

the main fix was players that played for more than one team did not have the stats calculated correctly.

fixed a few other minor things...among them appearance related...batting stances, pitching motions i made generic.

the way random players are generated needed to be fixed up a bit.

i added some extra uniform slots to the roster file. if you want to put unis in for 1998, etc. you can put them in without over-writing any existing unis.

i might want to work a little more on how lineups and pitching staffs are calculated, though they are ok now.

i am checking into the audio side of things. right now i turn off commentary because the game uses some audio in-game based on what the player ID is (I think) and i have not been able to work around that issue except for turning the announcers off.

another issue is the inside edge stuff. not sure we can do anything about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

getting for another release of rosters. should be next week some time.

think i have all the calculations where I feel "good" about them. addressed the following main issues:

1) Default pitch velocity, movement, and control ratings are calculated more accurately.

2) Secondary fielding positions are calculated more accurately

As a side task i've started to make some retro unis for these rosters.

Thanks for this it's great. :)  Few questions.

Wondering about player stats I'm not seeing any show up in the rosters?  Do we need to import them ourselves or am I doing something wrong here? Using Reditor by the way.   Also I did read the write up in the mlb 2k12 ratings calulator v26 but can't quite figure out how to use the modified lahman access. :(    I'm also trying to use this on xbox360 seems to be working so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks no problem.

I cleared out the stats for testing purposes. I could add them back at later point. It would be nice.

I will give you some better instructions, especially since i revamped a lot of the calculations. Pitching, fielding and hitting based on some research I did/others have done with real baseball statistics. Much better calculations. Almost done re-vamping it. Hoping this week ot be done.

I will re-release seasons and some old-time uniforms to go with the re-release of the calculator.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/3/24 at 7:36 AM, bdolan33 said:

Cyberfaces are about halfway done. Another 15 or so teams remaining. It's amazing progress considering only ONE person is working on them.

thankyou so much i still working it 

thanks to all!

tidying the excel file up. finished the nuts and bolts of the calculations (framework of the calculator); now into play-testing some more to verify play results; almost done with doing that.

After that i will write some instructions/notes and release the new calculator( excel, access files) and a set of seasons.

I will get into what other "features" can be added later, like importing more current stats.

i ask someone to help ball parks they answer is  :                                                                                                                                                                           { I cannot unfortunately. At least not at the moment.  Also there are too many restrictions with what can be done with the stadiums to make it worthwhile to begin with.  You can't Change wall dimensions or change lights in any stadium. All those mods just replace all the textures. just like we are doing with the 2k17 mod. just takes time. no one is changing stadium architecture really. but I did to make suntrust. look:} god how can we make classic ballparks this classic mod is hard to be done

• 2 weeks later...

reviewing fielding ratings and after that ready to roll.

because of work etc. i can't say if it will take me a day or a week or two, but that is the last step before releasing the calculator and lahman import files for anyone who wants them.

I will also create the 2016, 1998, 1999 and 2000 seasons upon release.

My plan after that is to release other seasons and some uniforms as time goes on.

Creating new rosters is pretty much a quick process now as long as the imported stats are there.

I would like to alter this to import other leagues, minors, etc. as time goes on. I will explain also how this all works and it is open source so anyone can modify it anyway they choose. Possibilities are interesting.

Having fun play-testing :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, jack805td said:

reviewing fielding ratings and after that ready to roll.

because of work etc. i can't say if it will take me a day or a week or two, but that is the last step before releasing the calculator and lahman import files for anyone who wants them.

I will also create the 2016, 1998, 1999 and 2000 seasons upon release.

My plan after that is to release other seasons and some uniforms as time goes on.

Creating new rosters is pretty much a quick process now as long as the imported stats are there.

I would like to alter this to import other leagues, minors, etc. as time goes on. I will explain also how this all works and it is open source so anyone can modify it anyway they choose. Possibilities are interesting.

Having fun play-testing :)

Thanks so much for your work, the more rosters we have to plug in all of these classic cyberfaces and uniforms the better :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived