Classic 2K Rosters

WithAuthority

No problem. It's fun!

I'm ready to post the finished files. Yea. The excel ratings calculator, access files and some seasons for starters. I made many adjustments and like the results.

I created some uniforms to go with some of the older seasons. I also downloaded some unis from this site and added them into the rosters.

Question(s)- ? Can I upload the unis that I didn't create (downloaded ones) and post them with season files, without asking permission from all of the authors. Can I just a general mention of thanks?

it would be easier to just attach them as they are already entered into the rosters and ready to go.

Thanks

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jack805td said:

Question(s)- ? Can I upload the unis that I didn't create (downloaded ones) and post them with season files, without asking permission from all of the authors. Can I just a general mention of thanks?

From a personal point of view, I think if anyone wanted to use my work that I uploaded here, I would have nothing against it, but a message asking for permission won't hurt anyone. I'm sure the answer will be positive nonentheless though, it's just the way I'd do it. :good:

• 4 weeks later...

Just added the latest files. Next time i will try to post them all together. There are 6 files to download. One is unis, the other is the excel calculator, another the rosters (2016, 2015 and 1998 in this version.. more to come), and the other 3 to use with the access file to generate stats for the excel file.

Stat replays i am pleased with. For difficulty sliders i set them all at 50 except for base running speed which is currently at 95 for user and cpu.

Here's the latest:

Attached are unis i created/modified/ or asked permission of the creators to use with the rosters. (Credits to DonSpa, Umachines, mcoll86, raidersbball 20 and the others). Hope i didn't forget anyone or anything.

I will add seasons as i create them. Enjoy.

I remember reading some about the Anticipation edits but don't remember what it all was about. We can look at that. I would like to discuss that.

Thanks for that link. I actually started to do that with calculations but did not implement it. I forget all my reasons for that and will look at that again and we can talk about that since any input i get helps.

As it sits now, most of the ratings are on a 50 to 100 scale, though some can drop lower than that.

Currently, they are based more on totals that averages. Example, a guy had 200 hits who hit .275 will get a higher rating that a guy with 100 hits who averaged .300

I did all kinds of variations on making ratings, and came to the conclusion, based on how the game is designed, that this was the best way for now.

I do know there are areas for improvement. Example, Pitch speeds are based on the games defaults for pitch speeds and are tied into SO/BF. I think that could be adjusted more.

If you want, you can poke around in the excel file and see how the player formulas are calculated. To get rid of the clutter of navigating too many worksheets, i hid some of them. If you left click on a worksheet and then select unhide, you get a list of

the hidden ones. The one called "Player formulas" is where most of the calculations are done. I tried to set this worksheet up so it would be easy to tinker around with the ratings.

I will be updating the file descriptions etc, I need to take some time to learn more on how to best post the files and write the descriptions on the website.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm working on updating the files, with 2017 stats. Also, working on figuring a way to import current/other stats besides just lahman. Doing this when I have time, so it might take me the winter to sort thru all of this. I should have 2017 rosters up soon (December sometime)

Hope you enjoy.

• 2 months later...

I've been updating the rosters and excel files. Not ready to release anything yet. In a couple of weeks I will release the rosters and maybe some other items.

1) Did a 2017 roster. I was able to import 2017 stats into my access group of files and the excel calculator.

2) Working on importing "current" stats from Baseball Reference.com. The goal is to be able to update the rosters as the season is progressing along. This needs some thought/work on my part.

3) Working on importing minor league players into the excel file/rosters. This needs some thought/work on my part.

4) Adding more seasons and updating some others.

5) Note these do not have any portraits or cyberfaces assigned. Someone else would have to work on that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 1:54 PM, jack805td said:

I've been updating the rosters and excel files. Not ready to release anything yet. In a couple of weeks I will release the rosters and maybe some other items.

1) Did a 2017 roster. I was able to import 2017 stats into my access group of files and the excel calculator.

2) Working on importing "current" stats from Baseball Reference.com. The goal is to be able to update the rosters as the season is progressing along. This needs some thought/work on my part.

3) Working on importing minor league players into the excel file/rosters. This needs some thought/work on my part.

4) Adding more seasons and updating some others.

5) Note these do not have any portraits or cyberfaces assigned. Someone else would have to work on that.

Hey Jack, anything new? We have hundreds of 1998-1999 era cyberfaces done for a roster mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived