HELP!!!,MVP Baseball won't open

xXTheBallGamerXx

For some reason, MVP does not work with DirectX 11.  Others have had this issue as well when running on Windows 7 with DirectX 11.  Some have been able to get it working by downloading and reinstalling DirectX 9 but others have not.  Try searching the Forums with the term "DirectX" and see if you can find any answers.

3 hours ago, xXTheBallGamerXx said:

But,EAsyInfo.exe says that DirectX is ok('Cause on the directx part says pass)

don't believe me? take a look at the screenshot

EAsyInfoscrnsht.png

I never said that your DirectX wasn't OK.  What I said was that you're not the first person to report problems running MVP2005 with DirectX 11.

Don't believe me?  Search the forums with the term "directx"  I just did and found plenty of posts from people reporting the same problem you did.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

I never said that your DirectX wasn't OK.  What I said was that you're not the first person to report problems running MVP2005 with DirectX 11.

Don't believe me?  Search the forums with the term "directx"  I just did and found plenty of posts from people reporting the same problem you did.

McCoy.thumb.jpg.7560cda73daa71bf2f14cd47

just for the record to the original poster... this is a outdated game.  even though you would think that the new updates to certain drivers, os, etc would be compatible with an older game, this is sometimes not the case.  many problems can be ran into because when they test this game out and patch things, they didn't test it with these new updates like directx 11.  if the game was still supported, maybe we would see a patch come out. because it isnt though, bugs and problems are more likely to be ran into.

• 6 years later...

Since MVP 2005 is so highly rated and still sold for a goodly price, why hasn't an updated version been produced so that it can be played on current computer programs?  There are several playing options in that game that have never been offered in more "modern" games.  Thanks.

It is because 2KSports was awarded the MLB license in 2006.  This meant that EA Sports could no longer produce a baseball game using the names or likenesses of actual major league players. They did produce an NCAA college game in 2006 but moved on from baseball games after that. By the time the MLB license was available again, they had no interest in creating another game. 

Plus, with the increase in console users, games like The Show became more popular.