MLB 16 The Show Impressions

zzcoolj21

This year is my first year ever playing The Show series and i have to say...the game is flat out awesome. Since i have no other Show games to compare it to, it makes it easier for me to love what it has to offer whereas someone who has been playing the series for a while may think its gone stale or whatever. Im having a VERY realistic season so far as the Braves because i sit at 13-30. My offensive numbers are putrid and my pitching staff is very inco sistant outside of Julio Teheran. I just fired Fredi Gonzalez lol. All in all im loving it. If onpy they had a PC version...man!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year is my first year ever playing The Show series and i have to say...the game is flat out awesome. Since i have no other Show games to compare it to, it makes it easier for me to love what it has to offer whereas someone who has been playing the series for a while may think its gone stale or whatever. Im having a VERY realistic season so far as the Braves because i sit at 13-30. My offensive numbers are putrid and my pitching staff is very inco sistant outside of Julio Teheran. I just fired Fredi Gonzalez lol. All in all im loving it. If onpy they had a PC version...man!!!

Ya...this is exactly what keeps me from trying it again...those past versions.  However, in light of what you're saying maybe I'll wait until the price comes down later on and give it a whirl on the PS3 for $20 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else that plays the show think they went a bit overboard with Errors? Seems like they have a ton of them in this game. Really the one thing I kind of don't like 

Yes! And CPU baserunning AI is bizarre too. And then on top of that, tagging players on the basepaths can be weird too - I'll throw a guy out by a literal mile but miss the tag, apparently.

I will definitely say that baserunning...along with playing the field manually has been the biggest adjustments for me. I know i have lost several games or left men on base because of baserunning. Playing the outfield has been an adjustment because i have taken wrong angles or overun balls...also depending on the fielder ratings the window is smaller for a player being in position. As for errors, i havent had a real issue with them...other that the occasional Chuck Knoblock airmail into the dugout or 1st base seats lol.

Just tried out the Show 16 after a long hiatus. Last one i played was MLB 08!!! is it just me or are pitchers getting hit by linedrives to the mound a little too much? Also strange errors like outfielders dropping balls. seems to be only occassional though, but they come in flurries - in one game both my corner outfielders dropped balls. 

The baserunning is also a little frustrating, but i think they tried to make it more of a challenge. so used to MVP where the lead runner will score or hold up automatically but you really have to judge the  batted balls in this game. 

Game looks great (except for the last gen looking faces. ), just wish there was a way to save screenshots without uploading it on stupid facebook and twitter. the resolution also gets diminished with that

• 1 month later...

I still prefer 2K baseball. Sure, its playing the same game since 2012, but hey, so is MLB the Show essentially. And I didn't like it all that much then either.

Just curious, how do you feel about Mvp 2005? I've been playing different versions of that game for eleven years now (total conversion mods, etc) and I am still very happy with that.

Just curious, how do you feel about Mvp 2005? I've been playing different versions of that game for eleven years now (total conversion mods, etc) and I am still very happy with that.

I don't really mind playing the same game for years, because I like to switch it up with a variety of different mods and rosters. But if not for mods I would have stopped playing it long ago. I loved MVP when it first came out, played it for a few years then I left it. Then I came back to it on PC. Then i moved on to MLB 2K primarily. MVP still has that enjoyable game play, but at the same time MVP is too quick for me, the batter/pitcher duel, the presentation, everything feels rushed, and theres no tweaks to get around that. It doesn't capture the pace of baseball like more sim games did years later. If MLB 2K had classic rosters the way MVP does (im still hopeful) there would be no reason for me to play anything else. I prefer 2k, MVP, All Star Baseball, and MLB The Show in that order. Even though they make a new version of  the show every year, I feel as though I've been playing that same game for longer than MVP because its so similar every year. It's really hard for me to get any more freshness out of MVP. I can only imagine how many games you've completed in 11 years, probably hundreds more than me, thats crazy.

I understand what you mean. And playing the game that you enjoy the most just makes sense. The games I play are Mvp '05, Tony Larussa II (old game but still is fun) Hardball 5, the High Heat series and All-Star Baseball on the original X-box.

As for the amount of games I have played on Mvp I couldn't even take a guess. Even after eleven years I still enjoy it and that's all that matters. :)

• 7 months later...
Just now, Kccitystar said:

We don't provide cracks or serial activations. This is not the site or the community for that.

Nor in private message

ok

I like how that's not even the right game.

Well while I'm here. I never realized how limited hit variety is in 16 until I saw the new 17 gameplay. Line drives really had no backspin as they all basically landed in the same spots and didn't stay at their peak for very long. 

Also they're finally working on body types.

Plus, they fixed Lindor who had one of the worst faces in last years game.

66c34038a5d8addf4e2dc2b85c76218d.png668ebef180b9abfcfea5b7d2b0600c00.png

So all in all, some very large improvements made.

Archived