Will MVP 2005 work on Windows 8?

Owen Greaves

I am running on Windows 8.1 and have had no problems with the game itself. I didn't like the full screen stretch so I was able to tweak my video card to use the normal screen size for the game. It works nicely! I have had a few problems with some of the MVP 2005 tools such as the MVP 2005 roster editor. I got it sorted out by running the Windows compatibility check and now everything seems to be just fine. By the way, my last computer was about 10 years old and was running XP. The new machine allows me to run with better quality graphics options and the game works smoothly. Hell, I might be able to use 2X uniforms from now on!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Updating to 10 would not be the solution as there are numerous people having more trouble with 10 v 8 v 7.  Also, W10 still has plenty of bugs and if one works from home on their PC, many companies do not yet support 10.  Being free doesn't necessarily make it preferable at this stage.  I have tried it and I do like 10 for other reasons already stated around this site, but for older games, it seems less than compatible right now.

5 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:
5 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

Bridgette,

I sent you my modded EXE for the game with the 4gb patch applied, on FB.  Give that a try because I was able to get MVP 15 and any of the Total Classics mods to work on a Windows 8.1 laptop with no problems/crashes.

Any idea if this works for windows 10?

• 2 weeks later...

baesw.... not sure what you're saying but it doesn't help anyone.

As far as the search feature.....that's all well and good, but like any search feature it's gonna be limited when you include a single number like 8, or 7, or 10, etc.   This is why we should merge existing threads under one umbrella for a given operating system and why starting a new thread about the same thing shouldn't be supported and that poster reinforced for fear of looking like a "meanie" or some such nonsense.