Pitches turning yellow then red?

sask3m

32 minutes ago, SeaTrane said:

are you using the Korean rosters? Mine turns red pretty quickly using their rosters.

No but this this has been a problem for some time and I had remembered reading about giving pitchers an extra pitch or something to help with the issue but can't remember for sure.  It could have been a bug in the game using 2k's rosters.

Yeah I know it was a feature of the game for that reason but only certain players had this bug that caused the icon to go red after one or two pitches.

I think it was just a few pitchers that had this bug, Darvish was one and Drew Smyly was another.

• 3 months later...

The secret here is to edit your franchise pitchers to have 5 pitch types or minimum 4. I have done this for years now. As soon as I got BSU-FANs latest roster/franchise I did mine. There are a lot of stat tracking websites now on the internet to use, and just because a pitcher didn't throw a single curve ball last year in the majors doesn't mean he never threw one. Also be creative with out cheating too much, a four seam fastball, a two fingered and a cut fastball are all similar.

Another trick is what I did with R A Dickey, he has two very different speeds for his knuckle-ball, so I gave him a 80 KB, and a 65-70 knuckle-ball curve. When you see some of the stat tracker websites it will give you a better idea. Besides no one says that the extra pitches you create will be anything to bet your next big league contract on. For Example; Lets say some guy threw a change-up one year at "Florida state academy for youth and military type people" a very well know and most prestigious institution of higher education... HA! OK lets say the sucker got tagged for a 3 run homer. But He did throw one, right ? So don't make it very good at all. Its just a 5th pitch to mix up during a game and you don't have to throw it all that often. You will find this will do wonders for those pitchers that turn red quickly and stay that way. Either that or you cant use them ! Simple right ? 

Hope this helps

brainy