MLB 2K12 Video Settings

Splash Durham

I just thought I'd throw a setup in that looks awesome and will actualy help with performance thanks to nvidias MFAA that is available with the 900 series cards and new 1080's. I have a 980ti so lower cards may have to back off quality but it's hardly using mine so it still may be alright with lower models, and I use v-sync and its completely smooth playing no tears no hiccups. Just so everyone knows my setup its a AMD 8350 clocked to 4.7 and my 980ti I left at total stock clock and is running game at 1189. Now on to settings. Set up baseball game itself like this. Turn v-snyc off in game your going to use inspectors v-sync settings and set your resolution like always ect. Now.. MSAA - OFF / MSAA Quality - N/A / Sideline Characters - High / Shader Quality - High / Anistropic Filter - OFF / Texture Quaiity - High / Shadow Quality - High / Particle Effects - On / Depth of Field - On.   MSAA & Anistropic Filter will be set by nvidia inspector wich I upped a jpg of for download, easier I figured than uploading the profile in case the person wanting this wasn't familiar with and doesn't know how to import the .nip profile file, so just make settings on inspector look just like my jpg file. NVIDIA Inspector Download version 1.9.7.6 can be downloaded from here...  http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html   I also use the dsr option and set my resolution to 3840 x 2160, u can set that from nvidia control panel on the driver settings itself, you'll have to do this before you set the resolution in game so it will show up in settings. I'm playing on my 55 inch plasma with v-sync on and refresh is 60Hz. The MSAA setting is actually doubled by using the MFAA option and gives better performance with better results so for instance I'm using 8xQ for setting in inspector but it cleans it up by looking like 16X, MFAA doubles whatever setting and get this I have FXAA on also can't even see a jagged edge on home plate its completely jagged free. It looks and plays so well It's crazy really looking at these settings but it works, and MFAA is only available on 980 and 1080. I swear if you try this it will work and you'll fall over. Also just for kicks I'll tell ya the Anistropic setting is at 16, its so sharp it hurts your eyes...lol  Enjoy guys, Splash

Nvidia Profile Inspector.JPG

I just wanted to give back for everything I've gotten from this site. Thanks everyone for everything, Splash

Thanks buddy. I will look into trying these settings. We have similar setups. I'm running the 8350 with the GTX 970.. My question is how the HELL did you clock your CPU to 4.7? I know it's a great OC CPU but I got mine to 4.2 stable but anything over that was a bit unstable. Probably my Northbridge...

I have no prob helping you out on that, what motherboard are you using?  I've got a ASRock 990FX Extreme 9 ... Good board but I hate how LLC is setup on this 1, gotta take voltage higher to account for voltage droop, also I'm running a water loop setup to keep temps down, and little fan keeping air over VRM's, nothing loud just enough to help out.  1.532 is my voltage set, but it basically runs at 1.48 give or take..  voltages are gonna depend, tell me your mother and I'll look up board and get ya started anyway,. but need cooling if you don't hold off till you do, I mean it will throttle when it gets to hot, it'll shutdown before it craps out, but no fun crashing when your playing because of heat. Northbridge [memory controller] is built in to the 8350.  CPU-NB is how its called in bios usually. Let me know, I'll check in tomorrow see what you want. My house has been 90 degree Farenhiet since my air broke lately, and Prime temps are bout 60-65 Celsius, gaming never go over 55c, so I'm cool ..lol. I can do 4.8 but not worth the heat only gain benching points nothing real world to notice.

Ya max temp on these are 70 celcius or they start to throttle and they have a funny temp sensor on them they don't read correct temp till they get to like 40 Celsius, ya really stupid but...... Your already there pretty much, gotta do a water loop if you want more. I wouldn't try without at least 1 of these.... https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Extreme-Performance-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B019955RNQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1467471822&sr=1-8&keywords=corsair+h100i    it's a easier setup than mine and a lot cheaper money wise, but it will work I'm gonna message you my email if you need help go ahead and get a hold of me I'd be more than happy to help over phone if needed that includes the video setup if needed bud.

Raiders, you have the board I should have got, you can really get voltage stable on yours. You have that extra 4 pin power plug, mine works does same thing really but you can keep voltage from bouncing and keeps temps down. Ya your 9590 should boost to 5.0 too I belive if you have it set up on auto. I've done mine manually got rid of power saving chit and unparked all the cores, firing on all 8 cylinders, lol. But just to answer you ya you can still go more, but more voltage and then your probably going to go over 1.55. Yes its over the max, you can do it as long as your not doing it 24/7. But like I say past 4.7 is really minimal you'll get more benching points, but in games its really not going to do much other than heat and voltage spikes.

Hey Raiders, did you ever check out ASUS's site? They had a tutorial on how to set up on a 8350 to run at 4.8, it's same setup as your 9590 same voltages will work. But you need that extra 4 pin power connect on, its up on top right side of the chip, just like left 8 pin but just 4, that gives it more stability. Don't know if you have yours hooked up, but that'll help too. You have the best board in my opinion for these chips.

Hey Raiders, did you ever check out ASUS's site? They had a tutorial on how to set up on a 8350 to run at 4.8, it's same setup as your 9590 same voltages will work. But you need that extra 4 pin power connect on, its up on top right side of the chip, just like left 8 pin but just 4, that gives it more stability. Don't know if you have yours hooked up, but that'll help too. You have the best board in my opinion for these chips.

Thanks for the info.  Ive had the cpu and mobo for about 2 years.  However recently im getting freezes possibly overheating? 

Ya overtime chip degrades a little too from overclock, you might have to bump voltage up a tad on cpu itself, also pushing ram a little to far or memory problems will cause freezes. I don't have much to go on bud, if you want put down setup and voltages basically the bios page with that info on it.

Also if you have voltages right it will still run even if hot, it will just throttle itself down with clocks to help it cool down. So temp doesn't really shut it down or freeze usually, most of the time for freeze it needs voltage on cpu. That's the best I can do for you without seeing your settings ect.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was always under the impression that triple buffering was only for OpenGL games, lol, well not true if you run games in fullscreen mode triple buffering does work with directX. So I plugged that into my setup and it does help keep frames up ect. and was more constant less fluctuating, now it played fine without but it did seem to make it more fluid? is the word I'm  looking for? Game bench FPS counter always reads 52 top for me but if I look at monitoring software it is running at 60 strong. Just thought I'd throw this in here just in case, I learned something new anyway. Peace Guys .... Splash

Well, I was always under the impression that triple buffering was only for OpenGL games, lol, well not true if you run games in fullscreen mode triple buffering does work with directX. So I plugged that into my setup and it does help keep frames up ect. and was more constant less fluctuating, now it played fine without but it did seem to make it more fluid? is the word I'm  looking for? Game bench FPS counter always reads 52 top for me but if I look at monitoring software it is running at 60 strong. Just thought I'd throw this in here just in case, I learned something new anyway. Peace Guys .... Splash

I noticed much better frame rates while using triple buffering on GTA V

OK, here is a couple quickies. I haven't done this in a while and I haven't really messed with cameras in the game, so these are just some simple quickies for now, I'll work on some better ones. For some reason my screenshot key isn't working so I had to use fraps, and free version only saves in bmp. I suck at doing this been a while. There at my screen resolution 3840 x 2160.

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-15-38-32.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-16-20-65.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-16-25-89.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-16-48-29.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-16-49-93.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-07-16 12-17-24-63.bmp

I'll work on some better ones.

OK, heres some more. You know I didn't even try to go higher with quality, taking dogs for a walk then I'm gonna try jacking it up some more, see what happens, keep ya posted. I Don't have any overclock software in for my card at the moment or I could of used the RTSS to take shots of in jpg, dunno why my print screen key ain't working. Don't think I've ever tried with my wireless keyboard must be something with that.

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 1.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 2.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 3.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 4.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 5.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 6.bmp

mlb2k12 2016-NICE 7.bmp

Yes that's what I used, free version will only let you do in bmp. , stupid yes. I'll work on it, I've got some sites where I can get reg'd one prob. I just wanted to post a few for now. Hey KC, what setting did you use in inspector for ambient occlusion? I seen a post somewhere on here were you said you got it to work? Would like to try it out, back in hour dog's drivin' me nutts. 

I won't post anymore till I get it fixed up.

God I'm such an idiot, I could of just opened up then saved as jpg, lmao jezzz. Just to get out there starting in 2001, 3 back surgery's, cancer, 1 stroke, and arthritis, LMAO and I'm on crap load of pain meds. Ever since my stroke my memory is for chit, I'll remember couple minutes later, making me crazy but ... anyhow not looking for pity at all, just letting you know whats going on, mostly why I'm not trying to learn all this, real hard to sit down, read, comprehend, and remember chit. Anyhow I'll fix all this when I get back from walk, bear with me. 

Yes that's what I used, free version will only let you do in bmp. , stupid yes. I'll work on it, I've got some sites where I can get reg'd one prob. I just wanted to post a few for now. Hey KC, what setting did you use in inspector for ambient occlusion? I seen a post somewhere on here were you said you got it to work? Would like to try it out, back in hour dog's drivin' me nutts. 

I won't post anymore till I get it fixed up.

with Nvidia Inspector I set the Ambient Occlusion compatibility to Diablo 3, then scrolling down a bit I change the AO setting to high quality and the AO usage to Enabled