MVP 2005 Patch Issue Windows 8

terential

So I just recently bought a disc copy of mvp 2005.  I installed everything according to this sites instructions and the game works well.  However, after applying the patches once I hit the click to start menu the game speeds up X10.  It quickly goes to a mini game, and the only way i can even start the game is by holding escape and clicking simultaneously.  I'm not sure if it's one of the patches thats messing with the game or what.  The only update I really need to apply is the second since it fixes stuttering.  Any suggestions?

right click on the .exe file, change compatibility mode to XP3; also run as administrator.

Whats strange is running it without compatibility mode actually made it work.   Applied the 5th patch and it works fine, thanks for trying to help.

Edited by terential

• 6 months later...

I know, but I couldn't find anything else when I searched the "speeding up" issue.  Sorry, I am new to this whole thing and I am just so frustrated.  I also keep having different issues.

I have spent a lot of money and a few days trying to figure it out.  I tried installing Bootcamp and it partitioned 800 gigs of my hard drive and it's lost so now I am really panicked. 

Sorry if I am breaking rules - I don't want to upset anyone or be a nuisance.