2016-17 Rosters for Xbox

jollydodger

I just updated rosters for xbox, will save on memory card you send.  I don't have a modded xbox or anything, just old school uploading it on a card.  I'll do another update after free agents declare, and then again for opening day next year.

Instead of keeping it constantly updated, I'm just doing it a few times a year now.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

You can mail me a memory card.  

PO Box 1168

Pinon, AZ  86510

I don't know why a modded xbox matters or not, I'm really not knowledgeable with modding or action replay or any of that.  I have a normal old xbox and  normal old memory cards with normal old files.

A modded xbox takes the shipping cards back and forth out of the picture.  The Xbox is accessible through an FTP program on a computer.  You're then just transferring files.  The FTP program lets you see what's inside the Xbox like it would on your computer.  Not difficult at all.

• 1 month later...

Jollydodger,

I had a question about your Xbox rosters, but perhaps others on this thread may have a response too. I'm a baseball junkie, have played some professional ball and can't get enough of the sport. 

MVP Baseball 2005 is still my favorite baseball game to this day. The flow and feel of it has been hard pressed to be replaced even for The Show, in my opinion, which in it's own right is a great franchise as well.

As a result, I'm always on the lookout for updated roster files each year.

I can remember way back in the day I used to have an Action Replay for Xbox and could upload rosters onto it from a file I could download from my PC and load it onto the game.

On these updates rosters, for new players who may not have originally been on the game these rosters updated the blank generic screen for created players with the actual pictures of these players to the rosters in which they were added. For example, if Barry Bonds was on the particular roster I downloaded he would appear and his picture would actually be in the game too with their stats as a result.

With most updates available today, if you can find them, they typically update all rosters and ratings but don't have the capability to add updates to logos and pictures to the console versions.

Does your version have any of this and if not have you heard of anyone for Xbox or ps2 that has been able to create roster files that update any of the visuals for the guys within the game?

I appreciate your response and all of those on this thread that continue to keep this great game going whether it be PC or console. Thank you!

13 hours ago, TA42 said:

Jollydodger,

I had a question about your Xbox rosters, but perhaps others on this thread may have a response too. I'm a baseball junkie, have played some professional ball and can't get enough of the sport. 

MVP Baseball 2005 is still my favorite baseball game to this day. The flow and feel of it has been hard pressed to be replaced even for The Show, in my opinion, which in it's own right is a great franchise as well.

As a result, I'm always on the lookout for updated roster files each year.

I can remember way back in the day I used to have an Action Replay for Xbox and could upload rosters onto it from a file I could download from my PC and load it onto the game.

On these updates rosters, for new players who may not have originally been on the game these rosters updated the blank generic screen for created players with the actual pictures of these players to the rosters in which they were added. For example, if Barry Bonds was on the particular roster I downloaded he would appear and his picture would actually be in the game too with their stats as a result.

With most updates available today, if you can find them, they typically update all rosters and ratings but don't have the capability to add updates to logos and pictures to the console versions.

Does your version have any of this and if not have you heard of anyone for Xbox or ps2 that has been able to create roster files that update any of the visuals for the guys within the game?

I appreciate your response and all of those on this thread that continue to keep this great game going whether it be PC or console. Thank you!

I can try to let you know soon. I just sent a memory card off to him the other day, hopefully to get the newest roster update.  When it returns, if nobody else has already answered your question I'll take a look.  For me, with sending the card, I'm pretty sure whatever I get back will be the final update (w/pictures) given I don't have a modded xbox

RoyHobbs,

Thanks! Mwann1028 was going to confirm if jollydodger's rosters were updated rosters or updated rosters with some additional updates (pictures etc.)

it sounds like his rosters work only with a regular Xbox and from your response probably wouldn't be capable of having updates faces and pictures attached to the new rosters and players added to the game.

If I am following that all correctly, you are saying however, that these options can be possible with a modded Xbox and mvpedit via ftp from a Pc onto an AR card that would load it onto your modded Xbox.

A few more questions on this:

(1)-what is mvpedit? Is this a program to download online via a pc to manipulate MVP rosters within the game? If so is this a program that is readily available or only for certain MVP Modders?

(2)-Does mvpedit provide you with roster updates or is this tool a creation tool for the user and it is up to the user to update all 30 teams and players by roster?

(3)- is there anyone on this thread that possesses or updated rosters with pictures etc. for modded Xbox's? If so, I wouldn't mind this option, it would be much easier.

let me know if I'm still off base with some of these details. Again, much appreciated and very helpful!!

In curious about everything TA42 was asking about.  I have a couple questions as well.  So if it's a basic roster file it will not work on a modded Xbox? My version of Windows doesn't seem to work with my Xbox AR Max but I can always just FTP the file over though, correct?  Also, stadium updates , players with real pics, are these possible for the Xbox version ? Any help would be great man!  I'm new to MVMODS and I'm extreme fan of MVP 2005 for Xbox . I've been gettin PS2 Rosters past couple years , while these are ok, the game is still better on xbox

@Jbits so @jollydodger's post from Nov. '16 (above), as I interpreted it... is that the rosters he can download to other people's memory cards and send by mail is not compatible with a modded Xbox. The guy replying to him said something about FTP being the way to go if you had a modded Xbox.  I've shipped a card to him and can let you guys asking about stadiums/player pics know whats featured. Btw I am playing on unmodded Xbox.

So if I have a soft modded Xbox and try copying a save file from an Xbox memory card to the HD it won't work?  I don't believe that, I don't see any reason why an Xbox memory card shouldn't work on a soft modded Xbox.  @jollydodgercan I send you a memory card to get the 2017 rosters ?  I'll pay for shipping both ways. 

Joe

On 2/21/2017 at 1:25 PM, Jbits said:

So if I have a soft modded Xbox and try copying a save file from an Xbox memory card to the HD it won't work?  I don't believe that, I don't see any reason why an Xbox memory card shouldn't work on a soft modded Xbox.  @jollydodgercan I send you a memory card to get the 2017 rosters ?  I'll pay for shipping both ways. 

Joe

@JbitsGo ahead and send it. I sent him one a few weeks back without confirming (along with $ and a written note including my email)...he emailed me back yesterday asking when I wanted him to send it back

Wow, I need to check back here more often.  Lot of action....

Okay, let's see....first, I got mwann's memory card and will send it back out on Monday.  The roster is messy right now, mostly with relievers, and I need to get every roster at 25 so it's playable.

Second, I'm sure MVPedit, action replay, and modded Xboxes are child's play, but since I didn't grow up with xbox and having zero experience with any of it, it's all Chinese to me.  I apologize for my ignorance, but I haven't a clue about any of that stuff.

After reading the above, it sounds like those with modded xboxes may be able to use my simple roster after doing something else with it.

As far as updates to team logos or faces and all that, with the regular xbox, everything is basically original.  Old school DBacks logo, all of the created players have one of the generic faces, etc.  It'd be cool if the substantial PC edits were doable on xbox, and maybe they are, but I'm ignorant on all that.

Guys, I simply have an xbox and a great game that I keep the rosters and ratings updated on each year.  Very low-tech.  If that interests you, send me your memory card.  I've sent out 3-4 so far, and nobody provides feedback.  All except the guy who had a modded xbox and had trouble uploading the rosters.  I don't know what ever came of him.

The rosters upload perfectly on mine.  When I load the roster file onto your card, I upload it from the card and check it, to make sure it works on my unmodded xbox.  The only legit problem I've experienced is the fact that the game freezes when I try to simulate more than a few games during a dynasty.  I assume it's because of the sheer number of edits and created players, but I don't know for sure.

If someone more tech-savvy wants to create something more useful than what I'm providing, I can load the roster onto your card and then you can do your magic with it.  All of this interest is great, though.  I'm glad to help out.

1 hour ago, jollydodger said:

I've sent out 3-4 so far, and nobody provides feedback.  All except the guy who had a modded xbox and had trouble uploading the rosters.  I don't know what ever came of him.

That happens around here constantly.  It can be a very lecherous site sometimes.

JollyDodger (And Others),

Thanks! Your work is appreciated. As we get closer to opening day I will most likely be sending you a card and I'll give you some feedback.

I have a modded Xbox and just dug back into MVP baseball 2005 for Xbox. I previously had been playing with a ps2 but the ability to apply some mods to the Xbox version caught my attention. I'm in the process of picking up a copy of the game but I have picked the brain of a few great members of this community and all have been very helpful and willing to assist with some questions I have had.

I'm ok with the computer, just enough to understand some of the tech talk and apply some mods but have not fully started to play yet.  MvpEdit is an interesting tool but some of the file names and conversions (mainly portraits still confuse me, I think updated portraits alone with updated rosters give it just the amount of fresh paint to be interesting). It also sounds like faces need to be all switched to generic as well in order to prevent crashing.

Your rosters though are old school (not a bad thing at all) so I'm assuming with your rosters since you have them saved to a card is probably something I could either copy to the hard drive of my console via the controller pack or plug into an action replay and upload to my pc and then transfer to my console via ftp (I forget if modded Xbox's can't use memory cards to save/transfer).

I will also throw this out there as there seems to be quite a bit of interest for updated Xbox rosters still which amazes me...perhaps there are enough people with the skill set (or perhaps a coordinated effort by a group) in this community that still play the Xbox version to create a revival of sorts? 

Although my tech skills are a bit limited I'd be willing to try/learn and at worst commit to some funding towards a project like this to those who have the skills to do it and who would be willing to spend their time to work on this.

I know this game is 12 years old from a console now on its 3rd generation that's hard to compete with the likes of a modern game like MLB The Show, but there is still no comparison (close but no cigar) in the feel and fluidness that EA built this game around that has stood the test of time!

If you have figured out how to convert the portraits, but you don't want to construct and convert all of them for all of those players, at one time I had made portraits that don't have the players face, but would be a substitute by putting in the team logo.  Therefore, you would simply assign that ID to all of the players on that given team.  Just a thought.

Archived