Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
jollydodger

2016-17 Rosters for Xbox

I just updated rosters for xbox, will save on memory card you send.  I don't have a modded xbox or anything, just old school uploading it on a card.  I'll do another update after free agents declare, and then again for opening day next year.

Instead of keeping it constantly updated, I'm just doing it a few times a year now.

The last guy to get the roster on his card, it didn't work.  He has a modded xbox.  The roster works on a regular xbox, though.

mod an xbox

if not you need a save file on a xbox memory card.  i know Action Replay used to have one that you could plug into the PC to download from and upload to websites such as this

You can mail me a memory card.  

PO Box 1168

Pinon, AZ  86510

I don't know why a modded xbox matters or not, I'm really not knowledgeable with modding or action replay or any of that.  I have a normal old xbox and  normal old memory cards with normal old files.

A modded xbox takes the shipping cards back and forth out of the picture.  The Xbox is accessible through an FTP program on a computer.  You're then just transferring files.  The FTP program lets you see what's inside the Xbox like it would on your computer.  Not difficult at all.

Jollydodger,

I had a question about your Xbox rosters, but perhaps others on this thread may have a response too. I'm a baseball junkie, have played some professional ball and can't get enough of the sport. 

MVP Baseball 2005 is still my favorite baseball game to this day. The flow and feel of it has been hard pressed to be replaced even for The Show, in my opinion, which in it's own right is a great franchise as well.

As a result, I'm always on the lookout for updated roster files each year.

I can remember way back in the day I used to have an Action Replay for Xbox and could upload rosters onto it from a file I could download from my PC and load it onto the game.

On these updates rosters, for new players who may not have originally been on the game these rosters updated the blank generic screen for created players with the actual pictures of these players to the rosters in which they were added. For example, if Barry Bonds was on the particular roster I downloaded he would appear and his picture would actually be in the game too with their stats as a result.

With most updates available today, if you can find them, they typically update all rosters and ratings but don't have the capability to add updates to logos and pictures to the console versions.

Does your version have any of this and if not have you heard of anyone for Xbox or ps2 that has been able to create roster files that update any of the visuals for the guys within the game?

I appreciate your response and all of those on this thread that continue to keep this great game going whether it be PC or console. Thank you!

13 hours ago, TA42 said:

Jollydodger,

I had a question about your Xbox rosters, but perhaps others on this thread may have a response too. I'm a baseball junkie, have played some professional ball and can't get enough of the sport. 

MVP Baseball 2005 is still my favorite baseball game to this day. The flow and feel of it has been hard pressed to be replaced even for The Show, in my opinion, which in it's own right is a great franchise as well.

As a result, I'm always on the lookout for updated roster files each year.

I can remember way back in the day I used to have an Action Replay for Xbox and could upload rosters onto it from a file I could download from my PC and load it onto the game.

On these updates rosters, for new players who may not have originally been on the game these rosters updated the blank generic screen for created players with the actual pictures of these players to the rosters in which they were added. For example, if Barry Bonds was on the particular roster I downloaded he would appear and his picture would actually be in the game too with their stats as a result.

With most updates available today, if you can find them, they typically update all rosters and ratings but don't have the capability to add updates to logos and pictures to the console versions.

Does your version have any of this and if not have you heard of anyone for Xbox or ps2 that has been able to create roster files that update any of the visuals for the guys within the game?

I appreciate your response and all of those on this thread that continue to keep this great game going whether it be PC or console. Thank you!

I can try to let you know soon. I just sent a memory card off to him the other day, hopefully to get the newest roster update.  When it returns, if nobody else has already answered your question I'll take a look.  For me, with sending the card, I'm pretty sure whatever I get back will be the final update (w/pictures) given I don't have a modded xbox

If you have an original untouched xbox, you are limited. Mainly just the roster. However some things are capable if you have a modded console.

RoyHobbs,

Thanks! Mwann1028 was going to confirm if jollydodger's rosters were updated rosters or updated rosters with some additional updates (pictures etc.)

it sounds like his rosters work only with a regular Xbox and from your response probably wouldn't be capable of having updates faces and pictures attached to the new rosters and players added to the game.

If I am following that all correctly, you are saying however, that these options can be possible with a modded Xbox and mvpedit via ftp from a Pc onto an AR card that would load it onto your modded Xbox.

A few more questions on this:

(1)-what is mvpedit? Is this a program to download online via a pc to manipulate MVP rosters within the game? If so is this a program that is readily available or only for certain MVP Modders?

(2)-Does mvpedit provide you with roster updates or is this tool a creation tool for the user and it is up to the user to update all 30 teams and players by roster?

(3)- is there anyone on this thread that possesses or updated rosters with pictures etc. for modded Xbox's? If so, I wouldn't mind this option, it would be much easier.

let me know if I'm still off base with some of these details. Again, much appreciated and very helpful!!

In curious about everything TA42 was asking about.  I have a couple questions as well.  So if it's a basic roster file it will not work on a modded Xbox? My version of Windows doesn't seem to work with my Xbox AR Max but I can always just FTP the file over though, correct?  Also, stadium updates , players with real pics, are these possible for the Xbox version ? Any help would be great man!  I'm new to MVMODS and I'm extreme fan of MVP 2005 for Xbox . I've been gettin PS2 Rosters past couple years , while these are ok, the game is still better on xbox

@Jbits so @jollydodger's post from Nov. '16 (above), as I interpreted it... is that the rosters he can download to other people's memory cards and send by mail is not compatible with a modded Xbox. The guy replying to him said something about FTP being the way to go if you had a modded Xbox.  I've shipped a card to him and can let you guys asking about stadiums/player pics know whats featured. Btw I am playing on unmodded Xbox.