2016-17 Rosters for Xbox

jollydodger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone remember where to place the 19 .dat files that MVP edit generates for a modded Xbox? I believe 18 go to one location and the 19th in a separate folder but have been unable to work this out just yet. I have started with accessing the database folder and deleting the .big file and adding all 19 files. I noticed there were some other files in this folder that I also left there. Unfortunately, it results in all rosters being blank within the game and then crashing. 

I will continue to play around with this but was curious if anyone recalled how this worked.

Thanks!

Oops maybe that's my problem! I found an old thread on here that said to access the database folder and delete this file and then add the news ones.

Are you saying that all 19 files should already be somewhere in the original game, just locate the right folder with them in there and then overwrite/replace them with the ones generated from mvpedit?

I deleted the database.big file within the database file 

Well, all I can tell you is that database.big is not a PC file, so it may very well be Xbox specific.  But instead of deleting files that you are unsure if they are going to affect the game, do something like naming the extension ".bak", so that way the game won't read it.

The only thing I recall about the .dat files,which Xbox WILL read, is that 18 of them go somewhere and the 19th one goes in a different folder.  I would download maybe an older roster and see if there's any readme files to instruct as to where they go.

I have received and successfully implemented @jollydodger's rosters to my unmodded Xbox. Very simple upload process...I went to Memory from the Xbox homescreen, found the Memory Card, scrolled to MVP05, copied the "updated rosters" file and transferred to the Xbox Hard Drive (which is all MVP will search through)...once in the game I uploaded the rosters and saved them within my profile. The rosters are great, and in season mode and quick play they are flawless.  I was also impressed with the amount of current AAA players listed. The only issue I can seem to find (and it's minor) is that in the Owner mode, if you operate past the AAA level, guys that were in original game and still active (i.e. Miguel Cabrera, Bartolo Colon) are listed at the age they were in 2005. This creates a small problem when eyeing a long-term franchise mode and knowing these guys will be around as long as current young stars like Trout/Machado etc....I'll probably end up editing their age down the road. Again, very minor...other than that it's flawless and I feel that most players have a very authentic skill set (except Matt Carpenter, I was bummed he wasn't better)

Thanks again for the rosters, and if anyone has any questions I can try and be of help

Ok, I have done A LOT of searching this website, and tried A LOT of different methods.  This seems to be the only thread alive, that still discusses the xbox end of MVP Baseball.  I have a few questions on everything.  I have a softmodded Xbox, and from everything I read, I SHOULD have the ability to download a roster save, and FTP the roster over to the xbox.  However; when I do this, the game freezes as soon as I select two teams to play in exhibition.

This leads me to the first question, and the questions that seems to get asked the most, but I can't find a clear answer.  When you download a roster file, you are presented with a folder named database.  From what I understand, you move these .dat files from the downloaded roster over to the MVP game database folder.  Now here is where everything I googled seems to get clustered.  First, I have seen people claiming you have to delete certain files, then others say just hit replace.  I have seen someone say, his.dat is the ONLY file you keep in the database folder, then move the 18 .dat files into the database folder.  Now this is a problem, because all the roster downloads have 19 .dat files and not 18.

So what exactly is the process of moving a PC to roster to xbox?  I understand how to ftp, I do it constantly with my xbox, but there seems to be a lot of confusion on the correct way.  If someone knows where I'm going wrong with thi would love to hear.  

My second question is, I have a modded xbox, why would jollydogers save file NOT work with a modded xbox?  In theory, and for those who don't have a softmodded xbox, you can still boot the original xbox memory card screen, with that being said, I should be able to take the memory card and transfer the save to my HDD.  If anyone has tried this and it failed, why did it fail?  It obvious people still want to play this game on xbox, and have the interest for an updated roster, and I, much like jollydoger would love to help. If I could get any of these saves to work via softmod, I would be happy to make a video on how to correctly do it.  Any help or ideas, please share, I plan on working on this later tonight again.  

On 3/8/2017 at 10:38 AM, mwann1028 said:

I have received and successfully implemented @jollydodger's rosters to my unmodded Xbox. Very simple upload process...I went to Memory from the Xbox homescreen, found the Memory Card, scrolled to MVP05, copied the "updated rosters" file and transferred to the Xbox Hard Drive (which is all MVP will search through)...once in the game I uploaded the rosters and saved them within my profile. The rosters are great, and in season mode and quick play they are flawless.  I was also impressed with the amount of current AAA players listed. The only issue I can seem to find (and it's minor) is that in the Owner mode, if you operate past the AAA level, guys that were in original game and still active (i.e. Miguel Cabrera, Bartolo Colon) are listed at the age they were in 2005. This creates a small problem when eyeing a long-term franchise mode and knowing these guys will be around as long as current young stars like Trout/Machado etc....I'll probably end up editing their age down the road. Again, very minor...other than that it's flawless and I feel that most players have a very authentic skill set (except Matt Carpenter, I was bummed he wasn't better)

Thanks again for the rosters, and if anyone has any questions I can try and be of help

Thanks, it's great to finally get some feedback. 

On the age thing, I made them their current ages, based on the game being 2005.  So if a player is 25 years old, I made him born in 1980. 

You could create the existing real players in the game, but I don't feel the need.  

And Carpenter's value is in his versatility :)

On 3/8/2017 at 1:49 PM, roccodimarco said:

Ok, I have done A LOT of searching this website, and tried A LOT of different methods.  This seems to be the only thread alive, that still discusses the xbox end of MVP Baseball.  I have a few questions on everything.  I have a softmodded Xbox, and from everything I read, I SHOULD have the ability to download a roster save, and FTP the roster over to the xbox.  However; when I do this, the game freezes as soon as I select two teams to play in exhibition.

This leads me to the first question, and the questions that seems to get asked the most, but I can't find a clear answer.  When you download a roster file, you are presented with a folder named database.  From what I understand, you move these .dat files from the downloaded roster over to the MVP game database folder.  Now here is where everything I googled seems to get clustered.  First, I have seen people claiming you have to delete certain files, then others say just hit replace.  I have seen someone say, his.dat is the ONLY file you keep in the database folder, then move the 18 .dat files into the database folder.  Now this is a problem, because all the roster downloads have 19 .dat files and not 18.

So what exactly is the process of moving a PC to roster to xbox?  I understand how to ftp, I do it constantly with my xbox, but there seems to be a lot of confusion on the correct way.  If someone knows where I'm going wrong with thi would love to hear.  

My second question is, I have a modded xbox, why would jollydogers save file NOT work with a modded xbox?  In theory, and for those who don't have a softmodded xbox, you can still boot the original xbox memory card screen, with that being said, I should be able to take the memory card and transfer the save to my HDD.  If anyone has tried this and it failed, why did it fail?  It obvious people still want to play this game on xbox, and have the interest for an updated roster, and I, much like jollydoger would love to help. If I could get any of these saves to work via softmod, I would be happy to make a video on how to correctly do it.  Any help or ideas, please share, I plan on working on this later tonight again.  

I have zero firsthand knowledge about modded xboxes.  All I have to go on is what one guy who I shared my roster with told me.  He had trouble with it, and that's all I know.  Maybe it was his error, but I don't know enough about it to tell you anything.

Roccodimarco,

A lot of us new guys seem to have the same questions. Once we have it figured out I'm sure good things and new updates can come if we all work together.

Im new to the community but there are A LOT of great guys here who have been very helpful. Their main focus is PC but they have been courteous assisting with some of us Xbox people. It has been some trial and error for me thus far and I have not been entirely successful yet getting rosters to work during a game but this is where I'm currently at. Perhaps this will help you or we can continue to push forward in some regard towards a definitive process that works.

I was stuck for awhile but have been scouring everything I can to get more and more information coupled with the great feedback and people on this thread. 

This is what I did and where I'm at as my time has slowly permitted me to progress (I have a modded Xbox):

I used Gordos 2017 roster and uploaded it into MVPedit (available for download in the download section).

From there I exported it to my desktop and placed the .19 date files in a folder. I was stuck here for awhile trying to transfer these 19 .dat files, deleting files etc. just like you. In some instances the game would crash or the rosters would be completely empty on every team or they wouldn't take at all. Was having trouble getting them to appear altogether within the game even though they were in the right database folder on my modded Xbox.

Where I'm currently at and what I did next was I came across and downloaded the Xbox roster database maker from a thread I came across on operationsports.com that was originally provided by krawhitham. http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mvp-baseball-rosters/166350-transfering-pc-rosters-xbox.html

When you download this file it creates a .exe program that I place in the same folder that I exported the 19 .dat files to from mvpedit and then I run it in this folder and it produces a .big file in addition to the 19 .dat files.

From there I ftp this entire folders contents (minus the .exe application, so the 19.dat files and the .big file that was produced) and I place it in the database file within the game on my modded Xbox.

You will overwrite two files that are already present there. the old history file and the old .big file with the new ones in addition to the remaining .dat files.

This will allow you to boot the game up and have Gordos 2017 rosters as the default.

Unfortunately, despite my progress in this regard, the rosters take and do appear for all teams but the game freezes right before the first batter walks to the plate. I believe the answer is to go back into mvpedit and switch out all cyberfaces on each roster to a 901-915 range as has been recommended to me previously. This is as far as I have had time to progress to. I don't know if this is the answer yet, it appears that it is based off the feedback on this thread but when I get a moment I will be converting the cyberfaces for one team to the above mentioned range and then will try an exhibition against this same team with this team to see if the game crashes or if it allows me to play. If it allows me to play then I believe that to be the answer and then I will slowly do the same for the remaining 29 teams.

Maybe I'm still doing it wrong and that's why it freezes and you don't need the roster database program. Or maybe 18.dat files go in one place and one of the .dat files goes elsewhere like I have read and the feedback has suggested but that method unfortunately never produced the game rosters in the actual game like the current method I described above.

If ultimately nothing I try stops the game from crashing right before the first pitch then I will be taking Jollydodger up on his generous offer of sending him a memory card (and some money for his time) for his rosters, but I'm a bit stubborn and like to tinker with this stuff and I haven't fully exhausted all avenues. (By the way, I don't consider myself too technical or savvy at all in this area but can follow directions and know just enough to be dangerous).

If I am successful I will share my final results (if so then there is hope for all others as if I can figure it out then about anyone should be able to), if not I will share that too and then will be PMing Jollydodger lol!

My end goal and highest hopes (whether knocked out and solved via teamwork or paying a skilled individual for their technical work on updated Xbox rosters) would be for updated 2017 rosters with portraits and players names audio. 

The incorrect cybers are going to get in your way for sure, thus the tip to go with the generic numbers.  Putting all 19 .dat files in the same place won't work either.  Sorry, I just can't remember where they go.

Gordo, thanks! I'll keep trying. Is the Xbox database maker irrelevant and more of a coincidence that the rosters finally appeared on the game after it generated a .big file and I replaced it with the old one in the database folder? This was the only way I was able to make the rosters appear. Have you heard of anyone using this program when transferring rosters to the Xbox before?

Alright I have an update as I had some time to experiment with this some more:

I downloaded Gordos 2017 pc rosters, imported them into mvpedit.

Changed all the cyberfaces including managers to between 901-915 (that's the part that takes the longest). Thanks for the advice there again Gordo!

Exported the 19 .dat files into a folder. 

Used the Xbox roster database maker program I shared via a link on this thread previously and dropped it in the same folder as the 19 .dat files and then executed it.

This produced a new database.big file. This is the only file I needed to add to the game.

I then Ftped the generated database.big file into my database folder and overwrote the old one and then delete history.dat (not sure this is necessary but I read somewhere that this had been done previously).

I tested it and an exhibition game loads and is playable. I haven't played a full 9 innings yet but a few innings and all was good. Previously I was never able to start a game.

I hope this helps others who may be doing the same!

I will report back if I run into any glitches and cannot get through a full game when I have more time.

Will next start to play with either portraits or audio. This looks a lot more complicated...

So for us non modded Xbox owners, the only option is still to snail mail a memory card? In my past NFL 2K5 days, people would post their rosters from an Action Replay .zip file and we could up/down load them amongst each other. Is this not possible with this game? Sorry for my ignorance, its been several years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm extremely interested in grabbing whatever files I can to try to update to current rosters. 

I'm willing to give pertinent feedback as well about the process/if it works/what I did. 

If someone has the files I would love to grab them .  Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I just sent out another memory card with the roster file on it, so hopefully we'll be getting some feedback here in a few days.

I'm moving, so don't send me your memory card until i post my new address here.  It won't take long, maybe a 2-week gap.  I just don't want someone's card to get lost in the mail and not find its way to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, I haven't visited here in awhile.  

I'm working on updating the roster/ratings for the 2017 season.  This'll be the last one I do.  

Just send me your memory card, I'll send it back out as soon as it's done.  No money necessary, but if you wanted to send $5 to cover postage - that's what most people do, of their own accord.  I appreciate it.

Thank you for doing this for the people in here. I'd love to have this too but I don't have a modded Xbox. All I have is the original Xbox and the Mvp 2005 game that goes with it. I don't have action replay or anything like that so I will be unable to use it. But thank you anyways.

Archived