Roster Issues with Mods

Padres91

Hey everyone,

I am new to the whole MVP mod, I was able to get both the '98 and '84 mods working and they are amazing. One question though, I notice that in Dynasty mode that players from MVP 2005 are in the free agent pool, along with players who were assigned to teams for the respective seasons. (IE Mariano Rivera is in the free agency pool along with being on the Yankees. I was wondering if I perhaps did something wrong or there is a way to fix the rosters. If not, no problem, I still love playing the game in exhibition mode. 

Edited by Padres91

You did not do anything wrong.  That's just the way that the rosters were created.  You CAN still play these mods in dynasty mode.  You just need to make sure that before starting your dynasty you turn off some of the settings, specifically, injuries, suspensions and computer-initiated trades.  In other words, you don't want the game to make changes to your rosters.  The only allowable rosters changes should be the ones that you make, and even then, you should be very careful, since most of the Total Classics mods only contain updated major league rosters and do not have modified minor league teams.