having trouble installing mods

roadranger

i'm having problems installing anything for mvp2005.  i did a clean install of the game and installed patches 1 & 2.  the game worked fine. no matter how i try to install mvp15, it keeps telling me it can't open the files as archives - both when trying to extract from winrar and just copying to a folder, clicking on 'run as administrator', etc.  i've tried installing this and other mods with tit and it just gets to the screen that says installing textures and files and doesn't ever get past that screen.  i've gone into the game and selected 'properties' and tried different settings there too

no, i have it in a different folder.  also, when i try to install the 2016 end of season rosters dat files into the data/database folder of the game, it keeps giving me 'access denied' error messages.  i'll put tit in the game folder and try from there and let you know. thanks

i put tit in the game menu and it said it unpacked the files. then it does it's usual and sticks on the 'installing textures and files' and the only way to get out of tit is to click 'ctrl-alt-del'.  i installed mvp15, mvp15 patch 1, and end of season rosters with tit and they all showed that they unpacked, but when i opened the game, i had the same old 2005 welcome screens, not mvp15.  when i try to double-click 'explodeme' i get an error message saying it can't open it as an archive

It's been a long while since I tried to install mvp 15.  In your descriptions above, things are a bit overlapping.  You're saying you can't install it but then you go into the properties of the game.  Do you mean properties once you installed the native 2005?  Also, what OS are you using?  If Windows 10, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

If not, try installing MVP 12 and see if you can run that.   Don't add anything else to it. 

As far as the mvp 15 archive, I can't recall how it is compressed.  You may need to download/install 7zip and run it from that.

Report back what you find.

As far as the mvp 15 archive, I can't recall how it is compressed.  You may need to download/install 7zip and run it from that.

When I created the Installer for MVP15, I used 7-Zip to create the archive file and the explodeme.exe file.

It's been a long while since I tried to install mvp 15.  In your descriptions above, things are a bit overlapping.  You're saying you can't install it but then you go into the properties of the game.  Do you mean properties once you installed the native 2005?  Also, what OS are you using?  If Windows 10, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

If not, try installing MVP 12 and see if you can run that.   Don't add anything else to it. 

i'm using windows 7 64 bit.  i installed a clean version of the game and patches 1 & 2.  the game opened fine and i simmed 10 games and saved it.  when i tried to install mvp15 from winrar, it kept giving me access denied error messages. i then copied mvp15 into the game directory and tried 'explode' both by double-clicking it and by right-clicking and selecting run as administrator.  it kept giving me something like cannot open as archive error messages.  when i tried using tit, it unpacked the mvp15 and explode.exe and seemed to ok (except that, as usual when i use tit, it freezes on the 'installing textures and files' screen.  i thought being tit unpacked the mod, patch 1, the end of season 2016 roster, that it would be ok, but when i clicked to open the game, i got the same old mvp2005 loading screens and menus and not mvp15.  i'll try downloading 7-zip and using that to see if that works

• 2 weeks later...

i've followed the instructions in this thread and now it seems as though the 'explodeme' worked fine and when i put tit in the game directory and did mvp12 and all of the patches for mvp12, it seemed to install those fine and had me insert both game cd's.  i thought everything was fine, but when i went to play the game, the same old loading screens came up.  the reason i haven't played this game in such a long time is that i never could get the conversion mods to work - going back to mvp08.  i've never had any problem getting the roster, stadiums, portraits, etc to work, just can't get the conversion mods to work.   also, when i did the 'explodeme', i copied the data folder into the main game directory and overwrote all of them, but it still loaded up the old screens and still brought up my old saved dynasty and rosters even though i did a 'power uninstall' and got rid of everything pertaining to mvp2005 before i did a clean install