BallFour's Uni Mods

BallFour

Hmm, alright. I'll take a look at the uniform select file when I get back from work. Now, does it crash before displaying the default uniforms, or does it crash when you try to click and select another uniform from the set?

As for the D-Backs, jefe took care of that one, so I can't help ya there.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is very odd.  I didn't realize that they installed to models.big; thought they installed to uniforms.big.  Leave it to program developers.   The same thing happened now with the DBacks uniform (jef's).  Got the fifas.exe error, but they installed and showed up in game.  Just so odd.

Ya, you've done your part for sure.   It's weird though.  I installed every uniform again over the 2008 uniforms and every thing was fine.  Went to install the D'Backs again and it crashes at the uni select screen.   

Addendum:  changed gears;  I went back to my stable models.big and uniforms.big backups.  This time I installed the uniform selector file separately from the uniforms files for Arizona and it was all stable with good installs.   So now I'll re-install the 29 Ballfour unis and report what happens.   So odd.

I installed all 29 uniforms and none of them made the game crash.  Picked Arizona again and now it crashes whereas it didn't before.   So, ya, yours are looking all good BallFour.

Addendum:  It's definitely the D'Backs uniform selector.  I installed the 08 uniform selector back over the uniforms.big file and no crash, even though the new DBacks uniforms show up in game.  I PM'd Jef.

Welp, I *could* just download it and re-release it with the fix, but if Trues, Jim, KC, or Y4L could chime in with their approval beforehand, that would make me feel better. Don't want people to think I'm blatantly ripping off someone else's work and passing it off as my own.

3 hours ago, BallFour said:

Welp, I *could* just download it and re-release it with the fix, but if Trues, Jim, KC, or Y4L could chime in with their approval beforehand, that would make me feel better. Don't want people to think I'm blatantly ripping off someone else's work and passing it off as my own.

Buddy, I don't think that anyone would be lead to believe that you rip off someone's work. And I think I read somewhere in the past that Jeferomer does not mind if you use his work but just provide credit for it. As Gordo says, he has not been around here in awhile. Maybe he has been around at Mvp Caribe. You can create an account there and check.

The problem that a lot of people in the past have run in to was they released work and they used part of so-and-so's work without giving them credit or permission. That's when disputes occured.

Alrighty, thanks for the guidance! Just want to do right by the site and do right by Jefe. New file has been uploaded. Gordo, if you want to give it a spin and let me know how it works, that'd be cool. If everything works out, I shall continue my vacation in peace. :p

Archived