MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

I think I should chime in. I never do because I know how dangerous a keyboard can be  But setting an initial date was a very not so smart move if you guys planned on doing all of this stuff. I feel like most of the decisions you made to add in were last minute and what you guys need to understand is, THIS GAME WONT EVER BE THE SHOW. It won't look like the show it won't feel like the show and it won't play like the the show. So some of these particular and trivial details no one will probably care about. I praise you guys. ALL of you. You're talented as hell. And it shows in your work. However, waiting almost a month into the actual baseball season to see anything has made me not care about this mod as much. "It'll be done X date." "We're just cleaning some stuff up we'll have it this weekend." Now it's "whenever we finish it'll be in." That's not a good look. Move in silence next time or suffer the consequences. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves 

What an ungrateful comment. If your Dad ordered you a new car, you would probably complain that you have to wait a week for the delivery and the rims were the wrong color...

8 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

I think I should chime in. I never do because I know how dangerous a keyboard can be  But setting an initial date was a very not so smart move if you guys planned on doing all of this stuff. I feel like most of the decisions you made to add in were last minute and what you guys need to understand is, THIS GAME WONT EVER BE THE SHOW. It won't look like the show it won't feel like the show and it won't play like the the show. So some of these particular and trivial details no one will probably care about. I praise you guys. ALL of you. You're talented as hell. And it shows in your work. However, waiting almost a month into the actual baseball season to see anything has made me not care about this mod as much. "It'll be done X date." "We're just cleaning some stuff up we'll have it this weekend." Now it's "whenever we finish it'll be in." That's not a good look. Move in silence next time or suffer the consequences. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves 

Okay.

Not going to point fingers but why does it seem like some people feel entitled to this mod? No one has to make this and no one has to share it with the rest of us. The sense of entitlement is insane. That being said, I'd like this discussion to stay relevant/respectful, the modders seem to be working their butts off to create this in their free time, they don't need to deal with this crap too. I just want to say again, thank you to those of you putting work into this! 

8 minutes ago, Behindshadows said:

Picklebrad, where you been hiding broham, love your work!

Thanks my friend. I've been around. Just moved back to Florida, got married, had a kid...You know, normal life experiences. Glad to be back and having fun modding any chance I get which is too little these days. I do have some awesome things I'm collaborating with these guys on so stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

22 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

You chimed in and that was your first mistake. The only thing that I agree with your post was that they never should have set a release date. That's because it makes people like you "chime in."

These guys are not trying to make anyone think this is the second coming of The Show. What they are trying to do is make the best mod possible. If you love The Show so much why are you here? Play that game and enjoy it.

And it is such a shame that because this mod has been delayed that you don't care that much about it anymore. Maybe everyone associated with the 2k17 project ought to quit right now because you are unhappy.

One thing I was curious about though. What kind of consequences are these guys supposed to suffer? Is it the wrath of your impatience or the knowledge that they have disappointed you because the mod isn't in your hands yet?

If I were them I would delay it another two weeks and then tell everyone in here that while the mod is ready it was your comments that have prevented its release.

22 hours ago, scottybilly said:

The Show has always been eyecandy with moderate to poor gameplay since its inception..

Hear, hear! I actually tried last years version for my old PS3 last year after I got fed up with crashes using my over-modded 2k. Hitting sux balls, pitching is ok, game flow is awful. Way too much crap and the "unlocks" are nothing more than an inexplicable nuisance. I gave it to my kid to trade in on something he wanted within a month and the console went back to collecting dust.

This game is worlds better...when it's not crashing...

Thanks again, guys for all the work you put in! Take your time and ignore folks that aren't thankful.

@mingWeird. I have had 2K12 since the day of its release and it has never crashed once on me. Roster crashes are another thing though.... Sorry to hear you're having problems with it. But yeah I agree with all the comments about The Show. I have The Show 16 for ps4 and was really disappointed.

4 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

New update of the MRP Andrew Miller cyberface of the Indians, credits to scottybylli by texture, I only edit 3d model. This cyberface will be available with the release of the mod 2K17

4.jpg

3.jpg

Just in time for Miller to get a Hair cut LOL 

6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

You chimed in and that was your first mistake. The only thing that I agree with your post was that they never should have set a release date. That's because it makes people like you "chime in."

These guys are not trying to make anyone think this is the second coming of The Show. What they are trying to do is make the best mod possible. If you love The Show so much why are you here? Play that game and enjoy it.

And it is such a shame that because this mod has been delayed that you don't care that much about it anymore. Maybe everyone associated with the 2k17 project ought to quit right now because you are unhappy.

One thing I was curious about though. What kind of consequences are these guys supposed to suffer? Is it the wrath of your impatience or the knowledge that they have disappointed you because the mod isn't in your hands yet?

If I were them I would delay it another two weeks and then tell everyone in here that while the mod is ready it was your comments that have prevented its release.

First of all, regardless of my comments, this mod probably wasn't coming out for another month anyway. So, your stupid suggestion to play an alternative seems so much more intriguing lol However, regardless of what you say, yes, the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

31 minutes ago, bomberlove463 said:

First of all, regardless of my comments, this mod probably wasn't coming out for another month anyway. So, your stupid suggestion to play an alternative seems so much more intriguing lol However, regardless of what you say, yes, the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

And what if it doesn't come out for another month? So what. You have no idea what is involved in making a huge mod like this. It's not like one guy making a uniform or one guy making a stadium and then you release it. So much more is required for a mod like this. And at the same time a lot of beta testing is done just so they can make sure the mod is 100% playable because the last thing they'd want to hear after all their hard work is "my game crashes" or something like that from people like you.

I'm an Mvp player and I want to tell you how long it took for two mods to come out. We have a Legends of the Booth mod that took creator OTBJoel a couple of years to make. Mvp Baseball 1994 took another modder named Hory 18 months to make. If you were here then you would have popped a blood vessel waiting on those mods.

How about if the next time something like this comes up you take over and do it yourself just to show everyone you are better than these guys? Yeah, go ahead and make 2k18. With any luck you'll have it out by 2k28.

31 minutes ago, jroh88_1969 said:

No matter what bomberlove463 says we are all patiently waiting for this to be released great job by all that is involved thank you guys for the great work fools like him don't speak for all of us

Nice post man

1 hour ago, bomberlove463 said:

the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

Why didn't you say that sooner? I'd have suggested you go play RBI Baseball, since you don't like the Show and you apparently don't care about our mod anymore. You do know that 2K12 does actually a very good job at being a realistic PC baseball videogame without a total mod added to it, right? You talk like you can't play the game without our mod. News flash: you can!

Nobody is saying you should keep your opinion to yourself, but show some respect for our work and the time it takes to complete it. You don't know the work that goes into it and you don't know what goes on in our lives, which, I repeat, are more important than any bloody mod. Since you obviously don't know anything about these two things and you can't show any respect, then I suggest you shut up. Or what about you learn how to mod the game and help us out? We're always in need of new volunteers. (I underlined this word because, once again, I'd like to point out that we do this without earning one single dime, therefore I have no idea why we should be forced to release it on a hypotetical release date we mentioned in the beginning. Nobody says we HAVE to release it either.)

I wonder what these silly things we bitch about are. It's not like we're not releasing the mod because one CF has short hair when it should have long hair. You keep saying that you don't care, yet I bet my ass you will be downloading this mod as soon as it comes out. :D

Archived