MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say. He's an anonymous lurker that probably doesn't play baseball games in general. Maybe he's amused by all the complaining about this mod not being released yet. Maybe the woman in his profile dumped his sorry ass, so he's lashing out at a baseball modding community. Maybe he was banned from the nba2K modding and Elder Scrolls modding websites because his mods suck and people grew tired of his harassment and demanding the acknowledgement of his accomplishments. Maybe the cops are patrolling all the grammar school playgrounds more thoroughly to stop him from playing with the other kids.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say.

But he clearly stated he's saying "something that's actually true" so he must have said some relevant stuff LOL Funny how he can tell us what's true and what isn't, btw...

27 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say. He's an anonymous lurker that probably doesn't play baseball games in general. Maybe he's amused by all the complaining about this mod not being released yet. Maybe the woman in his profile dumped his sorry ass, so he's lashing out at a baseball modding community. Maybe he was banned from the nba2K modding and Elder Scrolls modding websites because his mods suck and people grew tired of his harassment and demanding the acknowledgement of his accomplishments. Maybe the cops are patrolling all the grammar school playgrounds more thoroughly to stop him from playing with the other kids.

Now this is one of the funniest posts I've seen here in awhile. For all we know all of it is true. :D

20 minutes ago, aceshigh said:

But he clearly stated he's saying "something that's actually true" so he must have said some relevant stuff LOL Funny how he can tell us what's true and what isn't, btw...

He probably makes things up as he goes along.

3 minutes ago, Lhmarina said:

How about this: IGNORE HIM!  You guys might just be doing what he wants you to do.  Just a thought... Let it go and let's move on...

Good idea but as soon as he lets up a little someone else in here will take his place.

Just now, Umachines said:

Well, these kind of things happen in MVP Caribe site too. But our seasons last  only 3 monthes, and you know how polite we latin guys can be...

Yeah, I see it in the shoutbox all the time. :D:D

21 hours ago, carterajames said:

Not going to point fingers but why does it seem like some people feel entitled to this mod? No one has to make this and no one has to share it with the rest of us. The sense of entitlement is insane. That being said, I'd like this discussion to stay relevant/respectful, the modders seem to be working their butts off to create this in their free time, they don't need to deal with this crap too. I just want to say again, thank you to those of you putting work into this! 

BEGIN SARCASM

Yeah, I mean come on now!  I already completed my own 2k17 mod 3 weeks ago and am enjoying the heck out of my franchise!  It's spectacular!  And I'm not going to share it with ANY of you because you didn't ask me.  I did this mod for myself, dangitall!

END SARCASM

Seriously, I think this mod is great.  People have taken time out of their lives to help improve the PC gaming community.  I agree here with carterajames and many others.  This mod will be ready when it's ready and I'll be ready when it's ready.  I appreciate everything these guys (and gals?) have done and, even if it crashes several times, I'll live. 

To be honest, I tried modding some stadium ads a few years ago and it's not as easy as you think, especially if you want things to look JUSSSSSST right.  So I admire all these people for their fine work.  They have pride in their craft and they want it done right.  Quick fixes?  Nah, they want it done RIGHT.

I love this website and, even though I don't contribute much, it's still a daily visit on my bookmarks.

have you investigated why your game crashes? the only reasons I see are that somehow its computer driver related, or something is wrong with your roster file- meaning at least one team does not have enough players, or at least one team's pitching rotation or lineup has a blank slot

1 hour ago, kjuggs said:

As far as crashing goes, I've found 2k12 to be nearly indestructible compared to MVP! 

Yes a more advanced engine in some ways. Most of the mods are drag and drop so it makes it nice. But I imagine MVP with how much content it has and different massive overhauls it would be a bit complex. Of course I'm not speaking in experience... I owned it for PS2 and loved it. You have to consider operating systems play a little happier nowadays as computers more are popular for gaming.

As for the mod, thanks for coming to our defense and all but we know how many good people are looking forward to playing it and I hope you guys feel like it's worth the wait..

of course it is... because it's free

lolz.. can't wait to release it and play it myself guys! Think of that, too :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Thanks my friend. I've been around. Just moved back to Florida, got married, had a kid...You know, normal life experiences. Glad to be back and having fun modding any chance I get which is too little these days. I do have some awesome things I'm collaborating with these guys on so stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Congrats on the kid and wife! Same here life has taken me away from my hobbies, multiple jobs, got a kid graduating in 2 years and he has 11 scholarship offers with more to come! So I'm preparing for that.

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, State Farm to T-Mobile, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff. Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

2 minutes ago, raidersbball20 said:

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff

This sounds awesome! It's the little details that I love and appreciate the most.

44 minutes ago, raidersbball20 said:

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, State Farm to T-Mobile, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff. Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

wow

That is amazing. Love it. Will that include the stats showed in game too? like 2016 batting avg, etc?  

Another question is there a way to fix the bug that some players log insane amount of innings during the franchise mode (60 GS, 350+ IP) while others simply don't log anything (you can play with them, but when you look at their stats it's like they haven't played a single game it's all 0)

1 hour ago, raidersbball20 said:

Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

I wish... :( It's like looking for a needle in a haystack while being blindfolded. We need someone to tinker with the audio editor before we can do that

You guys just keep doing your work and don't worry about the complainers. They most likely never even put any effort into improving the game themselves, just sitting there and waiting to get others hard work served on a silver platter to bitch about some little stuff. I'm sure the majority here is very grateful for what you're doing and will patiently wait for the release.

1 hour ago, DaSteelerz said:

(sic)

Play by play: "Last year's MVP... Justin Verlander..."

Umpire: "STRIKE!!!"

*Cheers*

"Strike three and this game is history!"

I don't know where that file is, I have an idea but the audio editor won't let us listen to audios from play-by-play and since there are like millions of lines, I have no idea what to do. I could replace every line that's about the length of the infamous JV line, but that would be trial and miss and it would require time that I currently don't have. :(

Crashes, or at least all of mine, are roster related. I edit equipment team by team, weird arms, cyber faces, etc. Usually fine, but when it starts buggin out on you after you've put that kind of work into it and you don't know why, you get po'd. Crashes are an unfortunate side effect of OCD on my part...

13 minutes ago, ming said:

Crashes, or at least all of mine, are roster related. I edit equipment team by team, weird arms, cyber faces, etc. Usually fine, but when it starts buggin out on you after you've put that kind of work into it and you don't know why, you get po'd. Crashes are an unfortunate side effect of OCD on my part...

Well don't scrap your franchise - just adjust your 40 man roster...

Was anybody able to or planning on changing the 15-day DL to the new 10-day DL and the 7-day concussion DL? Also, can the list of DL injuries be edited? I think that some should be deleted because they just don't happen, and could be replaced with the more common injuries. Also, are last years team and individual player stats being incorporated?

Archived