MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

Have a question, that maybe one of you hard working modders can help me with.  Just these past few days, I was having problems getting to MLB2K12 to run properly after installing the Frontend Bautista  updates, #1 and #2 and the Overlay 2K17 Black 3.5 Final Version  so I deleted the files and the game, and ran a clean install back to the default version of the game.  When 2K17 is eventually available, it should install directly over the original game, and there is no need to d/ld all the CF's, accessory mods, rosters, jerseys, etc..  They are included in the mod, correct?  However, I saved the saves folder found in %appdata% from the previous game with my profile, sliders and updated rosters, but when I start the game and go to load them, they aren't there, and they show up in the saves file, when I open the %appdata% file.  What gives?  Hopefully I won't have anymore problems, I really like this game, and the mods are icing on the cake.  I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, if that makes a difference.  Thx.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is your saves folder inside the mlb2k folder in user\appdata\roaming? If it is then a roster shouldn't have a problem loading when you start the game.   You deleted every file in your game folder and did a fresh install back to default? That wasn't necessary. Removing a mod that causes the crash should be enough to get the game back to running smoothly again. Most of the mods included in the total mod are probably what everybody has been working on recently, so you may end up needing to install older cyberfaces if you deleted them.

Yes. The saves folder is inside the user\appdata\roaming. When I open it, I see all the files, but when I open the load saves in game, the files aren't there.  It may not have been necessary, but I was making sure the crashes didn't occur again.  I can add the CF's, that's not a problem, I have them in downloads.  It crashed because of that mod, and continued to crash after I removed it, so I had no choice but to uninstall and reinstall the game.

I want to get playing this year and have a question. If I install a roster and schedule now, can I still install the mod when its ready without using the roster and schedule it comes with?

If so what's the best one available? I see there's no more korean one.

Not a Braves fan, but I live in the south and have been to games at Fulton County and the Ted. Makes me feel old...only old guys say "I remember going to the old Fulton County Stadium."

Great work guys!

Hey everyone! Just want to pop in and say thanks for all of the work done to make this for us. The xbox owners here really appreciate it. This will be my first time downloading a 2k mod... is there anything I should download before the mod is complete?

Thanks again! I'll check back later...

8 hours ago, EmusCatuli said:

Hey everyone! Just want to pop in and say thanks for all of the work done to make this for us. The xbox owners here really appreciate it. This will be my first time downloading a 2k mod... is there anything I should download before the mod is complete?

Thanks again! I'll check back later...

Not really man, everything will be included in the final package. If you want you can download the faces and unis that have been released so far, before the mod is released, but they will be included in the final release as well.

BTW Nice to see the cheering cow survived the stadium makeover :D 

2 hours ago, aceshigh said:

BTW Nice to see the cheering cow survived the stadium makeover :D 

I fought for that cow's life. Pena just wanted to make burgers out of him and I said no!

43 minutes ago, 1210Truth said:

I'd just like to know when the mod is finished and released, that its details and download location be on page 1 of this thread vs. whatever page number it winds up on.

Thanks.

I assume your will is good on this one, some may not take it as such... lol

But you can just download it from the download link when it's released. This is just the thread where you may find little things here and there which will be included in the mod.

I know a lot of people are really wanting this released. I just wanted to throw this idea out.

Is it possible to release a basic package now for free. Maybe roster, faces and maybe some other basic things. Then when all the extra high end mods are done you have to donate $10 to get them. That is if they just can be inserted without breaking the basic stuff.

Just an idea.

While im patiently waiting for the release of this mod (thanks to everyone who is contributing) I still have a need to play few mlb 2k12 games everyday but not having a good roster is driving me insane so i slowly started working on my own and I have a question for anyone here who works or has worked with rosters. How do you guys calculate contact ratings for players ? Right now i'm editing the roster (not touching doubles,triples, just contact vs lefties and contact vs righties for players) and im using 2016 stats for each player to look at their average vs LH pitchers and RH pitchers and basically i use .250 avg = 75 contact and 2 points for every .01 after that (so .300 hitter has 85 contact vs X hand) but im not sure if it's at least a decent idea. Any suggestions from roster gurus here?

Also if anyone could suggest a way of rating home run ratings that would be great too.

Archived