MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Thanks for the reply.  I contacted 2K games, and even though they were helpful, they couldn't find a solution.  I saw somewhere that Securom DRM doesn't offer support for Windows 10, which I'm running.  If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the disc version?  I know it's probably off the charts in price, since it's not available anymore.  I should have purchased the disc in the first place..:(

If you tell them you reinstalled your os and now the game won't activate they will give you a Steam key. I did it 2 weeks ago.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Braves2017 said:

If you tell them you reinstalled your os and now the game won't activate they will give you a Steam key. I did it 2 weeks ago.

So I won't need the direct download version? It'll run through Steam?  Because current game doesn't use Steam, I purchased from Amazon.

1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

So I won't need the direct download version? It'll run through Steam?  Because current game doesn't use Steam, I purchased from Amazon.

You will have to perform a clean install. I had the Amazon version and it did this to me. I ran did a virus scan with Malwarebytes (found nothing major) then ran Windows All In One repair tool and it worked again. 

Yes , Do a clean install of the game using  the DL & key from Amazon ,make sure you update to 1.2 to do away with the date change crap.. If it works then add one mod at a time,  run the game after each to see if the mod runs ok. Yes it is a PIA but imho its the easiest way to know which mod does or does not work.

Just uninstalled mine and will wait til release, been adding all of Scottybilly's, MLB, etc faces and Jerseys, etc!

Now the roster file crashes during load....don't know what I did wrong, so I'll just wait til final product and reinstall on steam with fresh files.

Rosters are tricky. If a single team at any level is missing a starting pitcher from their rotation, or a player from the starting lineup, the roster will probably cause the game to crash eventually.  Same thing will happen if any team does not have the minimum number of players. Just use a roster editor to make all the moves/edits you desire and periodically scan all the minor league teams to look for the issues I mentioned.

For the first time I use the Blender program. This is Jose Abreu, which face I made in the Blender program(the first picture). The problem is I can not blender face file to convert  to .cff file. I sent Blender file to Hanny, but he could not convert it either. Does anyone have any idea how to save the job I've spent for 10 hours. When I try to convert a file, Blender tells me the following message(the second picture). Please help meeee.....I want to be a part of new MOD 2017.....

1.png

2.png

There is an error...

3.png

16 hours ago, Braves2017 said:

You will have to perform a clean install. I had the Amazon version and it did this to me. I ran did a virus scan with Malwarebytes (found nothing major) then ran Windows All In One repair tool and it worked again. 

I thought what I've been doing is a clean install?   Deleting the game and reinstalling is not considered a clean install?  Just asking...

21 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Is your OS 64-bit? Because the cyberface converter tool is actually 32-bit.

My windows is 64 bits. Hanny converted the file to .cff and sent me a mail. I brought it without problems to a blender. The problem was when I finished working because I could not export it to the .cff file. I sent a blender file to a hanny but he could not convert it either. Is the problem that I worked in a blender in windows 64 bit?

I'm not logical at all, I can import a .cff file into a blender, I handle it and when I'm finished I can not export it. That blender file also opens windows 7 (64 bit) as well as virtual windows XP ... I just can not export it to .cff. Not one of these two. Do all of you work in Blender program in 32-bit mode?

Archived