MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

should there be a separate thread supporting overlapping issues that refers to other threads about support issues?  :p

I mean, we could just put everything in this one thread. All bets are off!

7 hours ago, Jed said:

For the first time I use the Blender program. This is Jose Abreu, which face I made in the Blender program(the first picture). The problem is I can not blender face file to convert  to .cff file. I sent Blender file to Hanny, but he could not convert it either. Does anyone have any idea how to save the job I've spent for 10 hours. When I try to convert a file, Blender tells me the following message(the second picture). Please help meeee.....I want to be a part of new MOD 2017.....

1.png

Is the first time I see a texture loaded to 3d model in blender, friends I did everything to do that, but I did not succeed.
I installed the CF converter on a virtual machine with windows XP 32 bit, then I converted the .iff file to .cff file and everything okay, but when I opened it in blender I did not see anything, just the blank workspace. Then I thought there was a problem converting .iff to .cff
It seems that cf converter does not work completely with windows xp even though it is 32 bit.
The blender program I tell them there are no compatibility issues regarding OS because blender is multi platform and works on both 32 and 64 bit versions

6 hours ago, DaSteelerz said:

Okay we're seriously starting to overlap issues in this thread. Not being rude but the last two support issues should have their own threads! :D

@DaSteelerz This is a very broad subject and I totally agree with you, I said I was going to make a topic regarding this, but I have not had time because I want to make a comparative of the tools as they work with every cyberface in NBA 2K and MLB 2K .
This problem with the cyberface really needs its own topic in the forum to clarify many doubts.

1 hour ago, Bostonnico said:

@DaSteelerz This is a very broad subject and I totally agree with you, I said I was going to make a topic regarding this, but I have not had time because I want to make a comparative of the tools as they work with every cyberface in NBA 2K and MLB 2K .
This problem with the cyberface really needs its own topic in the forum to clarify many doubts.

It's in your hands, nico

We've heard nothing probably because after the last update, the 'when is it being released' questions went into overdrive. 

It will be released, when it's ready. I'm quite content with doing terribly on OOTP 18 until then :)

No it is not safe to say. Don't make assumptions because there isn't an update posted on a daily basis. Many people are hard at work making this total mod including new people being added to the job,  and finding new discoveries along the way to make it even better than originally planned-hence a delay from the original expected release. You try updating a roster, and every stadium, uniform, equipment, cyberface yourself and see how long it takes you.  :angry:

It's ok. I'll just stop taking care of my daughter and working to provide for my family so these people can play a free amazing baseball game that we put blood sweat and tears into...

I can promise you however that my Bryce Harper CF will be uploaded for download in the next few days.

It's coming everyone. If i could mod full time on this it'd be great but I can't and neither can the other guys. I'm married and have six kids people. Being a Dad is job #1.  When I'm away from home I'm a Gaylord Focker RN. Priorities everyone. Please just be patient. Contrary to what everyone believes were not sitting at home drinking Mountain Dew and smoking weed while modding for hours a day. 

7 hours ago, scottybilly said:

Oh cool! :) Any more you plan to do?

Just getting back into it but I'm up for suggestions. Definitely deGrom and Jaso.

7 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

It's coming everyone. If i could mod full time on this it'd be great but I can't and neither can the other guys. I'm married and have six kids people. Being a Dad is job #1.  When I'm away from home I'm a Gaylord Focker RN. Priorities everyone. Please just be patient. Contrary to what everyone believes were not sitting at home drinking Mountain Dew and smoking weed while modding for hours a day. 

Damn bro...6 huh? I bow down to you sir. Being a Father is the best thing ever though! My daughter plays with an unplugged controller while I mod until she figures out it's not doing anything and gets pissed. She's smart for 18 months!

It is amazing to me how inpatient people are when waiting for your guys' amazing work. If you are not a contributor as a mod , I think you need to sit back and relax and wait for the finished product. I am not a modder but was at one point just trying to put together a spreadsheet listing the players and all of the cyberface id numbers. This is a much easier task than what you guys are doing and even so life, family  and health got in the way in the middle of it and I never completed it.  I am saying this because your number one priority is not modding MLB2K12, yet the work you put in must make it a close second.

Keep up the great work!

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting. - Joyce Meyer

On 5/3/2017 at 8:08 PM, picklebrad said:

It's ok. I'll just stop taking care of my daughter and working to provide for my family so these people can play a free amazing baseball game that we put blood sweat and tears into...

I can promise you however that my Bryce Harper CF will be uploaded for download in the next few days.

I see this and raise you the resignation email I sent my boss to make sure this version update to a 5 year old game that I don't get paid to work on gets uploaded

Yeah. And I will quit being a caregiver for my invalid father, and taking care of my parents' home  while worrying myself sick about my girlfriend, mum's, and grandma's health issues. I'm throwing it all away because I want to create cyberfaces for every player over the next several years instead and release them the nanosecond somebody asks for them.  :unsure:

this is my first time posting. i just became a member not to long ago. You guys rock, i thought for the longest i would not have any baseball to play on pc (i dont own a console and cant justify purchasing one for one game) i greatly appreciate your hard work for this community if i can assist in any way let me know.

34 minutes ago, Magnanimo said:

this is my first time posting. i just became a member not to long ago. You guys rock, i thought for the longest i would not have any baseball to play on pc (i dont own a console and cant justify purchasing one for one game) i greatly appreciate your hard work for this community if i can assist in any way let me know.

Welcome, and nice post. I'm sure most of the modders and people that keep this site viable, appreciate the kind words.

2 hours ago, Magnanimo said:

We spend way too much time answering to idiots (and we give them way more importance and attention than then they deserve) than answering great posts like this. Trust me though, not one post does go unnoticed... If it wasn't clear enough, this mod is alive and well and it will soon be out here. And *and I quote* "I guess it's safe to say" that it will be worth the wait ;)

On 5/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, aceshigh said:

We spend way too much time answering to idiots (and we give them way more importance and attention than then they deserve) than answering great posts like this. Trust me though, not one post does go unnoticed... If it wasn't clear enough, this mod is alive and well and it will soon be out here. And *and I quote* "I guess it's safe to say" that it will be worth the wait ;)

No doubt about that!

I post sparingly over the years, but, you guys who mod this game in your spare time and for no pay , just for the appreciation for the game and all of it's possibilities I say... much thanks!!! You have saved a great game that was just tossed away in this format...again much thanks for providing for my, and  everyone's enjoyment of the game.

Archived