MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

pena1

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, like most others here really appreciate the work y'all are putting into this mod.  And I know it will be ready when it's ready.  It does seem like y'all were really close to release and then decided to go back and do more to it that you wanted to do.  I'm really hoping this comes out soon tho, I'm craving some good baseball and with everything updated to 2017.  Hoping I don't have to go buy a PS4 to get that this year tho.

5 minutes ago, TheWolfof2K said:

If there is any grind work left to do for this mod I'm down to help, just let me know. Don't work too much with blender but otherwise, I'm game. 

HQ advertisements to be used in up-to-date ballparks always needed. I'm not even sure what's left to be done anywhere else tbh

9 minutes ago, DaSteelerz said:

HQ advertisements to be used in up-to-date ballparks always needed. I'm not even sure what's left to be done anywhere else tbh

I'll look into it right now. Anyones y'all have done already or need them all?

19 minutes ago, TheWolfof2K said:

I'll look into it right now. Anyones y'all have done already or need them all?

Teams I don't need: Rangers, Mets, Braves, Tigers, Red Sox

Teams I need soon: Cards, M's, Blue Jays

anything really

2 hours ago, DaSteelerz said:

Teams I don't need: Rangers, Mets, Braves, Tigers, Red Sox

Teams I need soon: Cards, M's, Blue Jays

anything really

I am a big Cardinal fan and watch many of their games on TV.  What exactly are you needing?  Send me a message if there is any research I can do.  I am not talented enough to edit anything but if you need images i can try to find things for you, just let me know.

31 minutes ago, Spike_Spunk said:

I am a big Cardinal fan and watch many of their games on TV.  What exactly are you needing?  Send me a message if there is any research I can do.  I am not talented enough to edit anything but if you need images i can try to find things for you, just let me know.

Just any pictures of stadiums this year can be sent to my inbox.. If anyone feels froggy you can google image search *hi res* ads that match what's in the park. I'd be happy to import them and give credit where its due!

Great work, guys. That said, will MLB 2k17 include SunTrust Park? I can't find one made already seeing as it's still brand new, but I saw it recently watching the Cards game and it's pretty great. I wanna hit one in the Chophouse like Matt Carpenter! lmao

Also, perhaps this should have its own topic, but I was wondering if anyone knows why the game does these two things and if its fixable?

1. The game simming errors in myplayer mode without even letting you field it. I have a .990 fielding percentage in June with maxed fielding... I have yet to commit any errors myself.

2. Homerun distance seeming really low. I don't think I've EVER hit a ball over 430 feet according to the popup. However, I have maxed power and the sliders all the way up. I have hit some nearly out of Wrigley before and definitely into the streets in left field. But the most the game ever calls it is 420ft. I hit a 228ft homerun off the foul pole in Minute Maid the other day which makes me suspicious about whether HR distance is accurate at all, or if fly balls are just neutered in this game. I wanna hit BOMBS, man! And if this stuff isn't true, any reason why I can't hit 450+ ft bombs?

SunTrust Park will be included in the total mod. Home run distances are a joke but there is no feasible way to change that despite maxing out on power/hitting sliders.

Unfortunately, simming any games in any mode will cause unrealistic and unfortunate things to occur and there is no way to fix it. If you were playing a franchise and simmed every game until the end of the season, you will likely see quite a few key players having unrealistic statistics despite how well you adjusted player ratings/attributes.

25 minutes ago, Viper652 said:

Anyone have an idea on the best case scenario on this mod being finished? At the end of May?

Honestly, don't bother asking. It will be ready when it's ready. They aren't more likely to give some sort of release date after every time someone asks when it's coming. 

Short answer, I don't know and the mod developers probably don't know either. I understand many people are interested in this mod including myself but let's just let them get to work. It would honestly be nice if we had no more posts asking when it's coming and to stay relevant to discussing the mod's development. 

Spring weather, cutting grass, mlb network, a fresh can...I got that itch. Keep it up guys. Where would us pc guys be without your efforts? Thanks for all you are doing and for being so responsive. I generally check this out a few times a week and your responses are very appreciated!

Archived