Jump to content
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Yankee4Life

Installing mods for newcomers to Mvpmods

Recommended Posts

Hopefully this little tutorial will be of use to some of the new people who join our website. It covers the basics on what to do. One thing I want to point out is that not every mod here has a readme file and that is probably for one of two reasons. Either the modder didn't think that the mod needed one to begin with or that he forgot to put it in. Some of the readme's for the mods are in the file description page where you download the mod. I grabbed this mod from BallFour for a reason. He included the readme in the file description page and in the mod itself.

Ok, let's get the mod and install it in our game.

 

The mod I used for this example was BallFour's Utica Blue Sox Custom Uniforms.

1.jpg.6bdd76bce509d1e7b8d72a71853a8766.jpg

And this is what you'll find in the mod.

2.thumb.jpg.4d36a1e7b4b675133f2dfeda2db22991.jpg

Before you do anything else you must download the TiT program. This will install the mod for you in your game. You can download the Total Installer Thingy right here. Place the TiT program AND the mod (do not uncompress it) in the Mvp 2005 directory and run TiT.

3.thumb.jpg.b9a6a9a25ef47beb726925d8b1cfb317.jpg

You now have BallFour's Utica Blue Sox uniforms in your game. Remember this is a minor league uniform and you will not see it in any major league team slot.

Take your time and enjoy the mods.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice tutorial.  It should be said that sometimes a mod is simply installed by substituting the existing file in place, like a datafile.txt (which modifies various things like camera angles, game play behavior, etc.) and rosters (which are typically best installed by first deleting the existing 19 .dat files found in the database subfolder and then simply unzipping to that same location.

Thanks Y4L!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Very nice tutorial.  It should be said that sometimes a mod is simply installed by substituting the existing file in place, like a datafile.txt (which modifies various things like camera angles, game play behavior, etc.) and rosters (which are typically best installed by first deleting the existing 19 .dat files found in the database subfolder and then simply unzipping to that same location.

Thanks Y4L!

Now that's true. And I'll add that is exactly what you tell people to do each time you release another update to your series of rosters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I was having a hard time installing Ballfour's unis . I didn't know both TiT and the mod had to be inside the Mvp2005 folder. That should resolve it.

  I was afraid to ask for help while Y4L's Yanks were in a slump by fear of being ostracized from this website but he seems quite cheerful at the moment.  Although I am far from being a Yankees fan, I will certainly root for them if you keep posting these helpful tutorials...

  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Schordese said:

Thanks guys. I was having a hard time installing Ballfour's unis . I didn't know both TiT and the mod had to be inside the Mvp2005 folder. That should resolve it.

 

Well that was the purpose of this and I am glad it helped you.

 

1 hour ago, Schordese said:

I was afraid to ask for help while Y4L's Yanks were in a slump by fear of being ostracized from this website but he seems quite cheerful at the moment.  Although I am far from being a Yankees fan, I will certainly root for them if you keep posting these helpful tutorials...

Um, yeah. Ok. :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha Gordo your avatar was the inspiration to mine. This is the "Kentucky Kid" from Montreal, Qc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any steps after unzipping those files?  The new rosters aren't loading..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pram75 said:

Are there any steps after unzipping those files?  The new rosters aren't loading..

 

If you are trying to use the new rosters then you did not bother to read the directions that was provided in the mod. Please go back one more time to re-read what you need to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pram75 said:

Are there any steps after unzipping those files?  The new rosters aren't loading..

 

Make sure you're deleting the existing 19 .dat files first.  If you're not sure what/where dat file are, search your main folder for ".dat".   Then, unzip the rosters to that same area.  This becomes your base (default) roster.  It will not work with the basic MVP 2005 install.  The game will typically not work with Windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I have read and followed the steps, deleting the 19 .dat files (leaving the 3 BIG files and the one csv file).  Then I unzipped all the files from the folder I downloaded from this post.  I'm currently running MVP 15 and running on Windows 8.1.  The game launches fine but it's as if I didn't do anything to the config since I still have the old rosters (Arrieta on Cubs).  That's why I was asking if there were any steps after words because it seems like it's not taking.  I appreciate all that you do on here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you will all appreciate this piece of MacGuvyering around.  For some reason when I ran the .exe as administrator, it would load the game as MVP 05, not MVP 15, but had all the new rosters from your latest end of April roster file.  So i saved the roster and launched MVP 15 and now can load the roster but unfortunately the base roster is still stuck in end of 2014.  Close enough I guess lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but you are doing something wrong. What it is I don't know. But other people have not had problems loading up Gordo's rosters and I am talking about on any operating system with the exception of Windows 10, which does not like Mvp 2005.

 

I follow his instructions and they work for me in XP, Vista and Windows 7.

 

You should have made a new thread detailing your problem with the rosters. This thread is about installing mods for new people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pram75 said:

I think you will all appreciate this piece of MacGuvyering around.  For some reason when I ran the .exe as administrator, it would load the game as MVP 05, not MVP 15, but had all the new rosters from your latest end of April roster file.  So i saved the roster and launched MVP 15 and now can load the roster but unfortunately the base roster is still stuck in end of 2014.  Close enough I guess lol

 

1. How many installs of the game do you have?

2. If more than one, where did you load the rosters?

3. What does "stuck in end of 2014" mean?

4.  Not sure if there are problems with W8 and the game or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...