I can't run any mod I install

MrWizzle

Hi guys, I recently got my copy of MVP 05 back out and decided to try some total conversion mods. I have tried both MVP 12 and MVP 15, and both do the same. I extract the 7z, and install the explodeme. They load up, but if I try to start a game the game loading bar gets about half way and crashes, and if I try to edit a player, the game instantly freezes and crashes (both of the mods). I have used fresh vanilla installs multiple times, with patch #5 installed each time. Anything I can do? Honestly, with all this frustration I would just be happy with a simple save file with updated rosters for vanilla MVP05, but I can't find any. 

13 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

Have you tried the 4GB patch?  I posted this a while back but it seems to solve most issues like you are experiencing.  Good luck!

I'll give this a try! Thanks

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What are your system specs - OS, graphics card, RAM, etc.?

W10 laptop. 8 gb ram, Geforce 940 graphics card. Definitely should be able to handle the game.

It's powerful enough, however, the problem is most likely Windows 10.  There have been a lot of problems getting the game to run on this OS.  There is a whole thread dedicated to trying to get MVP2005 to run on Windows 10:

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What are your system specs - OS, graphics card, RAM, etc.?

W10 laptop. 8 gb ram, Geforce 940 graphics card. Definitely should be able to handle the game.

13 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

Have you tried the 4GB patch?  I posted this a while back but it seems to solve most issues like you are experiencing.  Good luck!

Update: patch didn't work :-( thanks for the idea though!

2 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

It's powerful enough, however, the problem is most likely Windows 10.  There have been a lot of problems getting the game to run on this OS.  There is a whole thread dedicated to trying to get MVP2005 to run on Windows 10:

I can get the game itself to run fine. (been biding my time playing the practice modes) so I don't think it's due to W10? 

Archived