Playing MVP Baseball 2005 with 2015 rosters

Jakob47

Hello,

I'm once again stunned by the modders here and all their knowledge about everything. The slightest problem you have can be solved if you dig deep enough in the forums, and that's amazing. But now I've stumbled upon a problem that I can't find the answer to.

I recently got MVP baseball 15 up and running, after hours of work, but I wasn't satisfied with the overlay, pitching meter and mechanics but I really loved the roster. So I tried to download several 2015 rosters with no success...

I deleted my old .dat files and replaced them with the new ones. I tried using TiT to extract the files. After that I start the game, the rosters are correct, even though everyone's missing their picture, but after loading the game it crashes halfway. 

I've upgraded the mvp file to 4 GB, tried every admin/compatibility mode checked and unchecked read only but I can't get it to work. 

I figured it might have something to do with cyberfaces but I tried to use someone's cyberface for 2015 but that didn't make any difference and no photos were shown anyway.

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I can play the original 2005, the TC 2015 and the TC 1974 mod with no problems at all.

My specs are: Win 10 (which shouldn't be the problem since all the other versions work), gtx 1080, Intel i7-6700 4Ghx, 16 ram, 64 bit. If you need more info just ask.

Thanks again for the help!

You're playing the 2005 version with highly mismatched and missing cyberfaces from the 2015 roster.  About the only thing I know you can do is comb through the roster and make a "standard" version, meaning you change all of the custom cyber face numbers to between 901-915.

I suppose the other thing you could do is attempt to instead get all of the cyberface updates you can from around that time frame and install them piece by piece to see if it keeps from crashing.

Hey Gordo and thanks for the fast reply!

I don't really understand what your solutions are, can you clarify?

Also, how else does people use the 2015 rosters if not like this? I mean there has to be more players like me that want the original game feeling but just new rosters? Or is that not possible?

He is saying that you should edit the rosters with MVPEdit (available in the Downloads section)  and change the face numbers to generic faces, in the range 901 - 915.  The game will crash if a player is assugned a face that is not in the models.big file. 

You can't just drop 2015 rosters in the default game and expect them to work. As new players have been added to the rosters over the past 12 years, new cyberfaces have been created for many of these players. Roster makers have assigned these new cyberfaces to their rosters to try to add realism. 

Well, since custom faces rely on cyberface ID numbers below 901, for some reason older cyberfaces that don't match are eventually going to cause the game to crash (cyberfaces are located in the models.big file)  --- Jim has more insights to all of this since he is a master classics roster/total mod maker.

So to recap, method 1 -- Change cyberfaces to 901-915 in mvpedit in the latest roster

Method 2 -- don't change the cyberfaces, but download and install just about every cyberface you can find in the downloads area from about 2007 on up. 

Method 3 -- another thing that occurred to me is you can do a second install of the game and install MVP 2015, then move the models.big file from that to your 2005 folder. Of course install the latest roster as well.  Not sure overall if that will work though.

Archived