Controlling slides with analog not right??

A_Dub

Ok I have the ps2 converter and when I try to do the user slides with the right analog stick they dont do the correct slides all the time. Ex. When I steal second and what to do a head first slide to the right side of the bag and push the analog stick the way it should go up and right and the runner will often times do a foot first and other different slides. I was wondering if it ws the coding in the game may be messed up or what? Anybody else having these problems??

I've got the PS converter also and have the same problem. The directions just aren't mapped out correct.

If you want to steal a bag and want to slide head first facing the outfield, you have to go down and left of the analog stick. From my experience, left on the stick is up, right on the stick is down, down on the stick is left, and up on the stick is right.

It's confusing at first but now I don't have a problem with it, and I can slide whatever direction I want without thinking.

If you want to steal a bag and want to slide head first facing the outfield, you have to go down and left of the analog stick. From my experience, left on the stick is up, right on the stick is down, down on the stick is left, and up on the stick is right.

I can fix this. Open up your controller.cfg file in My Docs/MVP 2005

Look for the lines:

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis-

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis-

Let me know what they say.

More than likely, this is the code you'll need to change it to.

Mine is...

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 4

I copied someone's controller.cfg file from off the forums to fix a problem I was having with the pitching controls.

Try changing it what I had listed in that other thread:

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 3

Hmm... I'm starting to think it might not be user error anymore. I'm almost positive I pressed UP-RIGHT and I did a feet first slide into second... costing me another stolen base. It's strange though because UP works for head first and UP-LEFT works for the hook left slide.

Peter5897, same thing is happening with me too.

Up+Right = Feet first slide

Up+Left = Head first slide

Down+Right = Feet first slide

Down+Left = Head first slide

Here are my .cfg settings

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_RIGHT= axis- 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_LEFT= axis+ 3

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_UP= axis+ 4

VPAD_VIRTUAL_BUTTON_R_STICK_DOWN= axis- 4

are you kidding me, Ive sat there and looked at your post many times thinking my setup was the same and even compared, and still thought it was same.

Im an idiot, but now Im going to go see if it works. Thanks Five

EDIT: works fine now, :oops: cant believe i didnt notice that.

So this should fix the big play control for defense, too, right? Every time I tried to dive to the left or right, I'd slide or something. Also, how do you jump? I am having short liners fly over my head and home runs leaving the field when I have an opportunity to snag them. I accidentally knocked Sosa out with an MCL sprain in an exhibition by diving into the wall.

Archived