MVP17 Player salaries

Schordese

Gordo, (or anyone!) Is there a reason why player salaries/contracts are not current under the new rosters ? For instance, the base salary for players should be in the upper 500Ks, but most rooks are at 100K.  I'm assuming they are relative to 2005 salaries due to limitations in altering the team budgets to current payrolls. I know there was a thread about increasing the team budget (changing the value in one of the data files, can't remember which one but I do recall not being successful in doing so.   I understand this can be modifed with MVP Editor but wondering if it was not done due to modding limitations.

The reason I ask is because player happiness affects performance in both sim/play modes, and most players start the season with angry frowns rather than smileys. :angry:

Forgive me if these questions have already been answered in a previous thread, the search function is a little quirky.

Regards

LOL !   I know, please, I was not implying and certainly not criticizing your awesome work. 

I was just wondering because some contracts are  accurate and some were fictionnal. 

So I guess what you are saying is yes, it can be done ( or , do it yourself you lazy bum! )

:p

Thanks 

While I got you on this thread Gordo, maybe you can answer this one for me. Do HOT/COLD batter zones change during the course of a season ?

I have yet to see any zone change color over the course of multiple seasons, at least in human controlled games (not simmed). It's a shame because you don't seem to get rewarded for your efforts (or punished for your suckage) at the plate, especially on very hard gameplay settings.

Archived