Wrigley Field ivy rule simulated?

JoshDM

Hello, I'm trying to identify video games which have the Wrigley Field ivy rule instituted.  I recently witnessed this happen in real life and was very curious to find out if any baseball video games simulate this stadium-specific rule.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum; my question has already been determined off-topic by StackExchange (both the Video Games and Sports forums) as well as AskReddit.  Currently also asking on the /r/baseball in Reddit, where someone mentioned the MVP05 game, which led me here.  I found one ancient forum post here about it from 2005, but it didn't seem to be definitive.  Thanks.

Are there other baseball video games that simulate it, or just MVP05?

From the other post I read here about it, it seemed like the ivy rule for MVP just happens when the ball lands in a specific area.  Is it constant, or is there a chance?  What's the chance, is it a flat percentage, or based on various factors like velocity at time of impact?

You're asking some things here that are probably out of the scope of some.  I'm sure there are The Show and 2K players here, but past games are unknown.  The bottom line it comes down to is how is the game coded.  Not sure how we could answer the percentage factor.

Regarding the game mechanics, based on this forum, I didn't know how far the MVP05 source was exposed or configurable.  Sort of assumed the whole source code was exposed and not just a select amount for reskinning and altering.

Figured if you could alter skins and players, there might be some sort of file that represents the different stadiums and therefore the different stadium mechanics. In that sense, for example, if Citi Field grew ivy, you could flip the "has ivy" switch for that field and set an appropriate "chance of being caught in ivy" factor.

Archived