installing faces

bigtruck

Blank face?  Never heard of that.  Faces are best installed with a tool called Total Installer Thingy (TiT).   Install it and/or place it in the main folder of your MVP folder within you are wanting to mod.  Place the zip file for the cyberface you are wanting to add to the game.  Run TiT and point it to the cyberface file.

My rosters effort to assign the correct, official face ID to the player.  IF the cyberface you are wanting to add happens to NOT have that same numbers (on the 3 files contained with the zip), it will not show up correctly.  You need to make sure those numbers are changed to the correct ID.  You can either see that correct ID by opening up the roster within MVPedit or get the ID list in the corresponding thread.

Managed to get Eric Thames' cyberface on your latest roster Gordo, using MVPEdit (and a lot of rummaging through previous threads from Jim and others modders) and of course a great deal of your help as always. Now that I'm more familiar with all the available tools, I might attempt to do a few cyberfaces (...yikes)

While we're on this topic, my cyberfaces are not showing up in MVPEdit.  Is it because the the current roster exceeds it CF capacity or is it just me ? I don't want to beat a dead horse cause I know this has been previously addressed but couldn't find a definite answer through all the threads.  I have both "show player portraits/show player faces" box checked under the options tab and my root directory is also correct. 

Is it possible I am not getting any image because my MVP17 is installed in C:\MVP17 rather than C:\Program Files (x86)\EA SPORTS\MVP17 ? 

Another thing, when you initially boot up MVPEdit, to view the roster, I have to import the .dat files from the database folder, but I noticed you have yours set on the data folder, which contains the models.big and all the photos I believe. That's probably what I am doing wrong.

You can import the .dat file from anywhere you put rosters.  It's not that picky.  You can then save it as anything you want and put the .mbe file (the file MVPedit reads) anywhere.  It's just that the program has default areas it looks towards.

As far as your first question, no, that should not matter.  It's pointing it to the proper "data" subfolder that matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gordo, my name is Jonathan. I searched around in a lot of forums but still can't fin the answer to my question. I am having problems with the cyberface and faces installation. The problem is: the new portrait does not show up in the game! I am using MVP 15 Mod.

My game is installed in C:/ Program Files x86, the TiT and the .rar file are in the same folder as the MVP installation. I open up TiT, select the appropriate file (example the file containing Greg Holland's portrait with Colorado), it loads as I see the multiple color installation screens + the status bar. No error message is given to me and everything seems all right. The player ID 6624 is the same as the one in MVPedit. However, when I open up the game, Holland's old KC portrait still shows up. The same goes for every other installation that I've tried to do. What am I doing wrong lol?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Archived