VGS Network

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DaSteelerz said:

Cool. Who is "we"?

we is us lol

-vgsnetwork

this is just an update pack tho. So we got all the cyberface updates from here and your stadiums of course. but everything else we've created. just trying to give us all a solid 2k17 to play before seasons over. 

8 hours ago, VGS Network said:

this is just an update pack tho. So we got all the cyberface updates from here and your stadiums of course. but everything else we've created. just trying to give us all a solid 2k17 to play before seasons over. 

It is customary to go to the modder or modders in this case to ask them permission to use their work. Was this done?

Why didnt you chime in the 2K17 thread when it was open? We have already covered about 90% of a total mod, what we needed leg work with was the roster. If we had more help back then we would have been able to release our work in one pack instead of releasing it bit by bit like it's been done now.

58 minutes ago, tomk30816 said:

Guys let this person(s) do his update.  Continued criticism will get us what we already have....................nothing.

Why should any of the modders who's work he intends to bundle up together along with his stuff with or without their permission go ahead and let him do his thing without speaking up?  He made an announcement and video and admitted that at least some of the work isn't his own, but wasn't specific. And he hasn't asked any of the modders permission for anything he intends to use as far as I know.  Of course I'm going to be critical of an individual or group of individuals that feel that anything posted on a website is free game and free to share elsewhere, or the nerve to bundle it together to repost here like he's doing a big favor. And what do you mean that what we already have is nothing? Are you implying that nothing has been released by any of the contributors of the total mod thus far, or won't be in the near future?

I'm saying that the people here were strung along for a period of time that a total mod was coming along nicely, after the fact that it was pretty much dead in the water.  Then finally one of them spoke up and said it wasn't happening as was expected.   A total mod was to be released and  what we supposedly are getting are pieces of it.   You want to be critical, so be it, you have contributed almost daily.  I'm saying that hopefully VGS will give credit where it is due.  I don't know who all the people that were involved in the mod and I doubt VGS does  or anyone else except the modders.  

I won't hijack this thread anymore but, nobody was strung along. The intent was always their from the beginning, and all the contributing modders for the project worked their asses off from day 1 of the announcement. I don't have all the details, but life does get in the way as it always does for every individual, so communication wasn't in the forefront of every contributor's minds.  Now some are are left to piece together what was finished, and near completion to post here. If there is to be an endeavor like this or something similar in the future , I sincerely hope there will be more people to contribute. 

As far as VGS and his crew, as long as they get proper permission from every modder who's work he intends to bundle together along with his stuff, I see no issues. But he shouldn't have made the announcement or shown a preview first. And I would like to see specifically what is actually original work and enhances the gaming experience.

we is us lol

-vgsnetwork

Really?

Ok so "MVPmods 2k17 total mod" only needs work on the roster to come out and these guy (*guys?) has that, why don't you contribute that work with the guys from this forum so that the original mod that we've been waiting and drooling for comes out? I feel like instead of helping the community you fooled yourself if you're going to release content without approval from the original creators.

The best thing "VGS" could do right now is to contribute the roster to the MVP guys. Nice trailer btw.

So clearly i'm one person. There's not 5 other people typing with me right now lol. but VGS "Network" essentially is a "Network". A network would happen to use the pronoun "We". Now if you would not like to be apart of the project that's fine, you're sacredly modded* work will not be used. For everyone else that would like to help create MLB 2K17 like we stated above; we want to make this happen and would love any help from the community and yes obviously before we release* anybody elses files they would be contacted appropiately. 

Clearly you are one person speaking for yourself and not anybody else. The timing of your mod announcement is impeccable coming from a new user one week in, and considering that the mlb 2k17 total mod preview thread was closed one day after you joined. I'm surprised it took you only 8 days to announce that you and others are essentially planning to utilize the mods here and to work on and release pretty much the same type of content that has already been posted recently. The mods in that other project are slowly starting to trickle out individually now. That project was being worked on already for months until it had to be downgraded recently to separate releases instead. I wouldn't of said a word about your idea if you had bothered to ask any modders here to include their work in your 2K17 update Before you made an announcement and posted a video. And your "sacredly modded work" comment whether it was directed at me or at other modders isn't going to help to get you support from anybody that's been here for a lot longer than a week.

2 hours ago, scottybilly said:

Clearly you are one person speaking for yourself and not anybody else. The timing of your mod announcement is impeccable coming from a new user one week in, and considering that the mlb 2k17 total mod preview thread was closed one day after you joined. I'm surprised it took you only 8 days to announce that you and others are essentially planning to utilize the mods here and to work on and release pretty much the same type of content that has already been posted recently. The mods in that other project are slowly starting to trickle out individually now. That project was being worked on already for months until it had to be downgraded recently to separate releases instead. I wouldn't of said a word about your idea if you had bothered to ask any modders here to include their work in your 2K17 update Before you made an announcement and posted a video. And your "sacredly modded work" comment whether it was directed at me or at other modders isn't going to help to get you support from anybody that's been here for a lot longer than a week.

alright. cool.

you can make the mod.

Archived