VGS Network | MLB 2K17 Trailer

VGS Network

VGS Network, I think it's important to note, is the work in this mod comprised of previously released work?

I personally doesn't have an issue with using anyone's previously released work for your project, as long as you understand that if you're modifying previously released work as a base, credit the modder who released it. Not doing this looks bad upon the community and the modders who actively work on this game over the course of a year.

At the end of the day, all I'd like to see is that your team doesn't call it their work unless it's directly modified from the stock vanilla version of MLB2K12.

That said, I think the trailer video is pretty rad with some exceptions (D'Backs never wear pinstripes), and although it makes sense to combine the efforts of what we've made so far with the MLB 2K17 project with this one, I know everyone runs their own race.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize for my attitude.  I just think this announcement of his was in bad form. This isn't the first time that we have seen something like this. Anybody that's been here for a long time knows what I am referring to. Being that he is a newer user and had this idea, it would have been better before any kind of announcement, if he just communicated individually with the modders whos work he wanted to incorporate, or offer his own help to attempt to complete the other project. While his idea wasn't a bad one, and the trailer was nice, it still felt like a slap to the face to those who were contributing to the total mod. Again I apologize. Rant over  :D

So months back someone decided to hi-jack all the modders, who do great work, to make some supper mod. A mod that was to much. Had this supper mod not been thought of we would probably have a good roster now that everyone can use, guys who make great stadiums would've put new ones out this year and so on with other mods. Someone tries to save the game with what is available  and you guys bash him for it, but can't take being bashed for screwing up in the first place with some supper mod. Yes life gets in the way. That's why trying to do this in a few months was crazy.

So to who ever decided a supper mod was a great idea thank you for taking up the time of all the modders and basically ending MLB 2k this year. I'm sure I will get bashed myself for this, but I am just standing up for someone who seems to be trying and save the game for this year.

19 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

I apologize for my attitude.  I just think this announcement of his was in bad form. This isn't the first time that we have seen something like this. Anybody that's been here for a long time knows what I am referring to. Being that he is a newer user and had this idea, it would have been better before any kind of announcement, if he just communicated individually with the modders whos work he wanted to incorporate, or offer his own help to attempt to complete the other project. While his idea wasn't a bad one, and the trailer was nice, it still felt like a slap to the face to those who were contributing to the total mod. Again I apologize. Rant over  :D

I don't believe you have anything to apologize for. The guy is going to release a mod not based on his work but the work you guys already have done. Big deal. It would be like me repackaging something like the 2007 total conversion mod for Mvp and removing the throwback uniforms that came with the game and substituting the ones that were made by individual modders here or taking uniforms from other classic mods and putting them in that mod. Presto, chango! A whole new 2007 mod and I hardly had to lift a finger. I don't think so. As you said, this announcement was in bad form. And that is putting it mildly.

14 minutes ago, NeosPC said:

So months back someone decided to hi-jack all the modders, who do great work, to make some supper mod. A mod that was to much. Had this supper mod not been thought of we would probably have a good roster now that everyone can use, guys who make great stadiums would've put new ones out this year and so on with other mods. Someone tries to save the game with what is available  and you guys bash him for it, but can't take being bashed for screwing up in the first place with some supper mod. Yes life gets in the way. That's why trying to do this in a few months was crazy.

So to who ever decided a supper mod was a great idea thank you for taking up the time of all the modders and basically ending MLB 2k this year. I'm sure I will get bashed myself for this, but I am just standing up for someone who seems to be trying and save the game for this year.

What the **** is a supper mod?

16 minutes ago, NeosPC said:

"can't take being bashed for screwing up in the first place"

Because the mod couldn't get completed, you blame the modders for "screwing up"?  :facepalm:

And then you blame the modding team for monopolizing the time of the modders and thus preventing them from releasing separate mods for MLB2K???  :blink:

Let me look through the MLB2K17 thread to find where you or anyone else tried talking the modders out of creating a 2K17 mod because you felt like it was monopolizing their time.  I do not own MLB2K nor do I create mods for it, so I have no stake in this discussion other than as an observer.  As an MVP2005 modder, however, I can understand and relate to scottybilly's point of view.

I believe that the way that this new mod was presented is the real issue here, and not the mod itself.  If the end result is a mod that will satisfy the MLB2K gamers, that's great.  The steps leading up to the announcement of the mod should have been thought through a little better.  I guarantee that it would have gotten a much better reception from the modders who have already spent months working  on enhancements for MLB2K.

2 hours ago, NeosPC said:

Man, I should have quit my real life job that pays me real life money to sustain myself so that I can fully commit 9 to 5 to mod a 5-year-old game for free especially when my real life job asked me to commit more time towards their IT projects, with financial compensation for my time and effort.

I couldn't have said it better. @Jim825 Yes it should have been presented differently, maybe not announced at all. But i'm having a hard time feeling guilty here. Who really sacrificed and spent precious time? The modders. The contributors. So if I'm supposed to feel bad because someone got upset that the "mod is late" or "now I have to mod this piece by piece because i want ALL IN ONE to save ME - the downloader - time", I couldn't care less. For the ones who understand - the people who are rational and sane - I apologize. But you already understand. And I appreciate you all...

There are many factors about how we got here. Lack of help, lack of interest from the community, life things. Bad attitudes from users. Nothing is fun about working so hard on something just to check back and see people complaining about a free mod not being released. It's a bit disheartening when that's what you think of when you're busting ass. That's just my opinion.

There are complainers and then there are those who take the time to learn how to mod and/or contribute. Most of this is directed at a certain crowd like NeosPC and not particularly toward the OP.

Can someone explain to me how tomk30816 is a "contributor"? I can't recall him contributing anything other than negative comments.

I plan to release all the content that I have worked on for fun, but some of these threads have killed any joy and excitement that comes with creating a better game. Maybe in the future I will be selfish and just mod my own damn game for my own damn pleasure.

15 minutes ago, picklebrad said:

Can someone explain to me how tomk30816 is a "contributor"? I can't recall him contributing anything other than negative comments.

I plan to release all the content that I have worked on for fun, but some of these threads have killed any joy and excitement that comes with creating a better game. Maybe in the future I will be selfish and just mod my own damn game for my own damn pleasure.

Tomk30816 contributes monetarily to this website  and help out with questions that others have with the game.  If I knew how to do modding I would contribute there.  I have learned how to make portraits.  You obviously don't come around very often except to add an occasional mod.  If free speech offends you as seems to be the norm in the political arena, maybe we can set up a safe space somewhere on the site. 

Everyone...as of now, because of this thread, the impatient, unappreciative leaches, and my personal life being far more important than the satisfaction of these trolls, I resign as a modder of this site. I will still remain a member and frequently see what's going on but they have all single handedly ruined modding for myself and my colleagues. Be sure to thank them...I'm out.

5 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Everyone...as of now, because of this thread, the impatient, unappreciative leaches, and my personal life being far more important than the satisfaction of these trolls, I resign as a modder of this site. I will still remain a member and frequently see what's going on but they have all single handedly ruined modding for myself and my colleagues. Be sure to thank them...I'm out.

Well this isn't good news but at the same time it's something I can understand. A person can only take so much. Thank you for all you have done.

To all the modders, I and many others have thanked you time and again for your mods, your time and effort to improve this game we all love.   I did not intend to upset anyone on this site.  As I stated previously, I'm a "lurker" for the most part.  Never once during the work being done for the complete mod, did I ever ask any questions, patiently and quietly waited like most.  My only negative comments came out after the disappointing news that the complete mod had stalled out.  Even then it was a comment that I felt that this news could have come out sooner.  The only other so called "negative" comment I made was in response to people being at times hostile towards questions that I thought were asked in a innocent nature.   Sure there were some real asshats that were being obnoxious and they deservedly so got blasted.   My intentions were to comment as a third person's point of view.  I do/did take exception to picklebrad accusing me of being a troublemaker, that I am not!  I don't have the technical skills to do what many modders are excellent at, so I try to help out by answering or assisting with questions and I do contribute monetarily as finances permit.   I hope that the modders continue to make mods to enhance this game in many different ways and I hope that picklebrad will continue to do his cyberfaces, he is an important part of this site as are all the modders.  I will slip back into my "lurking"  Peace, compassion and understanding. 

1 hour ago, tomk30816 said:

To all the modders, I and many others have thanked you time and again for your mods, your time and effort to improve this game we all love.   I did not intend to upset anyone on this site.  As I stated previously, I'm a "lurker" for the most part.  Never once during the work being done for the complete mod, did I ever ask any questions, patiently and quietly waited like most.  My only negative comments came out after the disappointing news that the complete mod had stalled out.  Even then it was a comment that I felt that this news could have come out sooner.  The only other so called "negative" comment I made was in response to people being at times hostile towards questions that I thought were asked in a innocent nature.   Sure there were some real asshats that were being obnoxious and they deservedly so got blasted.   My intentions were to comment as a third person's point of view.  I do/did take exception to picklebrad accusing me of being a troublemaker, that I am not!  I don't have the technical skills to do what many modders are excellent at, so I try to help out by answering or assisting with questions and I do contribute monetarily as finances permit.   I hope that the modders continue to make mods to enhance this game in many different ways and I hope that picklebrad will continue to do his cyberfaces, he is an important part of this site as are all the modders.  I will slip back into my "lurking"  Peace, compassion and understanding. 

My intention wasn't to call you a "trouble maker". It's just frustrating creating something for someone else's enjoyment for free and they get all upset and angry that it is either delayed or cancelled. Most of the modders that worked on MLB 2K17 have agreed to release their work separately, just not in one complete package. I had a really rough day yesterday and found out some horrible news about my father and I guess I lashed out and I am sorry. 

If you take the individual mods that everyone will submit and install them, the members of this site will get a very solid 2K17 experience. 

I will continue to do my Cyberfaces because I love doing them. Be on the lookout for Rizzo and Goldschmidt soon and as always, GOD bless.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:52 AM, Yankee4Life said:

I don't believe you have anything to apologize for. The guy is going to release a mod not based on his work but the work you guys already have done. Big deal. It would be like me repackaging something like the 2007 total conversion mod for Mvp and removing the throwback uniforms that came with the game and substituting the ones that were made by individual modders here or taking uniforms from other classic mods and putting them in that mod. Presto, chango! A whole new 2007 mod and I hardly had to lift a finger. I don't think so. As you said, this announcement was in bad form. And that is putting it mildly.

What the **** is a supper mod?

I believe he mean't ' Super' .

Unless anyone has expressed interest privately with TSG to contribute/help him with his idea, perhaps this thread should be closed now?  It turned into a big issue for many, and I feel like I should never have called him out and just ignored it, but my intentions were good for the integrity of those that were working on the total mod project.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:16 PM, scottybilly said:

Unless anyone has expressed interest privately with TSG to contribute/help him with his idea, perhaps this thread should be closed now?  It turned into a big issue for many, and I feel like I should never have called him out and just ignored it, but my intentions were good for the integrity of those that were working on the total mod project.

I'm content with closing it. I'm just going to upload my mods in my own time. If people want to download them, so be it. If now, oh well.

Archived