The community asks: Will the mod 2017 come out?

IBRAH2016

Many in the community are wondering if the mod will finally come out, it's been almost 6 months since it was announced and many of us have read the problems they've had.

It would be very helpful, that this topic works to clear doubts.

We hope that the creators of the mod will answer these simple questions:

Even the mod will be released?
The mod is still in process, what is the percentage of work completed?
How much time is still missing?

Oh boy..  :facepalm:  I believe it was already publically confirmed that the MLB 2K17 Total Mod project was shut down for reasons the contributors will need to choose whether to clarify or not, and what has actually been completed will be posted at each contributors's convenience. What may or may not be apparent is the fact that many mods that were to be included in the total mod were being posted by myself and other contributors separately already. The biggest holdup has been and will continue to be a strong roster that is franchise compatible and has no issues that cause the game to crash. Folks, sometimes life gets in the way: Families, jobs, drama, modding burnout. And not everybody is going to be so open about why they chose to stop doing something that was so strongly anticipated by others. I myself have major multiple family traumas going on concurrently that hamper my efforts to try to get decent cyberfaces made for every player, team by team.

25 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Oh chico ..  :facepalm:  Creo que ya se confirmó públicamente que el proyecto de MLB 2K17 total Mod fue cerrada por razones de los contribuyentes tendrán que elegir si desea aclarar o no, y lo que realmente se ha completado se publicará según la conveniencia de cada colaboradores. Lo que puede o puede no ser evidente es el hecho de que muchos mods que iban a ser incluidos en el total de la MOD estaban siendo publicado por mí y otros colaboradores ya por separado. El mayor atraco ha sido y seguirá siendo un plantel fuerte, que es compatible con la franquicia y no tiene problemas que hacen que el juego se bloquee. La gente, a veces la vida se interpone en el camino: Las familias, los trabajos, el teatro, el agotamiento modding. Y no todo el mundo va a ser tan abierta acerca de por qué decidieron dejar de hacer algo que estaba tan fuertemente anticipado por otros.

When will the completed parts be released?

Unlocked.

If the community wants to know, they can ask.

They've waited for a long time to see this project come to fruition, and I feel that they deserve an honest answer rather than have this community turn them away for even asking in the first place

That's fair. But its unclear at this point if every contributor to this project is willing to clarify specifically why they stopped contributing which led to the project being shut down. Not everybody involved in this project has been active in this community lately.

The mod is still supposed to come out. @raidersbball20 said he is (possibly) working on some logos and then compiling. He has been very busy at work and stuff. Hopefully it will be compiled and released sooner than later. I would say 85% done. The roster we have will be an Opening Day-ish roster, needs more minor league guys and needs attribute updates. But it's solid. It does not crash, it has a real schedule, and it boasts real player ages.

This is where the community comes in

Grab this roster and edit it in REDITOR - or even Ty's Editor. Only these two. (Other programs or in-game editor causes the corruption) 

It will be released with the compilation of files when raiders is finished.

I apologize if I was catastrophizing the status of the mod. I would help with the roster beyond suggestions I've offered but I was uncomfortable working on it with just Ty's editor and Reeditor has so many more editing options. I don't have the guru license for it anyhow though. What about releasing a post trade deadline roster instead? I doubt you or raidersbball want to take the time to use multiple baseball websites to track down every player transaction but I can take a crack at it with Ty's editor if either of you want help.

"Many in the community!" Yeah, ok. Only the people in this community like this IBRAH guy (who has been here a little over a month now and already knows everything) wants answers as to why the mod he has been waiting for won't be in his greedy little hands. I've never cared for the people in here who contribute nothing except criticism to the modders. I'm sorry the mod was not completed but I also understand and appreciate the amount of work and personal time it takes to make a mod like this. That is something that this guy and everyone who thinks like him will never comprehend.

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Unlocked.

If the community wants to know, they can ask.

They've waited for a long time to see this project come to fruition, and I feel that they deserve an honest answer rather than have this community turn them away for even asking in the first place

So since when is it now okay to ask modders when a mod is going to be released?  As long as I've been here that's sort of been taboo.

Maybe such as huge undertaking should not have been announced unless it was close to completion and really going to have a release.

Regardless, I still think making it open game to allow the community to ask and sometimes pester modders is a bad precedent.

Archived