MVP 2005 running slowly on XP

Mjc0613

Hi.  I used to play MVP 2005 avidly but gave it up several years ago (probably around 2009 or 2010) because of work and family demands.  I recently got my old computer out and tried playing again, but the game speed is significantly slower than I remember it.  The pitcher winds up very slowly, the batter swings slowly, etc.  I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1520 running Windows XP.  Any suggestions for why the game might be running slowly?

Have you tried cleaning up the disk drive, defragmenting it, etc.?  What stadium are you playing in?  Do you have mods installed?  Some mods, especially stadiums, can be graphics intensive. Does this happen in every game you play?

I have not defragmented but will try that.  I'm playing in the standard stadiums that come with the game.  Seems to happen no matter what stadium I'm in.  No mods installed.  Just the base game with the five patches.  The opening graphics and menus are fine.  But it gets a little slow when the game starts.  

Not sure.  This is the same computer I played the game on back in 2005-2009 before I stopped.  I don't remember having issues with choppy video during the games like I'm having now.  Maybe it's the same as it was before, but it seems slower to me now that I'm used to newer/cleaner games and internet performance.

Archived