Help on Changing a Stadium's Sky (Day + Night)?

PizzaLove

There are several files in a stadium's big file. What you would need to do is use a program (I'm a Neanderthal and still use BigGUI)  and extract the desired sky from whatever stadium you wish. There are several files that have to do with sky. Off the top of my head, there's sky0.fsh, sky1, sky2, sky3, sky4, and sky5. You export these to a safe spot and then open up the .big file of the ballpark who's sky you wish to replace. Then you just import. 

To get day/night, just make sure you import to the proper time of day. For example, if you wanted to change the Braves' day sky to the Yankees' day sky, export the sky files from yankday.big and import them into turnday.big - and then for night, just export the files from yanknite.big to turnnite.big. 

Just one more question sorry!

Do you know if any other files are needed besides the sky .fsh .ord .orl files?

I could change the Day/Nite on a few files but not other ones (I checked for compression and rebuilding) but stuck lol

Thanks again for helping me - means a lot!

Okay, let me see if I can walk you through this now that I'm on my computer. Say you want to swap, as I used in the example before, the Braves sky with the Yankees sky. So going from Yankees sky to Braves sky.

The first thing you do is open up yankday.big and find the sky files. Extract the everything that says "sky" in that .big file. Then open up turnday.big and import the sky files you just took out and add them to turnday.big. No need to rename any files. You're just directly switching from one to another.

Then, you open up yanknite.big and extract the sky files there. And you'll just import those into turnnite.big.  Again, you're not renaming any files. You're just doing a straight swap. Hope this helps.

Archived