How to Make Portraits

TheWolfof2K

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I downloaded a massive roster with every season from 1954-2016... I am currently going through the 1982 season teams and correcting uniform numbers with the 2K12 Roster Tool. Your tutorial for the portraits is very good and I plan to add the portraits as I go...

I have a few questions;

- Am I able to put the retro logos into the game from older seasons? 

- I actually already have the player photos (stratomatic baseball PC)... can I use those photos or will the quality suck when I enlarge them for MLB 2K12?

Looking forward to a response (if you still check this...)

On 7/17/2019 at 10:33 PM, yount19 said:

I downloaded a massive roster with every season from 1954-2016... I am currently going through the 1982 season teams and correcting uniform numbers with the 2K12 Roster Tool. Your tutorial for the portraits is very good and I plan to add the portraits as I go...

I have a few questions;

- Am I able to put the retro logos into the game from older seasons? 

- I actually already have the player photos (stratomatic baseball PC)... can I use those photos or will the quality suck when I enlarge them for MLB 2K12?

Looking forward to a response (if you still check this...)

1) Yeah, they're located in three .iff files which have those logos in different sizes for the frontend art (the name escapes me), and the in-game logos are in whatever team's uniform_***.iff file is.

2) You just have to make sure that the photos are in DXT5 format, and when resizing, there should be options to smooth things out when you enlarge.

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

1) Yeah, they're located in three .iff files which have those logos in different sizes for the frontend art (the name escapes me), and the in-game logos are in whatever team's uniform_***.iff file is.

2) You just have to make sure that the photos are in DXT5 format, and when resizing, there should be options to smooth things out when you enlarge.

Thanks... One issue is that your tutorial uses an older version of gimp. I downloaded gimp after seeing this tutorial (version 4 I think) and the menus don't match your version of gimp. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those "older" guys that is not very computer savvy and more of a step by step visual learner and so I need to follow your steps one... at... a... time... (If you understand my meaning). In your tutorial, you clicked into things rather quickly and I couldn't figure out how to open some of the things that you had opened. After several hours of trying to make one photo, I became frustrated and just stopped. Perhaps I will try again soon as I am stoked to play with the rosters that I downloaded... At the very least, I would like to get the retro logos into the game...

To be clear, I'm not putting any blame on your tutorial as this is a "me" issue...

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry...

On 7/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, yount19 said:

Thanks... One issue is that your tutorial uses an older version of gimp. I downloaded gimp after seeing this tutorial (version 4 I think) and the menus don't match your version of gimp. Unfortunately for me, I'm one of those "older" guys that is not very computer savvy and more of a step by step visual learner and so I need to follow your steps one... at... a... time... (If you understand my meaning). In your tutorial, you clicked into things rather quickly and I couldn't figure out how to open some of the things that you had opened. After several hours of trying to make one photo, I became frustrated and just stopped. Perhaps I will try again soon as I am stoked to play with the rosters that I downloaded... At the very least, I would like to get the retro logos into the game...

To be clear, I'm not putting any blame on your tutorial as this is a "me" issue...

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry...

I think you're confusing me with the OP

Archived