Question about team shuffling in a season

tinpanalley

You absolutely can do this using the Playoff Creator tool.  You can even set the no. of games per round.

1.  Sim through an entire season.  It's highly recommended to keep trades, injuries and suspensions off.

2.  Once the season finishes, click on Advance to Playoffs (you can look at the present Playoff Picture).

3. Minimize the screen; run Playoff Creator

4. Insert teams per the playoff creator in the same order you saw on your bracket (Home AL1, Visitor AL1, Home AL2, Visitor AL2, etc.)

5. Return to game, return back to team screen.  If you still see a playoff team from your original bracket, simply toggle between the MLB and minor league team in the upper right corner and it'll switch.

Located in this batch of tools:

This game gets better and better. Brilliant!! Thank you!!
Seriously, I had held off on The Show 17 because a major country move caused me to finish last year's season well into this year, but I really think all the options here are gonna make buying the latest games less of an immediate decision. I've been playing the newest years of sports games every year since the early 90s. And I'd say for a good 7 years now, there's really been nothing, for me, in the way of innovation. And more and more getting in the way of playing straight forward seasons the way I like. And that's not enough for what games now cost.

The Show never really grabbed me and I've tried various years.  HATED the online experience.  Offline it never felt as "organic" as MVP.  Sure some MVP animations have their flaws, but overall it still plays well and it's one of the few AI engines that doesn't cheat to come back.  And it stills play online (IP 2 IP) very very well!

Archived