Placeholders..???

Vader

Hi

I have searched on the sight for this question and I only found something back last year but if there is something already said then I apologize upfront...I was just wondering I have the latest roster update for MVP 2005 and noticed that there are some placeholders on the rosters. Is there anyway to change that so all the rosters have players on them...

Thanks

I am trying to follow what you have asked but I must admit I am kind of confused. I am no roster expert but I have paid attention to what Gordo has said about his work. I believe to have a roster that works with no crashes you need twenty-five players on each team. He wouldn't leave one team with less than that. That's just my understanding and I could be mistaken.

Thank you Yankee4Life for the response..What I see when I am in the game and want to make trades is that for example the St.Louis Cardinals roster...On the trade screen you scroll down and you see instead of players names there is a name called C.PLaceholder and other teams have V.Placeholder as well when you go into the AAA rosters or AA rosters or A rosters....I am just wondering if there is a way to replace those names with valid names..??

Thanks

1 hour ago, Vader said:

Thank you Yankee4Life for the response..What I see when I am in the game and want to make trades is that for example the St.Louis Cardinals roster...On the trade screen you scroll down and you see instead of players names there is a name called C.PLaceholder and other teams have V.Placeholder as well when you go into the AAA rosters or AA rosters or A rosters....I am just wondering if there is a way to replace those names with valid names..??

Thanks

Placeholder, it's a fictitious player. It does just to fill the vacancy of each list.

Basically, the rosters I have put out over the years are MLB focused.  I did work with kyleb a few years ago on a roster and assisted in getting the MiLB teams in order (though he did most of the work), but it is too involved to keep up with the MiLB moves and creations in addition to all that I do just with the MLB area.  Y4L is right. Since people were experiencing crashes with minor league teams not being filled (as long as they kept trades, injuries and suspensions on) the easiest thing to do was create a squad of "Placeholder" names and move them to the empty slots.  As time has moved on, more and more MiLB players leave the game and I'm not interested in creating new ones, unless they move up to the MLB level for a significant period of time.

As far as you changing names, you can easily do that in MVPedit.  This is an Access tool/app, meaning, it saves as you go. I would not recommend making edit changes within the game directly.  You could easily get a corruption and your roster save would be lost.  With MVPedit you can save intermittently and as many times as you want.  I would just recommend making organized saves, naming them something logical that you will follow along the way.

Good luck.

Archived