Batter walk up music

matt321

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the batter music for the 74 classic mod. I was able to delete the batter ditty files in the unmoded game and it worked. But with the mod installed the batter ditty files are still showing to be deleted but they keep playing in the mod. I deleted it from  MVP Baseball 2005 ->data -> audio -> cd -> aems folder and also   batdit.abk in MVP Baseball 2005 ->data -> audio -> aems folder. 

I also open the data file as someone else suggested with the BIGGUI tool and could not find this file 

0x7c9e6865 127<test>

Change value 12 to 0.00   

It's a great mod but if I can't turn off the music I'm going back to the vanilla game.

You don't like the music we included?  :huh:    You must not be a child of the 70's.  :(

In order to edit the datafile to turn off the walkup music, you must first extract the datafile.txt file from data\datafile\datafile.big.  I use the eazip tool to do this.

To extract datafile.txt from datafile.big:  eazip -e datafile.big datafile.txt

To uncompress datafile.txt: eazip -u datafile.txt

You can then edit the datafile.txt file with a text editor.  That's where you can find and edit the line you mentioned in your post above.  Once you are done editing  file, you need to compress it:  eazip -c datafile.txt

At that point, you can reimport the datafile.txt file back into the datafile.big file:  eazip +a datafile.big datafile.txt

Alternatively, you can just copy the updated datafile.txt file to the data folder.  If the game finds a datafile.txt file in the data folder, it will override the file that is in the datafile.big file.  This makes it easy to test changes or try out other data files available here.  If you don't like it, just remove it from the data folder and the game will go back to using the one in the datafile.big file. 

Thank's but  I can't seem to get the datafile.txt to save after I edit it.  After I uncompress it again, it shows the original value of 12 instead of 00.

After I add the datatext to datadfile.big after editing I also get this message that I'm not sure the significance of -

adding *  datafile.txt - replacing

rename 'temp.viv - 7 datafile.big failed

• 2 months later...

You will need to extract all of the walkup music files from the walkup music file, run the 'sx' utility to increase the volume of each file and then re-import the modified files into the walkup music file.  You will need the NHL07AsfStudio utility to do this.  You can find it here:

Also, below is a post I made a number of years ago on how to create batter walkup music.  It includes a Word document describing the process and has my notes at the end based upon my experience using the NHL07AsfStudio and sx utilities.  Ignore the part of the post where I state where to find the NHL07AsfStudio utility.  The link specified there no longer works.  Instead, use the one I just posted above.

7 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

You will need to extract all of the walkup music files from the walkup music file, run the 'sx' utility to increase the volume of each file and then re-import the modified files into the walkup music file.  You will need the NHL07AsfStudio utility to do this. 

Thanks Jim that's extremely helpful. It's not up but rather down that I want to turn the music. And I really need to get rid of the pop music at the start of the game in the menus. I'd rather have the music from your 40s mods.

Archived