Cameras in-game

tinpanalley

After installing the MVP2015 mod, I realise I've now got a camera set that I really don't like at all. I can't find the default cameras in here anywhere so can someone tell me specifically what files I need to get from the disc? And will that file with the camera info also have other things in it that I may not want to get rid of (visual elements)? I prefer to stick with the defaults but if there's a selector for camera packs before starting a game, that would be cool.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Do you mean a datafile? If so there is a lot to choose from in the download section.

Yeah, thanks. I'll have a look around. I just really dig the stock feel. But there's probably something in there without specific things like MVP07 overlays.

10 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Yeah, thanks. I'll have a look around. I just really dig the stock feel. But there's probably something in there without specific things like MVP07 overlays.

If you like Gordo's rosters then you will enjoy his datafile. And there are a lot of good ones out there too. Jim825 has a very nice one. Trues has one and when Mvp 2005 first came out a guy named KSM made some outstanding ones. They are still in the download section.

Ok, tried a few. I like yours a lot Gordo. Just wish it didn't say MVP15. Or is that because I'm playing it in the 15 mod updated to your 17 rosters? Seeing the game from different angles (literally) has brought up the issue of sliders. I'm having trouble getting the player/fielder running and the thrown ball to flow realistically. Any recommendations?

Also, surprisingly, I recently found my massive folder of applications for modding MVP from 10 years ago AND all the edits I had done. Cameras, audio edits, etc etc. Don't know everything that's in there to be honest. But I did have my own datafile so I've gotta try that.

There should be a sliders file inside that SIM pack.  Also, check the thread for updates since then, then tweak to your liking:

I actually game across the pics I put together for someone for my most updated offline silders (All-Star level).  These are for the Sim Game Play pack I put together w/ the 1P batting view that I use.  I have no idea how they'll respond with other batting/pitching views:

batting.thumb.jpg.2fb4bcf0b3c52a40bb247f7d7a0380e6.jpgpitching.thumb.jpg.a290cadb074e92dd7395214b5749a813.jpgfielding.thumb.jpg.eea417283dc80cd617dca78562b052b4.jpgrunning.thumb.jpg.d747e79c4fdb7742d94ed2fe8c33d5fb.jpginjury.thumb.jpg.8034f2961740ea95305f3f1b32b18f33.jpg

Thanks, man. Yeah, that definitely played a better game. I was just having all sorts of weird things like too many  triples, players getting to second that shouldn't have, sharply hit balls rolling into the gap that turned into triples becaus my outfielders took forever to get to them.
One thing is kind of annoying which is that an overthown ball causes the camera to swing around and you completely lose any sense of where your fielders are, but I suppose that's just the way the game is.

The string music at the beginning of innings and the game, is that what comes baked into MVP2015?

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/10/2017 at 3:59 PM, Gordo said:

Datafile has nothing to do with the overlay.  You can get a different overlay.  For sliders, search the downloads section or the forums.  There's too many variations.

Hey, Gordo, since using your datafile, I get a hidden pitch meter when anyone's on first behind the runner window. Do you think that's happening because of the ESPN overlay I'm using or is it something you've seen before.

See what you mean .... do you want to play with the pitch meter or start playing with the "classic" look?  Personally, I don't like that pitch angle either ... as a pitcher, you wouldn't have that angle.

Regardless, you'll have to change the numbers in a file (fes_ingameoverlay.fel ) within a file (ingame.big).

ingame.big is opened with bigGUI tool.    The numbers inside the fel file I'd have to look at again.  It's been a while.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

See what you mean .... do you want to play with the pitch meter or start playing with the "classic" look?  Personally, I don't like that pitch angle either ... as a pitcher, you wouldn't have that angle.

I actually do like that pitch angle. I prefer it to look like a TV broadcast. What's the "classic" look?

5 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

This is what you need to fix the issue: 

Funny... I recently found a massive pack of tools and mods on a disc I burned around eight to ten years ago (it's moved countries with me twice) that had a folder full of Pitch meter fixes that I forgot was there. It's not this one. I wonder who originally made it. Anyway, I'll try this one. Thanks!
The only thing is, I didn't install the 07. I went straight to the 15.

Archived