Trouble with MVP 93 mod

Slydude3129

I downloaded the mod today. Installed it to a clean patch 5 MVP 05 install. After running explodeme I was told certain files weren't extracted, roster, attributes, ect. When I ran the game, the splash screen is there, music is there, some of the pictures are there, but the rosters are all messed up (Blend of 05, and 93 players). So I decided to uninstall. After uninstalling the game, I reinstalled MVP 05, and re patched it. Then ran patch 5 MVP 05. MVP 93 Splash screen, music, pictures, everything is still there. Pretty much uninstalling MVP 05 *did not uninstall MVP 93*. Now I can't get back to regular MVP 05, even after multiple uninstall attempts. Any ideas on how to fix this? Any ideas on how to fix the issue I had where the files did not extract from explodeme properly?

Just now, Slydude3129 said:

Dang, no I didn't. I made this quick post while I was sitting down to watch the World Series. Good to see you are still around Yankee. Sorry about Game Seven by the way. Great series we had though.

What are you sorry for? You didn't strike out Judge. Everyone on the Astros did but not you. He's over rated and that's that. I am sure that there is a thread about this somewhere but in the meantime check out this thread I made some years back.

LOL! Yea that is how I always run my mods and exactly how I installed MVP 93. Well it was still named -Copy but regardless. Didn't realize Conversion and Classic were two different forum subs either. I've done a quick search and found nothing. Maybe I need to look for uninstall 1993. 

6 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

What are you sorry for? You didn't strike out Judge. Everyone on the Astros did but not you. He's over rated and that's that. I am sure that there is a thread about this somewhere but in the meantime check out this thread I made some years back.

Hmm. Scrap everything and start again. Have another install of the game on your hard drive and try again.

1 minute ago, Slydude3129 said:

Ok even after rebooting my pc after complete uninstall them reinstalling didn't remove MVP 93. Maybe I need to make a thread in Classics? I don't understand why I can't uninstall the mod. What a crazy issue.

That is odd. :mellow:

Ok this is going to sound crazy, but I changed the install directory from the standard EA SPORTS/ MVP BASEBALL 2005 TO just ...../MVP BASEBALL and now I've got vanilla MVP back. I'll go to MVP 15, I know that one works. I'll look into my install issues with 1993 at a later date. Never could find a "support thread" for 1993 mod. Anyways thanks for the company Y4L, glad to see you are still around, behave yourself, and see if you can't stomach rooting for my Astros! LOL.

16 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Yes I will and best of luck to you with this mod.

Yea, so, you might find this funny, or not. Anyways, I managed to install MVP 93 and make it work 100% (plus the Stadium and Uniform mod) and retain MVP 05 *and* make it install correctly. So try this one out. Remember, I had to rename my main directory MVP Baseball, instead of MVP Baseball 2005, I had already copy pasted a copy of that folder and named it MVP 93, and placed it on my desktop. Once I downloaded MVP 93, I unzipped it into a new folder on my Desktop that I named TC93. Then when I clicked on explodeme instead of telling it to extract to MVP 93 (the mod's future home) I told it to extract into a new folder I created within TC93, that I naturally named Test. Once the program completed it's little jig, *and with no errors*, I opened Test, and copy pasted all the data from there, into MVP 93's data folder, and selected overwrite. And bingo, not only does the mod work 100%, but MVP 05 hasn't been messed up like it was last time.

I guess the main point is that, I had to extract explodeme into it's own folder and copy paste it that way to install it. Not that big a deal, one small extra step, but it works. Don't know where I read that at but it wasn't my idea. Should have been though, I should have thought of that.

What the hell?? Wow.

I want to tell you that I have never heard it done like that but you know what? As long as it worked out for you that is all that matters. I hope that you don't have any further problems just in case you want to try another season mod. We got a lot of them here and they are all good. :)

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

What the hell?? Wow.

I want to tell you that I have never heard it done like that but you know what? As long as it worked out for you that is all that matters. I hope that you don't have any further problems just in case you want to try another season mod. We got a lot of them here and they are all good. :)

Oh yea it works. Looks really nice. Will be nice to see faces in baseball that I actually know, as opposed to these days when I spend 9 2/3s innings asking, "Who the f*** is that?"

But I wouldn't be me if I didn't run into some issue. I'm trying to install MVP 15, and I'm having hell with TotalInstallerThingy. Have I ever mentioned how I *hate* mods that are built around using 3rd party software that itself needs obscure 12 year old Microsoft Software to work? I followed the instructions, and TiT appeared to be working, but nothing happened. The mod was not installed. The main mod download has an explodeme in it, so I'm going to use my new work around to get those files. The only problem is MVP 15 patch 1. It's just a bundle of files and folders with "use TiT" as the install instructions, yay. No folder structure at all. I guess I could go through each and every single file and find it's clone and do that, and I most likely will, but come on.

And yea, there are tons of mods. I might try out on of the 80s ones. What I would love to see is a 80s - 00s where after each Season the next batch of new players, are the actual new players that started that year in the Minor Leagues and stuff. But I have no doubt that is well and beyond anything MVP 05 is able to do. I seem to remember a problem with the game if you added too many players the whole season would crash or something? I might be thinking of something else but that would be the dream. Play through 1980 - 2010 (30 Years).

EDIT: I can confirm that I can install the main part of MVP 15 with my explodeme work around I mentioned earlier. Now, just to find each and every little file to replace from the ...15 patch 1. You know, if it isn't against site rules, when I do sort out the files, I might put them in a proper folder structure and .rar/.zip them and upload it to the downloads. It's just an insane pet peeve of mine when mod devs don't bother with file structure. Just feels so lazy not to take care of, when you are already going balls out on everything else.

EDIT#2: Well I'm managed to find where every single little file belongs but the cyber faces. They belong in a .big file and need to be compressed into that. Seeing as I have no idea how to do that, and I'm not downloading another 17 programs to solve this, I'm just not going to bother with it. I mean, why should I go through so much effort trying to get the mod to work, when the guy who made it put forth such little effort in the install process and making it  easier for people.

Archived