Audio volumes

tinpanalley

I'm essentially playing the 2015 mod with roster and graphics addons but I'm finding the walkup music in the game way too loud. The problem is that it's considered a sound effect by the game so lowering it also causes you to lose good in-game effects.
Is there any way to modify the volume of the walk up music? Or even just to delete the files the game references? To be honest, since they're not individual per player anyway they repeat a bit too often for my liking and get a bit annoying. I can edit audio so doing volume tweaks isn't difficult I just don't know where to begin.

Thanks for any help, guys.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Homer said:

Check the in game settings. I'm pretty sure there's a setting for it.

Not without also affecting sound effects in the game. That's the problem. I wanna keep the bat and ball noises where they are but I can't because at the volume where you can hear them the music is too loud and all those sound effects are on one slider.

if turning it off isn't an option for you, then you will need to learn to modify walk up music. it's one of the easiest things to mod in the game. but you'll need to search to do it. there's a whole thread on it.  once you extract the music, you will need to lower the volume of each wave file with a music editor like audacity. alternatively you can use mp3 gain if you convert them to mp3 first.

5 hours ago, Homer said:

if turning it off isn't an option for you, then you will need to learn to modify walk up music. it's one of the easiest things to mod in the game. but you'll need to search to do it. there's a whole thread on it.  once you extract the music, you will need to lower the volume of each wave file with a music editor like audacity. alternatively you can use mp3 gain if you convert them to mp3 first.

Editing audio isn't the problem. I do it professionally. It's accessing the parts of the game that have audio and knowing how to modify those game files that I need to learn.

6 hours ago, Homer said:

Perfect then, as it'll be a cinch for you. I haven't had a chance to look but there's a simple tutorial on walk up music lying around somewhere in the forums. It's one of the easiest things to do.

A lot of those tutorials either features links that are dead or for programs that aren't around anymore. I've tried more than one and hit dead ends. But I'll try. Thanks.

Archived