Cant run some save files

danc

I tried this post yesterday with a different name but can't find it anywhere!!!

For some reason when I try to play season.sav or dinastia.sav seasons they crash

just before loading the game. I can play dynasty.sav seasons just fine. Mods like mvp

2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 just crash as the game is about to start. I have been able to run

one or two games but never able to run the saved seasons a second time. Any ideas?

Oops you are right I posted this in the wrong forum. Old age I guess. Here is what I responded in the other post.

Windows 7.

I have a hypothesis on this that I am going to try out today.

My new system runs in 2560x1440 resolution.

I used reschanger on all of my dynasties/seasons/franchises/dianistas to set them to that resolution.

The dynasties and franchises work fine for the most part but there are a few that will not change resolution

using the app. I think that maybe these mods were created in a certain resolution and will not run in my new native res.

I am going to try to use the highest possible resolution just below the 2560x1440 as selectable in the season/dianista mods and see if they run.

Probably all wet but I'll let you know if it works. I hate to loose these mods as I am far along in the season on most of them.

Not resolution problem as far as I can tell.

Set res to 1280x1024x32 in game and  reset desktop native to same and still had crash prior to loading the actual ballgame.

Menus etc. work fine.

These mods worked fine on a Win7 laptop prior to new system.

Old system was XP.

Wierd. Just these save types.......................... 

Frustrated.

Talked to a couple of computer geeks last night and they thought that a "crash on load" problem might be

a missing *.dll file that was not needed in xp but is needed in win7. I know that I had to download a *.dll file to get

one of my flight sims to "load" in win7. Anybody have any ideas on this or any other potential fix?

Archived