Question About Replacing Walk-Up Music

tcorcoran37

I'm working on a custom overhaul (creating myself, friends, etc.) of the game, and I have a few questions about custom batter dittys. I've searched around the forums but haven't found exactly the answers I'm looking for. Figured I would ask here and see if I could get any help.

Is it possible to give one specific batter on specific ditty? I'm familiar with how to create your own custom dittys, but I couldn't find anything about how to specifically give certain players certain dittys. I see that there are 86 slots for dittys with varying amounts for each "genre", so does that mean that if I replace Slot #50 (Pop) with my own custom song, that it will be a random choice of the 10 total pop songs to be heard when a batter who has "Pop" selected selected as their ditty type steps up to the plate? Or is there a way that I can set it up so that that batter always has that custom ditty play when they come to the plate? 

I haven't tried anything out yet since I don't want to go through the whole process of editing/converting a bunch of songs/files only to have them not work the way I want them to.

Based upon the way that the roster files are setup, you can only select a particular ditty type for a player (Pop, Country, etc.).  You cannot specify individual ditties for a player.  As you mentioned, each ditty type has a specific range of slots.  When the game runs, it looks at the ditty type and then selects a ditty at random from the range of slots for that ditty type.

So, if your player has a ditty type of Pop assigned to him, you will get one of 10 different ditties when he comes up to bat and you are never guaranteed to hear the same one each time.  In one game you might have 3 consecutive batters have different ditties when they come up to bat, and in another game, you might hear the same ditty for all three players.  

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Based upon the way that the roster files are setup, you can only select a particular ditty type for a player (Pop, Country, etc.).  You cannot specify individual ditties for a player.  As you mentioned, each ditty type has a specific range of slots.  When the game runs, it looks at the ditty type and then selects a ditty at random from the range of slots for that ditty type.

So, if your player has a ditty type of Pop assigned to him, you will get one of 10 different ditties when he comes up to bat and you are never guaranteed to hear the same one each time.  In one game you might have 3 consecutive batters have different ditties when they come up to bat, and in another game, you might hear the same ditty for all three players.  

Ah okay, that sucks but at least I won't waste hours converting a bunch of .asf files now. There aren't any workarounds to this right?

I mean, if there is only one batter you're wanting to have a specific song, you could make all of the "pop" slots the same song and edit the walkup assignments in MVPEdit so that is the only player that has "pop" music. This doesn't work if you're wanting to make a bunch of assignments, but it would be a workaround if you're just wanting it for your favorite player.

1 hour ago, kyleb said:

I mean, if there is only one batter you're wanting to have a specific song, you could make all of the "pop" slots the same song and edit the walkup assignments in MVPEdit so that is the only player that has "pop" music. This doesn't work if you're wanting to make a bunch of assignments, but it would be a workaround if you're just wanting it for your favorite player.

Good point.  I hadn't thought of that.

7 hours ago, kyleb said:

Thought about that as a possible workaround also, but unfortunately I did want to make a bunch of assignments, so I guess I'm out of luck.

Also, does anybody know if there are any ways to make batter dittys play for pitchers when they come in from the bullpen? i.e. Enter Sandman playing when Mariano Rivera comes in.

Archived