darkhour79

High Heat 2004 - Simcentral.net MODS

Hello all, I recently got High Heat Baseball 2004 up and running on my Win10 PC and well,....was quite disappointed of the lack of mods on here. I recall back in the days simcentral.net had a TON of great mods for this game and I was wondering if anyone on here still has any of those mod files on hand. 

Capture.PNG

That would be fantastic. Thanks for digging that up. Sometimes (VERY rarely) those links can be run through wayback and you can still download stuff. But only in instances where the host has kept the server open.

The reason for the lack of downloads is that when the site first started, it was dedicated to MVP2004 and then MVP2005.  Once the MVP series stopped being produced, the site expanded to include the MLB2K series.

Yankee4Life has added some of the mods that he had for HH2003 and HH2004 within the last 3 or 4 years.

Man you guys are awesome, quick responses much appreciated. Thought I would get crickets for posting this. HH2004 is such a good game heavily modded, straight out of the box not so much. Think I will keep trying the wayback archives and see if I can get a lucky link on a lucky day. 

13 minutes ago, darkhour79 said:

Man you guys are awesome, quick responses much appreciated. Thought I would get crickets for posting this. HH2004 is such a good game heavily modded, straight out of the box not so much. Think I will keep trying the wayback archives and see if I can get a lucky link on a lucky day. 

The stadiums and uniforms I uploaded are the most up-to-date ones around, since no one is making them anymore. I got them from The Perfect Game board, formerly High Heat and before that The Clubhouse. Give those a shot.

Nice, yeah I am about to download those to start with. Thanks Yankee4Life. I'm still pissed about that '98 WS though :angry:

3 hours ago, darkhour79 said:

Nice, yeah I am about to download those to start with. Thanks Yankee4Life. I'm still pissed about that '98 WS though :angry:

Really? I slept pretty well when that series was finished.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Really? I slept pretty well when that series was finished.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

The stadiums and uniforms I uploaded are the most up-to-date ones around, since no one is making them anymore. I got them from The Perfect Game board, formerly High Heat and before that The Clubhouse. Give those a shot.

I can vouch for those, they're great.

I have some stadiums and overlays I made for HH 2004. I'll try and find them and post them here.

Tis TRUES!!! Hey man much appreciated I just downloaded a few overlays and the markers. Much better than the default markers fo' sho'! Do you recall a mod that smoothed out the jerky fielding animations?

Good looking out boomhauertjs, I just grabbed those 2018 rosters. 

3 hours ago, boomhauertjs said:

Someone over at Operation Sports just posted 2018 rosters for those of you interested.

No way... really? Definitely checking that out.

Dude, it's legit. Props to Greenhell the guy that did the roster up. The faces on the players are top notch as well.

Thanks for the heads up darkhour,got that file and trues' files here now if someone could track down the mod that cured the Mr. Roboto player movements i'd be good lol. And thanks to trues for making his files available!

Yeah I am looking for the anti-robo movement mod too. I think it was the Keiriks Realism tune or SF GIANTS tune that used to reside on simcentral.net. Or I could be wrong? I put a request for that on operation sports so hopefully we get something back.

HHTunes_simcentral.png

17 minutes ago, darkhour79 said:

Yeah I am looking for the anti-robo movement mod too. I think it was the Keiriks Realism tune or SF GIANTS tune that used to reside on simcentral.net. Or I could be wrong? I put a request for that on operation sports so hopefully we get something back.

HHTunes_simcentral.png

What you're looking for is the one that edits the anims.hh file, not a tune

Was there a specific set of settings in-game that were essential for the game to play realistic baseball? I'm playing it stock and it feels fine, just wondering if there werecertain things that really needed adjusting.
Thanks!

1 hour ago, tinpanalley said:

Was there a specific set of settings in-game that were essential for the game to play realistic baseball? I'm playing it stock and it feels fine, just wondering if there werecertain things that really needed adjusting.
Thanks!

Do you mean like a datafile like Mvp? I'm not sure but I think someone named SerialMike may have messed around with that.

45 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Do you mean like a datafile like Mvp? I'm not sure but I think someone named SerialMike may have messed around with that.

No, I just meant sliders.

10 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

No, I just meant sliders.

If I remember clearly there were sliders available at some point, but the Tune files were much more popular along with the sliders

55 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

If I remember clearly there were sliders available at some point, but the Tune files were much more popular along with the sliders

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought tune files were just text versions of the in-game sliders? Like, ones you could tweak in an editor instead of using the controller in the game. I missed out on all this HH editing/modding. So there is more than just the in-game sliders to toy with?

1 hour ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought tune files were just text versions of the in-game sliders? Like, ones you could tweak in an editor instead of using the controller in the game. I missed out on all this HH editing/modding. So there is more than just the in-game sliders to toy with?

The tune affects stock variables, but the in-game sliders influence whatever the tune file has preconfigured, if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

The tune affects stock variables, but the in-game sliders influence whatever the tune file has preconfigured, if that makes sense.

Sure, makes sense, so the tune is the base physics of the game as programmed and the sliders modify those base standards. Now, were there any that were considered essential for good physics? I know with MVP and even 2K there are some basic things you have to set if you want reasonably realistic animations, movements, and sometimes stats.

Edited by tinpanalley