2018 MVP Portraits

Gordo

Minimally, I put together charts above.  But I don't know if they are still needed as some of those players may have moved on.  But for the most part it is probably still needed.  There are probably a few new moves and callups since then.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reviving this thread in hopes that someone could take this on.  I don't even think getting the transparency correct is necessary (a la the Total Classics mods).  Just a simple updated portrait done the correct way (with the official IDs) for proper insertion into the game. And with that being said, not for widescreen, but for how the game was programmed, for a 4:3 screen.

Any takers?

12 hours ago, LetsGoFish2015 said:

I have a lot of 2018 portraits if u want...…….

I think it's a matter of sharing with the community as I'm sure you have used various files people here have made.  But they need to be in a format where we can install them, preferably with TiT.  Basically, the official ID's need to be on the .fsh files, just like any other portraits you find in the downloads section that people have done previously.

1 hour ago, Schordese said:

Where is the list ? Is it the .doc file above ? 

That list is from May.  Clearly there's a lot of changes since then.  What I do to make the list, is fire up the game in window mode and make a list in a .doc file on the side.  It's much easier to scroll through the players while in the manager's section of the game.

Well I might not be current with the latest portrait updates and could end up making some that already exist.  I'm not tampering with the rosters right now as I am working in Milb updates and generating portraits as I go (assuming they have a certified ID).

Tell you what, if you whip up a new list (even a partial list) for me I'll give it a go.

I've got too much going on right now.  It's not very difficult if you go through the teams with the game open...very easy to scroll through the teams and you'd easily be able to tell which portraits are either out of date or simply not correct.

Not sure if you and Fish could work on this together so as not to duplicate efforts.

You're labeling your upload "faces" but you're doing "portraits".   Faces are considered to be Cyber Faces.   I'll take a look.  Thanks.

Addendum:  this is the same file you uploaded before.  It's not a finished product, but maybe someone can use them to make the .fsh files.

Plus you've uploaded them in the Faces (Cyberfaces) section.  These are not cyberfaces.

As requested, here's an updated list of what seems to be need for portraits.  As you can imagine, with it being incomplete at the beginning of the season and now with all the moves and new players, it's grown larger.  

Hope this helps.  I'm sure there are a few missed and of course with moves still coming, there will be a need/want up until the end of the season.

Top line is position players; bottom line is pitchers.

Portrait Needs as of August 2018.doc

13 hours ago, Schordese said:

Just finished the Rockies. I'm working from bottom to top of the list. If anybody wants to collaborate please work from top to bottom.

My 2c on collaboration, since you've already started, is to have someone PM you and clearly define who is going to do what because otherwise, you will all end up either skipping a multitude of players or you'll end up duplicating a bunch of players, which is a waste of time.

There's approximately 277 that I counted that either need updating because they are on a different team or a new ID for MLB or because they have been created along the way.

Addendum:

*Brett Kennedy, P, SDP can be added to the list; portrait ID 0613

*Garrett Hampson, IF, COL can be added; he does need a portrait ID no.  (requested)

*Victor Alcantara, P, DET can be added;  portrait ID 4728

*Chasen Bradford, P, SEA can be added; portrait ID 4091

1 hour ago, LetsGoFish2015 said:

Can't wait to see this done

I think you should remove your pack from the downloads..... it may be confusing people.  Or at least rename if and place it in the correct section in case anyone wants to use those BMPs.

Schordese, sent you a PM on this.  I can probably do the American League, but I'm avoid the transparency by putting in a generic logo background behind the player.  The portraits are from the ESPN team rosters sections.

Sample:

sample.JPG.76d1271b1b38269e19bb7f5e99fa922e.JPG

Schordese has really stepped up here at this time of year, just like Muller did at the beginning of the year!  This should allow me to do end of year rosters earlier this year!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed!

Some other updates as I'm working on EOS rosters that may be needed (this would include MLB'ers who have had reassignments of the Photo ID so that the team Photo ID's could be re-enacted).  This is not a complete list at this point:

Hector Velazquez, BOS
Randy Rosario, CHC
Jose Rondon, CWS
Greg Allen, CLE
Heath Fillmyer, KCR
Jose Briceno, LAA
Adam Frazier, PIT (new ID no. 0630)
Tayron Guerrero, MIA (new ID no. 0653)

13 hours ago, Gordo said:

Some other updates as I'm working on EOS rosters that may be needed (this would include MLB'ers who have had reassignments of the Photo ID so that the team Photo ID's could be re-enacted).  This is not a complete list at this point:

Hector Velazquez, BOS
Randy Rosario, CHC
Jose Rondon, CWS
Greg Allen, CLE
Heath Fillmyer, KCR
Jose Briceno, LAA
Adam Frazier, PIT (new ID no. 0630)
Tayron Guerrero, MIA (new ID no. 0653)

Done, and i put McCutchen with the Yankees :)

:rofl:

American League portraits complete and available for d/l

Gordo If you have time to make a new list once you've completed your next roster update, I'll be happy to update the portraits.

I'm keeping track of Laroquece's posts so I'll try to make them as they come. 

Thanks guys, enjoy !

Dude , can't thank you enough.  Your efforts here for this are gargantuan and will make the off season playing that much better.

I can't recall when so many names have jumped teams this late in the year, but then again I can't remember shit :)

Still picking away at the rosters.... hopefully this week.  Basically with the roster expansion in September, there's no sense trying to update them conventionally, thus, the EOS rosters.

Archived