Commentary: legends mod vs stock

tinpanalley

I'm curious about how these two work on different mods. I know that TONS of work has been done with Krukow and Kuiper to create player names from today but...
1. do they call names from the past in Total Classics? Or do they not mention names in those mods?

2. how about the Legends of the booth mod? What happens in a contemporary mod when you load those guys up? Do they say, "Josh Donaldson"? Do they say "Florida Marlins"?

I know this is hardly important and that the calling of the events of the game and balls and strikes are more important. But I'm curious partially because I detest Krukow's colour style so much that I'm considering playing with the legends mod. If I had the time, I'd make a variation of the stock commentary that just deletes Krukow altogether. They don't "talk to each other" anyway and I like Kuiper so you'd never notice him missing. Anyone know how difficult that would be?

Search for a mod called "Total Classics audio v1". This mod extends the stock audio to have Kuiper and Krukow announce classic player names. This mod is used in the Total Classics mods that don't include the Legends from the Booth mod. 

The Legends mod announce names of modern players up until when the Legends mod was released. There was an add-on Legends mod that had stadium announcements for modern stadiums, however, there was never an add-on mod for modern teams, so you won't hear the Florida Marlins or even the Montreal Expos team names announced. 

In some of my Total Classucs mods, I use the Legends mod for player name and play by play audio but have Mike Krukow from the stock audio announce stadium and team names. 

That's funny that it requires an addon for the contemporary guys to appear in Total Classics because in my 1951 Season, Kuiper and Krukow show up.

So, basically, Allen and Harwell and Scully aren't really gonna call any contemporary names. And Kuiper and Krukow aren't gonna call any names in classics mods. So, it's just a question of pick the team that matches the era or live with no names being called. That's it, right?

In your recollection, is it insanely complicated editing the play by play? Is it something that requires tons of knowledge and hours of work? I mean specifically removing Krukow entirely.

19 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

In your recollection, is it insanely complicated editing the play by play? Is it something that requires tons of knowledge and hours of work? I mean specifically removing Krukow entirely.

I might be able to answer this one. It took OTBJoel three years to complete the Legends of the Booth mod. So yes, it's complicated. :o

10 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I might be able to answer this one. It took OTBJoel three years to complete the Legends of the Booth mod. So yes, it's complicated. :o

Wow. Ok, but I literally want to identify all of Krukow's lines and cut them out. I know they're obviously not labelled, but I would hope they'd at least be isolated and not tied to Kuiper's lines. Where would I find them, maybe I can just have a look.

37 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

That's funny that it requires an addon for the contemporary guys to appear in Total Classics because in my 1951 Season, Kuiper and Krukow show up.

So, basically, Allen and Harwell and Scully aren't really gonna call any contemporary names. And Kuiper and Krukow aren't gonna call any names in classics mods.

That's incorrect. Kuiper and Krukow DO call classic names in the Total Classics mods.  As I said, in the Total Classics mods that don't include the Legends from the Booth audio, I included the Total Classics audio add-on that adds Luipwr and Krukow announcing classic player names. 

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

That's incorrect. Kuiper and Krukow DO call classic names in the Total Classics mods.  As I said, in the Total Classics mods that don't include the Legends from the Booth audio, I included the Total Classics audio add-on that adds Luipwr and Krukow announcing classic player names. 

Ok, my mistake, for some reason I took that to mean.. only where there isn't audio from the legends guys and that otherwise it's always the legends guys. Let me phrase it as a question: is there a setup where Kuiper and Krukow call the game in its entirety like the stock game and also have been edited to call every individual player as well as thoroughly as the database of names in Legends From The Booth?

On 3/24/2018 at 11:59 PM, tinpanalley said:

Ok, my mistake, for some reason I took that to mean.. only where there isn't audio from the legends guys and that otherwise it's always the legends guys. Let me phrase it as a question: is there a setup where Kuiper and Krukow call the game in its entirety like the stock game and also have been edited to call every individual player as well as thoroughly as the database of names in Legends From The Booth?

As I said earlier, the answer is yes.  The Total Classics mods that do not include the Legends audio (e.g. Total Classics 10, Total Classics 1978, etc.) have Kuiper and Krukow announcing player names and doing play by play and they include just as many player names as the Legends From the Booth Mod.  In fact, OTBJoel used the Total Classics audio as a base for Legends from the Booth and he uses the same portrait/audio IDs as the Total Classics audio.  That's why you can pretty much drop the Legends From the Booth files into a Total Classics mod and have the player audios line up.

Archived